Why does Coke Zero make my hungry?

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    It fills me up. *shrug*

It leaves me starving after an hour or so.

You need to get the liquid protein to fill you up better

tumblr_lrr2jc1k8n1qkmpj8o1_500.gif
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It fills me up. *shrug*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    tumblr_lrr2jc1k8n1qkmpj8o1_500.gif
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Drink soda too quickly, belly fills up with the carbonation. Then ya burp, and you're suddenly not full anymore and you realize you're hungry! That's what happens to me, for realsies.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    It fills me up. *shrug*

I don't know what this means, but I feel like you're making fun of me. :(
  • donnasimoneau2
    Options
    The artificial sweeteners will mess with your liver enzymes, potentially leaving you even hungrier after just a short while and causing you to overeat in the end. Coke also contains caffeine, which will have a diuretic effect and make you thirsty sooner or later.
    I've also heard that a lot of people have reported being more thirsty after having soda? Don't know if that is founded though.
  • whierd
    Options
    The artificial sweeteners will mess with your liver enzymes, potentially leaving you even hungrier after just a short while and causing you to overeat in the end. Coke also contains caffeine, which will have a diuretic effect and make you thirsty sooner or later.
    I've also heard that a lot of people have reported being more thirsty after having soda? Don't know if that is founded though.

Caffeine, except in high doses, is not a diuretic according to the Mayo Clinic.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It fills me up. *shrug*

I don't know what this means, but I feel like you're making fun of me. :(

You know..the protein that you have to shake :flowerforyou:

Kiss.gif
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it ate a hole in your stomach and all your food is now lying about in your abdomen? :laugh:

Seriously though, I've had 2 today and could seriously go for a third. This time, Coke Zero Vanilla!
  • mickymullins
    mickymullins Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ASPARTAME!!
  • whierd
    Options
    Perhaps it ate a hole in your stomach and all your food is now lying about in your abdomen? :laugh:

Seriously though, I've had 2 today and could seriously go for a third. This time, Coke Zero Vanilla!

That would make for excellent food storage! :laugh:

See, I thought you were cool until you wanted Coke Zero Vanilla. Now you're dead to me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    ASPARTAME!!

Oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif
  • DrewMontoya
    DrewMontoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    ASPARTAME!!

...IS FRIGGIN' BRILLIANT!
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    maybe your body/subconscious remembers that that taste used to contain calories and is disappointed at the lack thereof :laugh:
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Since Dr Oz has been mentioned, it is probably safe to say the bubbles in the drink work their way to your stomach and the extra bubblyness of your stomach acid makes your stomach grumble more.

Or if you want my serious opinion - if you were to drink water instead of eating you would probably also feel hungry after an hour if it was food you needed. From experience, if I drink water instead of eating for several hours I start to feel nauseous and if I then don't eat it will get to the point of wanting to vomit but not having anything other than stomach acid to expel (or whatever the clinical term is).

A quick Google test - 41,400,000 results for 'drinking water makes me nauseous'. Probably not all results are for the same reason, but the answer to some of those is probably "try eating something instead".
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Oh, Zuulie. You nut.
    original.jpg
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    ASPARTAME!!

meltdown_zps7f1d5dbb.gif
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options

That would make for excellent food storage! :laugh:

See, I thought you were cool until you wanted Coke Zero Vanilla. Now you're dead to me.

*sniff* That hurts
  • DCruz83
    DCruz83 Posts: 99
    Options
    What is it sweetened with? Aspartame? I dunno for sure, I'm not a big soda fan anymore but all to say that artificial sweeteners, all the so-called diet or sugar free products tend to make me hungry, if not bloated too! Not sure how it all works out in the body but I'm sure it can't be all that good.

But with your hungry issue, isn't Coke Zero supposed to be 0 calories? Just eat then! Or drink water if you need to delay the moment when you'll be eating, it's not very complicated to be honest!
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    There has been a lot on the news lately about diet sodas and their effect on people who drink them.
    Mehmet Oz, MD Follow
    Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answered
    Many people use artificial sweeteners to cut their caloric intake, but the very opposite effect can occur. New research shows that artificial sweeteners stimulate taste receptors that sense sweetness in both the esophagus and stomach. Anticipating energy, the pancreas releases insulin, an important hormone for accumulating body fat. At the same time, chemicals are sent to the brain’s satiety center, which becomes confused as to whether or not the body is actually receiving calories. The result? You feel even hungrier and less full, which can lead to weight gain.

More Answers from Mehmet Oz, MD

basically drink water instead

This
  • Swotie
    Swotie Posts: 3
    Options
    I heard this on "Science Friday" on NPR a few months ago and gave them up then. they make me hungry too. I've wondered for awhile if it's added to my eating too much but I loved my Diet Coke!