social media fueling dangerous ‘thigh gap’ trend

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    oh lord now we got vagina windows. People spend too much time looking and not enough time touching.
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    http://hot-dog-legs.tumblr.com/

Everyone needs to go to that link.

this basically made my day
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I love my thighs. My husband knows I could land one heck of a kick if I wanted to. I wish they jiggled less but I'd rather have the strength to break someone's face in for insulting my completely ungapping thighs than give up by best group of muscles to impress them. ^_^
  • BrianDCarlson
    Options
    I blame Fatboy Slim - this was way back in 2000. Check out their album cover.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31DJA12J55L.jpg
  • IntoTheSunset
    Options
    This isn't anything new. When I was a teen (maybe 9th grade, early 90's) I was told by more than one source that if your thighs didn't touch you were an acceptabe weight but if they did then you definitively had a need to lose a few. I believed it for years. This was before the internet so.... No one to tell me other wise.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Lets not get mixed up between a box gap and a thigh gap.

Thigh gap - nothing touches

Box gap - thighs touch but there is that neat little heart shaped gap at the top

aw crap - i have that.

how do i fix it?

or is this like - a peep hole instead of a window?

WAT DUZ IT MATR IF U RNT 20 LBS OMG #skinandbones #nothingtastesasgoodasskinnyfeels #haventeateninthreedays #bonesarebeautiful #fattymcfatfat

My brain hurts from typing that.

My brain hurts from reading it :p

You're welcome. When you think about that headache you have later, you can whisper "Pistolas" and shake your fist at the sky.

I should have someone film me doing that in a crowded downtown area. Then edited it, add some music, some graphics. Would be just like the movies :p
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    So, I'm curious. If the wind blew through your window--or you went for a run, would it make a whistling sound?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    For information's sake, just *how* skinny do you have to be to get a vagina window? Are we talking BMI 19? 17? 16?

not BMI or how skinny - thigh gap is mostly determined by the width of that whole pelvic cradle area - space between where your thigh bones stand.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    dangerous ‘thigh gap’ trend

possibly dangerous weight-loss goal

thigh gap is risky

:laugh: geez louise
  • yoovie
    Options

Box gap - thighs touch but there is that neat little heart shaped gap at the top

aw crap - i have that.

how do i fix it?

It's a sun roof

omg i just pictured someone standing up through one like a limo and spilling champagne everywhere
  • yoovie
    Options
    oh lord now we got vagina windows. People spend too much time looking and not enough time touching.

i am not going to allocate time to thigh void touching.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Oh noes!!!! What if I have a vagina window... but I like the look of the little heart at the top?!!! How do I fix that!!!!
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to get people to call it a vagina window.

I think it will make the trend die down

I will now refer to it as this and only this term. I will also educate others.

Same. Must make sure all my friends are aware. lol

My husband just inquired, so is the male version the "mangina window"?
  • chai_masala
    chai_masala Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm gonna start the new obsessive Tumblr trend. Toe gap. You know. Large gaps between your toes 'cause they're too skinny to cramp together. That's how ya really know you're skinny. :drinker:

I already have serious toe gaps. I thought it was genetic bone structure but it means I'm SKINNY ALRIIIIGHT!!!!
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options

aw crap - i have that.

how do i fix it?

WAT DUZ IT MATR IF U RNT 20 LBS OMG #skinandbones #nothingtastesasgoodasskinnyfeels #haventeateninthreedays #bonesarebeautiful #fattymcfatfat

My brain hurts from typing that.

My brain hurts from reading it :p

You're welcome. When you think about that headache you have later, you can whisper "Pistolas" and shake your fist at the sky.

I should have someone film me doing that in a crowded downtown area. Then edited it, add some music, some graphics. Would be just like the movies :p

I like it. Pistolas sounds like a good archnemesis name.
  • hannahpistolas
    Options
    Also, I'm gonna start the new obsessive Tumblr trend. Toe gap. You know. Large gaps between your toes 'cause they're too skinny to cramp together. That's how ya really know you're skinny. :drinker:

I already have serious toe gaps. I thought it was genetic bone structure but it means I'm SKINNY ALRIIIIGHT!!!!

I'M SO JELLY OMG

I have a big gap between my big toe and the successive toes. Mostly because I am the missing link between humans and simians.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options

I'M SO JELLY OMG

I have a big gap between my big toe and the successive toes. Mostly because I am the missing link between humans and simians.

Mine isn't huge but if I tilt my foot slightly I can totally see a gap.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Once more youtube comes to the rescue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLwyLUPUgZs
  • hannahpistolas
    Options

I'M SO JELLY OMG

Mine isn't huge but if I tilt my foot slightly I can totally see a gap.

Welcome to the obsession. I DID A THING.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

Actually humans are meant to have toe gaps. Most of us do not because we wear shoes that are too narrow in the forefoot that smash our toes together all the time:

http://birthdayshoes.com/forum/birthdayshoes-com-general-discussion/barefoot-toe-spread-pictures!/
    https://www.barefootathlete.co.uk/blog/are-my-barefoot-shoes-too-big/

The Role of Toe-gap Force for the Evaluation of Falling Risk on the Elderly:
    http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-540-36841-0_109