What did you want to be when you grew up???

Options

Replies

• kahdxoom
    kahdxoom Posts: 129
    Options
    a ninja, duh

;o)

(lol)
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Seriously...
    shaft.jpg

I would also have accepted,
    bruce_lee_childhood_photos-%257B1%257D.jpg

Life is not without it's disappointment.
  • kahdxoom
    kahdxoom Posts: 129
    Options
    Seriously, I really wanted to be a Nat Geo Photographer. All those exciting, exotic locations....cool job.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a runway model, then a make up artist. My dad said I was being unrealistic and said I needed to get a degree. So now I'm an analyst supporting DOD
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What a fun thread! I wanted to be a dancer...of any kind. I also had kids young and got married and that all changed my directions. BUT...having my kids so young means they are out of the house now (mostly) and I started taking zumba at my local gym a few years ago and it's similar enough that it fulfills that part of me that longed for that. I will be getting licensed as a zumba instructor in 2 weeks....YAY! :drinker:
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    It changed a lot. I wanted to be a ballerina, a singer, a vet, a photographer, a writer, an astronomer, a biologist, etc. I still have that same kind of mindset, so I settled on becoming a therapist. I'm still getting my degree in psychology.
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Spider-Man. Always wanted to be Spider-Man. Not there yet. When i was in my late teens, i figured i'd want to be a teacher because i thought they did something important and had a good influence on my life. Ended up working in finance & insurance instead (behind the scenes) for a long time. Also "worked" on the side as a musician in various bands (by worked i mean played a lot, toured, recorded but didn't make much money). Then in my late thirties circumstances allowed me to go back to school, managed to get on the list & now i've been a supply teacher for 3 1/2 years. If you're lucky (and you work hard), it's never too late.

Still secretly hoping for Spider-Man, though.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be:

An artist: My dad said I would starve.
    A mortician: My mom swore that she would disown me
    A scientist or astronomer: that wasn't very focused, so nothing came of it...I just love science. haha
    A famous kickboxer:...I had no idea how to make it happen, so I took a lot of martial arts classes instead.

What do I do now?

Graphic design and photo restoration,but I'm in school for medical coding and billing. I still want to be a kickboxer "when I grow up". :laugh:
  • j0j0ba
    j0j0ba Posts: 66
    Options
    i wanted to be miss world!
    then a fashion designer.. then an architect..

then i tried modelling, tried to join the armed forces several times, used my art portfolio to get in college and ended up doing business admin and management, give up everything when i fell in lurve got engaged etc. had 4 babies within 5 years and became a full time mother and carer.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Whierd.

There can be only one. Sucks. :(

Oh my gosh, that is so cute.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a Dr.

Currently I'm an office administrator/inside sales person for a metal roofing manufacturer, but I'm working towards a math/physics degree. I haven't quite decided which direction I want to go.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I didn't really figure that out until my late teens and my girlfriend at the time said I really should be a pawn star. It was during a moment I was kind of out of breath and I realize now that I might have misunderstood her:ohwell:
  • comrade_questions
    comrade_questions Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Steven King. Now I'm in the Air Force.
  • what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a layer as a kid as I am good in arguing LOL... As I grew up, realizing how corrupted my country is, plus I am pretty bad at my national language. And now I am IT profession for almost 2 years.
  • Clameater
    Clameater Posts: 317
    Options
    A drug King Pin
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Mafia hitman, Spy, or Shirley Temple.
  • brittanysmith513
    brittanysmith513 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be Baby Spice of the Spice Girls when I grew up lol.
    But since I was 10, I've dreamed of being a published author. I still dream of that, but I think it's kind of not logical with the recession so I'm currently in college for my second passion in life, animals! I plan to spend my life rescuing large mammals, primarily elephants.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Marine biologist .. I love science and sea critters..... Ended up with a nursing degree .. I like the science part of it, hate all the politics. I think a job I'd LOVE to have and wouldn't consider a "job" is a pro makeup artist ... That's my artsy side !
  • Rogsman
    Rogsman Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wise.

Despite all my smarts, it's my wife that has the wisdom in the family.

Wanted to be a scientist, but settled on programming guru and part time star gazing.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be Baby Spice of the Spice Girls when I grew up lol.
    But since I was 10, I've dreamed of being a published author. I still dream of that, but I think it's kind of not logical with the recession so I'm currently in college for my second passion in life, animals! I plan to spend my life rescuing large mammals, primarily elephants.

Self publish online as an ebook!