Over Three Weeks & NO Progress...:(

Options
1235»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    omg why is no one in the forum using quotes today? everyone keeps ctrl c-ing this nonsense. my eyes are gonna bleeduh.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Fruit juices contain lots of sugars.

/quote]

Don't waste your calories on juice, drink water and eat your calories.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    It has only been 3 weeks....give it some time.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Ok, here I am going to have to quote it all for you both, which is really sad. I really can not believe that I should need to do this.
    working out 5-6 times a week is gonna build muscle, remember muscle is heavier than fat. Try measuring instead of weighing.

this person is confused about muscle and fat.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    working out 5-6 times a week is gonna build muscle, remember muscle is heavier than fat. Try measuring instead of weighing.

No.

Or you could try explaining why I'm wrong instead of being hella rude. Geez.

Some people are just rude. What I think they are trying to say is 1lb of fat weighs exactly the same as 1lb of muscle, Basically a 1lb is a 1lb.

Muscle and fat take up different parts in your body.

Google is a good friend x

eta typo

No....

The OP stated they haven't lost weight in over 3 weeks. A woman pro-body builder can maybe put on 1/2 a pound of muscle on in that time......maybe. Muscle isn't packed on that easy to put a person, especially a female, into a scale halting state, especially when 90% of the exercising the OP is doing is cardio, and.....in a caloric deficit.

Did you actually read this answer to the question from this person before you posted?

It was not a reply to the OP :tongue:

Yes, the person saying "No" meant that there is No Way the OP put on muscle mass to stop the scale. That is how I read it. :tongue:

The reply from this person was suggesting that they were confused about the muscle/fat weight. Sometimes people have preconceived ideas about it and this person was `put down` for their answer.

I do not want to start a war of words ...the post is about the OP`s struggle with her weight at the end of the day.

it wasnt suggesting that they were confused about anything.

they were saying 'NO' to the part that said "working out 5-6 times a week is gonna build muscle" because it's misleading and not the case here.

When I read 'No' - i dont interpret this to mean confusion - i interpret it to mean that something was incorrect in the previous statement and to read closer.

I think 99.9% of us know what that NO meant!
  • twinketta
    Options

Muscle does not weigh more that fat, a lb of fat is a lb of muscle, muscle takes up less space than fat. I would suggest making your diary public so people can help you, hard to say, when we have no idea what you are eating.

Muscle does not take up less space than fat. A cubic inch of muscle = a cubic inch of fat.

I just laughed so hard. thank you.

here you are laughing at a reply from someone giving an answer about muscle/fat
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Ok, here I am going to have to quote it all for you both, which is really sad. I really can not believe that I should need to do this.

She's not confused, she's giving out wrong information which she's read somewhere and applied it to OP.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Weight loss boil down to this - Calories in and calories out. Either you have a medical condition or you're eating too much.

This exactly.

It's easy to underestimate calories in and overestimate calories burned. I figured that one out pretty early on.
  • twinketta
    Options

No.

Or you could try explaining why I'm wrong instead of being hella rude. Geez.

A young girl asking for a simple explanation?
  • twinketta
    Options

She's not confused, she's giving out wrong information which she's read somewhere and applied it to OP.

And she has read it somewhere and applied it to the OP and it would not be kind to try to explain it without putting her down because...
  • raichhype
    raichhype Posts: 74 Member
    Options

And she has read it somewhere and applied it to the OP and it would not be kind to try to explain it without putting her down because...

I used a quote which I've heard before and been proofed wrong. I don't know why this has had to turn into a mass discussion about how stupid I am.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Muscle does not weigh more that fat, a lb of fat is a lb of muscle, muscle takes up less space than fat. I would suggest making your diary public so people can help you, hard to say, when we have no idea what you are eating.

Muscle does not take up less space than fat. A cubic inch of muscle = a cubic inch of fat.

I just laughed so hard. thank you.

here you are laughing at a reply from someone giving an answer about muscle/fat

and here you are doing.....what, exactly?
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Nobody said that hon. I thought you'd read it somewhere and applied it here, I also didn't see anything wrong with the post that said 'no' in response to yours.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options

I used a quote which I've heard before and been proofed wrong. I don't know why this has had to turn into a mass discussion about how stupid I am.

There are some phrases here that garner a kind of Pavlovian reaction among some folks. It's not you. You just stumbled across one of the phrases ;)
  • Redbone723
    Redbone723 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    is this a joke? It takes more than three weeks. This is a LIFE change.

What's the hurry? Today is a new day... so is tomorrow. And the next.

Uuuhhh...no it's not a joke! I wasn't looking to lose 30 pounds in 3 weeks; however, considering the drastic change I've made, I thought I would see at least a pound or two come off. SO since I was early on, I figured I'd come on the boards and get advice from POSITIVE people who are having success in their journey. Otherwise, keep negative, sarcastic comments to yourself, please and thank you!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    nathan-fillion-well-nevermind.gif

nevermind.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    is this a joke? It takes more than three weeks. This is a LIFE change.

What's the hurry? Today is a new day... so is tomorrow. And the next.

Uuuhhh...no it's not a joke! I wasn't looking to lose 30 pounds in 3 weeks; however, considering the drastic change I've made, I thought I would see at least a pound or two come off. SO since I was early on, I figured I'd come on the boards and get advice from POSITIVE people who are having success in their journey. Otherwise, keep negative, sarcastic comments to yourself, please and thank you!

1. Weigh and measure your food to make sure you are accurately logging.

2. Eat back 50-70% of your exercise calories.

3. Be patient. Trust me it doesn't happen the way you think it will happen, or the way you want it to happen, or expect it to happen.

4. Don't take offense at every straightforward answer you get in the forums, and especially don't take offense to answers from people who have lost the weight, kept it off and been around these parts for a long time. They know what it takes and they will not blow smoke up your a$s.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Ah, the old "eat back calories" refrain.

Aren't the calories you're expending in exercise accounted for in your TDEE calculation?

Why should you "eat them back" if they're already accounted for in the equation?