Is it okay for men to wear compression shorts alone?

Replies

• LayLen
    LayLen Posts: 20
    Clear eyes, all heart, can't lose baby! This morning I'm going to get after it, and I'll be thinking of you all the way through the pain and burn. I promise. Especially the people who tried dissing my character as if they know me. Muahahaha negative energy turned into positive energy. Take notes.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Hey, I said shouldn't. I didn't say you shouldn't. BTW, the subject of the post is Compression Shorts, not Compression Underwear. Somebody went in that direction, and others followed.

I meant to say, "I said I shouldn't."
  • Xtrobelights
    Xtrobelights Posts: 39 Member
    Gross...compression shorts are to be worn UNDER regular shorts. I'd be "grinning" too if I saw a guy working out in just compression shorts while thinking "dude has no shame" don't get me wrong, if you work out at home then go ahead and wear just the compression shorts, but not in public
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    q5s4pa2

Compression shorts need a layer over them. That is all.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Check out the weightlifters training - http://youtu.be/yP49r5wnOPo

All of them (male and female) are wearing either compression shorts, compression leggings or a lifting suit (maybe rolled down to create the same effect as shorts), the only slight exception being Idalberto Arranda who has some trackies on over a lifting suit.

If I'm going to take someone's opinion on what is best, it would be these guys, rather than other random gym goers or internet forum members.

I go to the gym to train, not for a fashion show or to please other people, so I wear what makes me perform best and what I like, I don't really care what other people think about it.

Like Koing said earlier, maybe the reason my view is different is because I actually squat, so unlike most gym goers I don't have little bird legs!
  • LayLen
    HelloDan, you are *kitten* awesome brother. I love Olympic Weight Lifting. Few of my best friends moved out to Dubai Egypt and started a professional team out there and their own gym. It's what I thought of while everyone was chiming in with their...inexperienced opinions. I love my legs, since my last post, ran a few miles, got in over 400 pushups, 400 crunches, 260 lunges. Can't wait to go to the gym in a few hours.
  • LayLen
    KinoM, LMFAO, funniest reply ever brother. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • phll423
    phll423 Posts: 1 Member
    yes, compression shorts are like compression pants and can be warn alone, but keep in mind people love to judge!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    ThreadNecroCArd.jpg
  • I am a man and to hell with anyone who does not like guys wearing compression shorts. I don't understand why people get uptight about men wearing compression shorts. Just because their manhood shows or sticks out more shouldn't matter. It is what it is. It is just a penis. Just like breast in a female. It is natural.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    To be honest, doesn't bother me what anyone wears to work out. As long as you are wearing something, all is good. If it's comfortable, wear them.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    I am a man and to hell with anyone who does not like guys wearing compression shorts. I don't understand why people get uptight about men wearing compression shorts. Just because their manhood shows or sticks out more shouldn't matter. It is what it is. It is just a penis. Just like breast in a female. It is natural.

:laugh:
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Please wear shorts over. Even if you're a sexy beast, it's distracting.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    I see no issue here.
  • congruns
    congruns Posts: 127 Member
    You do what you want and are comfortable with. And if someone wants to wear clothes to a nude 5K, they should be allowed to
  • IHrVoices
    IHrVoices Posts: 1 Member
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    No issues with it whatsoever.

I live in big cycling/running country, so it's pretty much standard uniform. I wear them myself, alone, when I go for runs (compression capris/shorts/tights). They aren't undergarments, they are functional pieces of sportswear. I can certainly tell the difference when I run in compression gear as opposed to just "normal" shorts. I'm not going to add another layer of clothing just incase someone decides to feel offended.

I don't see what the big fuss is.

(Since I changed my avatar, I should probably point out that I'm female though - although the pink flowers should probably give that away)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    If women can wear volley ball shorts in the gym, why can't guys? I never would. I do wear bike shorts at the gym, but only in the Spin studio. If I'm using the spin bike that is in the machine room I wear gym shorts over the bike shorts.
    Besides, I'm afraid not doing so might cause explosive vomiting episodes :D
    Gotta say those volley ball shorts look really good on woman that lift heavy and obviously do squats :)
    (I'm happily married but I'm not dead)
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Back in ancient Greece, people worked out at the gym completely naked. In fact the word "gym" is derived from an ancient Greek word meaning "naked"

Nobody was asking for a spot while benching either.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Bicycle pants are thick spandex with padding. You normally wear those alone.

I don't go grocery shopping in them.

Some sporting attire is more revealing than others

I wear the thick Under Armor 3/4 length men's winter tights on leg day. They are textured and not shiny thin spandex. My trainer actually said to wear them for compression and staying warmed up. And as goofy as I thought it was, she was actually right

Wear what you feel comfortable with.

If you don't like the thin shiny spandex then get thicker textured and be less revealing. Well worth it.