KettleBell Workouts!

Options
2»

Replies

• MBgirl17
    Options
    I loooove my Kettlebell!!! I have the Firm Kettlebell workout and it has a 5lb kettlebell. It really gets your heart rate up and you sweat from head to toe. I have introduced it to a few of my friends and they are gonna get it for themselves too.
  • MyaA
    MyaA Posts: 87
    Options
    i use the kettle worx series as well ... i had tried them last year and by themselves found that they didn't do much for me and abandoned them ( but i do krav maga so i do alot of squatting and stuff normally)...i started them over this month in conjunction with 30 - 60 minutes cardio and find that they are making me feel stronger this time around...i find though that they don't comment enough on form so i'd say if you're not used to these exercises from before to be careful!
  • MyaA
    MyaA Posts: 87
    Options
    *deleted - computer went wonky and posted twice*
  • RebeccaKate29
    RebeccaKate29 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump~
  • Rissa1428
    Options
    I have been wanting to get a kettleball and this thread just sealed the deal :happy:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I would recommend an adjustable one :)

edit: I did a vid but it is pretty crappy and 53mb so don't think I should upload it from work :P
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Bump!
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I would recommend an adjustable one :)

edit: I did a vid but it is pretty crappy and 53mb so don't think I should upload it from work :P

You're too much! :) Ok, upload it from home then lol!!
  • jrobertson37
    jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am hooked and I wished I had known about this along time ago!! But anyway I started with a 5lb now im doing 15lb and let me tell you that workout is something else. Between this and walking I should be able to reach my goal. Man your sweating in the first five minutes and when I do the two arm swing my heart feels like its about to pop out of my chest. But I truly luv this workout and I like the fact that I do not have to spend and entire hour trying to burn 300 cals.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Thanks MzBug,

I do notice that, to a certain degree...you have to really listen to her and be sure you're adjusting your body correctly. But that goes with anyone's workout regimen really. And when you do videos at home, you're always on your own to try to really fix your bosy positioning. :) I still love it, and am getting better with my form everyday! :)

I agree. Her form is bad and if you are new to kettlebells then be careful. I just tried her Shred It this week for the first time. I have a 25# kettlebell so I am swinging a LOT more weight than her little 8#'er. :laugh: I like the Art of Strength DVD's also.
  • jrobertson37
    jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey Jessmomof3 when your doing your kettlebell do you have an HRM? If so how many cals does it say you burn using a 25lb? And by the way hats off to you!!! I just graduated to 15lbs and I swear my whole body hurts!!. Im just curious, I cannot afford to get an HRM and i weigh 156 and swing my 15lb and do other KB exercises for a good 45 minutes. I do not trust what it says here, thats way to many cals burned in my mind so i just say i burned 400. I could be off but at the end of the day my body will show me with results and so far so good, my back fat is already gone!!!:smile:
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    I live by kettlebell workouts. The gym I go to is called punch gym and its a 30 min pure kettlebell routine complete with ropes, sledgehammers, and other crazy things.. I lost 49 lbs doing it 5-6 x a week... I am actually soon becoming an instructor at my gym!

Its such an amazing toning and cardio workout, you work every muscle! So glad to hear someone loves it as much as me!

im looking at this gyms website WISHING the town in ma that is' in was closer to me :[

looks awesome!!!
  • GoodBye_Fatty
    GoodBye_Fatty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the response everyone!! Didnt know Jillian Michael's had a KettleBell workout! That woman is something else...looks like I will be getting that DVD as well!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    New one I just got in email.

Bent Press

http://www.kettlebellsforcombat.com/BentPress.html
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that swears by her kettlebell work outs at home. She posted the link below to a few crossfit kettlebell training videos.

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html#KBs

I'm thinking of trying this. Any other suggestions for a first time user?

Katie
  • clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Kettle bells are great. I use Kettle Worx and mix that up with Jillian Michael kettle bell work . It sure knocks off the inches. Has anyone found out how many calories burn per minute?
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    too many variables to say an exact number IMO.
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    definately going to try some of these workouts...thanks!