Any successes today?

Options

Replies

• jillybean_75
    jillybean_75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Went day 3 without any soda (diet soda was my nemesis). Notice the "was".
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    I have logging in 20 days in a row.. normally i'd quit by now!
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    As of today I have lost 60lbs, which means I am officially halfway in my journey!! x
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    wanted to eat 2 chocolate bars and only eat 1

omg Im so awesome....didnt happen the last 5 million years...chocoholic
  • brittvondiesel
    Options
    I got up at 4:45 and did Level 1, Day 2 of 30 Day shred. This is a success to me, because it took 15 minutes to talk myself into staying up and doing the workout and because my whole body was sore from yesterdays workout, but I pressed on! Working out in general is a huge accomplishment this week, as I've been working over 60 hours a week since July and haven't been to the gym in over a month.

One day at a time!
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Fitted in to a size 14 pair of trousers today ( uk ) started at a size 22/24 in June !!
  • cootason
    cootason Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Pushed myself to a new level today in spin class, increasing my strength and really got to talk to some people that were inspired by my commitment to the gym asking me how I do it :) was a wonderful day.
  • StuKP
    StuKP Posts: 14
    Options
    Hit my 60lbs lost mark today :-D.
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    Day 3 of no soda and did not eat one cookie out of the bag of cookies I made 2 days ago.
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I officially weighed in yesterday under 300 lbs (297) and then my trainer had me on the hip sled machine. She upped my weight and I pressed 320 lbs. For the first time I'm lifting weights that are heavier than I am and it feels awesome. It totally felt like that scene in Unbreakable when Bruce Willis discovers he can lift heavier and heavier weight. That was totally me last night!
  • mkmitch3
    mkmitch3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Joined up here in September and have lost over 10 lbs since and prior to that almost 20 more this year. I am 64 y/o retired and have an inherited heart disease that was diagnosed in 1997. Last year I was rejected for a heart implant because of peripheral artery disease. Doctors told me to not worry about annual physicals any more LOL. I am out of options as they can't bypass any more arteries in the heart nor can they do any more stents. Earlier in the year I couldn't walk out to the mailbox without severe angina.

I fired my doctors (acutally got a different cardiologist with a better attitude), changed my attitude from saying goodbye whirlwind trip to going out on my shield like a Spartan. In the past 30 days have ran 75.8 miles on the treadmill, lost the ten lbs and have taken only a handful of nitro pills. In 5 weeks I am traveling with my wife to Las Vegas to meet up with 3 of are kids to celebrate family. Oh yeah my wife gets to see Michael Buble, damn expensive for 7 people LMAO, but well worth it.

Hopefully by the end of March I will have accomplished my diet goal and be able to tee up the golf ball for the first time since the OJ slow chase on the Interstate (20 years ago).
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I did not binge yesterday and got off to a good start today!! Proud of myself. :happy:
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Almost 1 month now since I found out I was pregnant. Goal is to keep the weight gain under control, and since I am actually over weight the doctor says it is releastic to set my goal of not gaining back more than I have lost (18lbs) and as of this morning's weigh in, I have gained exactly 1lb now.
  • christianladybug
    christianladybug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Got up this morning and did 20 minutes of Zumba....fought the urge to go back to bed. I have a three mile walk planned for this evening. Gotta keep moving to keep losing.
  • pcaakes
    pcaakes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Love-love-love to hear that your taking such positive step and MOVING! Take it easy so that injury doesnt set you back. I've been there and done that!

Exercise improves mood

Need an emotional lift? Or need to blow off some steam after a stressful day? A workout at the gym or a brisk 30-minute walk can help. Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier and more relaxed. You may also feel better about your appearance and yourself when you exercise regularly, which can boost your confidence and improve your self-esteem.
  • pcaakes
    Options
    HUGE success, I cant help but to think that your going down the right road. Remember small successes = big success. Give yourself a pat on the back each day you wake up and face your demons head on.

Exercise combats health conditions and diseases

Worried about heart disease? Hoping to prevent high blood pressure? No matter what your current weight, being active boosts high-density lipoprotein (HDL), or "good," cholesterol and decreases unhealthy triglycerides. This one-two punch keeps your blood flowing smoothly, which decreases your risk of cardiovascular diseases. In fact, regular physical activity can help you prevent or manage a wide range of health problems and concerns, including stroke, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, depression, certain types of cancer, arthritis and falls.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    This thread needs to run every day!
  • pcaakes
    Options
    Something profound to even just say those words. It's reality, food is our best friend and our worst enemy. Keep tracking your food and weighing yourself throughout the week! You are of encouragement to me.

A lapse is a temporary and small slip in your weight loss efforts.

A relapse is a return to previous eating and activity habits and is
    associated with significant weight regain.

In order to avoid or effectively deal with lapses, it is important to
    identify situations that might be high-risk, and prepare a plan to deal
    with those situations.
  • pcaakes
    Options
    297 BIG YEAH. I hope you are doing your happy dance. It sounds like you are very committed to this journey. I know alot of people struggle with getting into the gym because they are afraid of being judged however it sounds like you are not letting that be an obstacle for you.

For many people, the “new” thinking that supports lifestyle change is characterized by honest self-awareness, personal responsibility for behavior change, a willingness and openness to figuring out what works for them, and persistence.
  • pcaakes
    Options
    Pretty soon two people will be able to fit into that old pair of 22/24 pants because your shhhhrinking! S U C C E S S
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!