The Biggest Loser?

Options
13»

Replies

• ElikaCousland
    ElikaCousland Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've never watched it before, but I know the basic premise. Was over a friends house and it was on so I caught it tonight. Realized my starting weight was higher than 6 of the contestants. I'm not sure if that bums me out or makes me proud for losing it without a TV intervention lol
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I love this show, but I want to see more yelling and crying...
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I love this show, but I want to see more yelling and crying...
    Yeah, Jillian was being WAY too nice. And no one puked on the treadmills. :angry:
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I do try and do squats or push ups or curls during commercials.

Two words:

Deevee Arr. (or, DVR) -- no commercials.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I use to watch it every week drinking a huge dr pepper and pork rinds

*high five* I had Chunky Monkey last night and I usually FF through the parts when the trainers play Therapist.
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I watched part of the first episode of the new season this week. I'm all for losing weight and staying fit but I think that the show sends the wrong message. You need to lose weight over a longer period of time. It has taken me almost two years to lose 210 pounds. At my last annual physical exam, my doctor suggested to go slow. I think losing too much weight too fast causes lots of problems, including sliding back into old bad habits. I have lost weight before (100+ pounds) only to gain it back. Many people on the show slide back into their old bad habits. I want to keep at a healthy weight for the rest of my life. Every day is a challenge for me but the benefits of being a healthy weight far outweigh what I did before when I was over 400 pounds. I didn't exercise and ate way too much. Now, I try to have daily exercise and eat moderate portions with lots of fruits and vegetables. I also have a membership to Planet Fitness which is a big sponsor of the show. For me, I think going slower and moderation is a lot safer and healthier. My mom had bariatric surgery with lots of extra surgeries for skin removal (there goes my inheritance). She also had her gall bladder removed because she didn't eat enough fat. You need some fat in your diet and don't go to extremes. I went slow with my weight loss and have almost no loose skin. I have done mostly walking, swimming, and weight training for exercise which I think help. Studies show that if you lose weight over a longer period of time, you are more likely to keep it off. You need time for your body to adjust to your new metabolism. I don't think I will be watching the other episodes.