Bump :)
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • mikemc620
    mikemc620 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Powerblocks! Get a set and you can basically work every set of muscles with different routines. Best fitness investment I have ever made.

I would agree about the Powerblocks except that I got the basic version a couple years ago that only goes up to 50lbs and you aren't able to expand this set. Other than that it works great. So much easier to use than the similar Boflex dumbbells.
  • justifit
    justifit Posts: 26
    Options
    There is so much you can do. I like the stability ball, hand weights, push ups and glute work and yoga. I am busy working a full time job, teaching fitness classes and taking care of family so I don't always get to the gym. Sometimes I just have to do a quick 30 minute work out at home. Also, there are a ton of DVD's you can do.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I prefer body weight training in the form of power yoga.

You can also friend free workouts on Netflix Instant.

My favorite power yoga DVDs are from Trainer Bob and Jillian Michaels (diss them all you want but their power yoga DVDs are great). :) I got Jillian's for $8 at Target and Bob's online for $5.
  • yogapoli
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. Those prices are great! How long are the videos by Trainer Bob and Jillian Michaels? I've been using the program available on YogaIsle.com. It costs a bit more than the ones you've suggested, but has several videos. Since it's based on the principals of Hatha yoga, it's quite different from Power Yoga, though. It's still a great workout though. It's more geared toward beginners and people who want to move do yoga at home.
  • Blakewc
    Blakewc Posts: 106
    Options
    Surprisingly the over all best work out that will give you the most amazing definition, add muscle mass and strength are workouts that use your body weight only.

Push ups (chest, biceps, triceps) , Seated dips (triceps) Pull ups (back, biceps, triceps) Sit ups (core)

www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/muscle/id/1/muscle/chest

Copy and paste this link and then click (body weight only) You will be amazed by how toned and strong you will get doing body weight only.

It doesn't cost anything and will give you more results then people in the gym lifting barbells thinking they are going to get ripped and strong by only doing that.
  • dakadare
    Options
    You might think this is a bit weird as I'm guessing you're into weights etc., but yoga will strengthen you up, tone you up and give you more flexibility. It's also much safer with less chance of injury.

Have a look over at

http://www.yogastretches.net

And see what you think.

Cheers
  • yogapoli
    Options
    FitnessBlender is a good place to get workout videos online. Buying some bands of different resistances would be a good idea if you don't have room for an adjustable set of dumbbells. For abs workouts, go for the MeanAbs.com program and follow the workout guidelines and meal advice. Hope it all works out for you.
  • Quix82
    Quix82 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like the Bodybeast workouts. All they require is a bench or ball, dumbbells and a chin-up bar.

Another good site is bodbot.com You list the exercise equipment you own and it creates a workout routine/schedule for you.
    Aaaaand, as someone else suggested, calisthenics can do wonders too.
  • JMaxwell52
    Options
    The P90X2 training program is good for the home. There are some training devices to buy but it's not like the heavy stuff like a treadmill or elliptical. It uses the science of muscle integration and you train by keeping your balance.
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    One option which was mentioned earlier in this thread is Body weight training.

Two examples of people before and after body weights training:
    1 - http://bbcom.me/16JhEdD
    2 - http://bbcom.me/rAT3of

Also recommend having a read of the book - You Are Your Own Gym, written by a former navy seal instructor. He explains alot about this technique, nutrition, exercise schedules etc.

Examples of exercises that can be performed with body weight training (Video) - http://bit.ly/Ue9TZf

There are plenty more sites and videos you can find on this type of training online.

Second option would be to buy a set of resistance bands and chin up bar. You can do some great weight training exercises using both. You can buy them fairly cheap now online example - ebay, amazon. Plus they are both travel friendly so you never leave home without them.

Im sure there are more options the MFP community can add. Good luck ;)