150 Calories a Pint ONLY!!!

Options

Replies

• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    This wasn't about beer?!

conan-i-am-disappoint1.jpg

I know some who like it, but I prefer to have a smaller amount of the real stuff.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Or I can just keep fitting in my 270 calorie per serving gelato daily.

^ This.

I tried this Arctic Zone and I really didn't like it. As others have said, it's icy and bland. If I'm going to eat "diet" ice cream it'll be Skinny Cow- I actually truly love the taste of their stuff.
  • krimson_lizzard
    Options
    I make my own :)
  • xvintagepearls
    Options
    It's comments like this that really irk me. Rather than raining on her parade by trying to "trash" her new discovery, how about you do a little bit of research before you post ONE year old articles. Yes, one year ago, it was found that a few of the flavors were over 150 calories per pint, but Arctic Zero has tweaked their formulation slightly and the lab results show that the pints are pretty on point to 150 calories, by a few calories. Here are the results if you don't believe this: http://www.arcticzero.com/EMSL-Results/11.27.2012.pdf. These are proven lab results.

Also, I actually enjoy arctic zero. I am lactose intolerant and while I do eat ice cream and other caloric treats, I end up sick, bloated, and feeling gross. Arctic zero allows me to not feel this way, so for me it's a win win situation. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've tried several of the flavors, they are really icy and kinda weird. In hindsight, I'd rather just save up my calories and eat some real gelato or ice cream.

this. I didn't like it either. want to stay at 150 cals - use ice, zucchini and your protein powder in a blender. that's my "yogurt" at night.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Or I can just keep fitting in my 270 calorie per serving gelato daily.

Haagen Dazs Salted Caramel FTMFW

I'm all about that stracciatella but salted caramel is a close second on my favorite list.

OMG you win. Stracciatella. <3 so much. in every direction!

i'm going to name one of my horse's that one day!

Turkey Hill no sugar added moose tracks.

Eff that fake crap.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    It's comments like this that really irk me. Rather than raining on her parade by trying to "trash" her new discovery, how about you do a little bit of research before you post ONE year old articles. Yes, one year ago, it was found that a few of the flavors were over 150 calories per pint, but Arctic Zero has tweaked their formulation slightly and the lab results show that the pints are pretty on point to 150 calories, by a few calories. Here are the results if you don't believe this: http://www.arcticzero.com/EMSL-Results/11.27.2012.pdf. These are proven lab results.

Also, I actually enjoy arctic zero. I am lactose intolerant and while I do eat ice cream and other caloric treats, I end up sick, bloated, and feeling gross. Arctic zero allows me to not feel this way, so for me it's a win win situation. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.

So if people have tried it and find it gross or otherwise lacking they shouldn't share that? Or want to highlight that the business had some shady *kitten* practices, even if they're fixed now, they should just keep that to themselves? Basically anyone who isn't here to go "Yeah, try it, it's awesome!" shouldn't say anything/

Really? :huh:
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I'm absolutely addicted to their Cookies & Cream flavor.<3
    I don't care if they're more than 150 calories like certain websites suggest, I just log it as 100 more and consider myself safe. Personally, 250 calories for an entire pint isn't bad.
    However, I recently discovered Coconut and Almond milk ice cream, which in my opinion, is even better. And for 100-140 calories per serving, not too bad at all :)
  • ixiHemlock
    ixiHemlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    yes but...is it any good?
  • WendyGr8
    WendyGr8 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well said, i dont think anyone was raining - just expressing their own opinions. Food tastes are varied among people. I did try it - other than the two bites I took when i opened it it is still sitting in my freezer. I didn't like it. I found that it did not satisfy my desire for ice cream & was not worth the calories. I need to remember to go throw that away.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    From all the bad reviews will never try this and will stick to Talenti or Breyers.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    From all the bad reviews will never try this and will stick to Talenti or Breyers.

Personally, if I can't enjoy what I'm eating (in this case, ice cream), any calories I "save" are wasted anyway. So I'd rather just eat the good stuff.

One of the advantages in tracking my calories is that I now eat many more treats. I recently realized that Breyers has changed many (most?) of their line from ice cream to "frozen dairy dessert." This was rather disappointing, since I have fond childhood memories of the brand.

I decided to give their light, air-whipped version a try, and decided it wasn't for me. According to spokesmen for the company, the changes are in response to consumer demand (ice cream wasn't smooth enough?), which, once again, reveals that my preferences are in the minority.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

Personally, if I can't enjoy what I'm eating (in this case, ice cream), any calories I "save" are wasted anyway. So I'd rather just eat the good stuff.

One of the advantages in tracking my calories is that I now eat many more treats. I recently realized that Breyers has changed many (most?) of their line from ice cream to "frozen dairy dessert." This was rather disappointing, since I have fond childhood memories of the brand.

I decided to give their light, air-whipped version a try, and decided it wasn't for me. According to spokesmen for the company, the changes are in response to consumer demand (ice cream wasn't smooth enough?), which, once again, reveals that my preferences are in the minority.

My favorite from Breyers is the Chocolate Fudge Brownie since it reminds me of the Dairy Queen Blizzard & is less calories. Talenti is my favorite, but can be a little more pricier. When I go food shopping I might check out a few of the Haagen Daas flavors.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    I look at it from a different angle... its less and one eighth of the calories of my favorite Chubby Hubby, so, if its an eigth as good, its worth it. I tasted it before and its definitely not my favorite, but, I keep some on hand incase I get lost of a drunk binge or something. Arctic Zero is my damage control.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I look at it from a different angle... its less and one eighth of the calories of my favorite Chubby Hubby, so, if its an eigth as good, its worth it. I tasted it before and its definitely not my favorite, but, I keep some on hand incase I get lost of a drunk binge or something. Arctic Zero is my damage control.

Yeah, I hear where you're coming from. My favorite is actually B&J's NY Super Fudge Chunk, but I can literally fit in twice as much "regular" ice cream for the same calories (I could always eat less than a pint at a time, but where's the fun in that?). So, currently, I can fit in the regular stuff, so I'm able to avoid the (non-ice cream) other stuff.

In a couple of weeks, however, it shouldn't matter, and I'll be back on the B&J's wagon!
  • swhiteism
    swhiteism Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't get comments like "No thanks...I'll stick to *some other kind of ice cream* instead". If that's the case...BYE! Why bother commenting at all unless you've actually tried it or are interested in trying it? My goodness.

ANYWAY. I have tried the chocolate and strawberry flavors and they were disgusting and not worth even the 150 calories for me. The 85 calorie bars were even worse.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    It tastes like crap.
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'll stick with my delicious, amazing, full fat and calorie ice cream any day... IIFYM!

This^^^ I am happily eating my ice-cream, pizza, Nando's, Full fat cheese..... IIFYM! I don't need low calorie...unless of course it tastes amazing, then I will just eat it for the flavour!
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Man I thought this was about beer... :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

this