Coffee Help

Options
I am a coffee addict! I currently use fat free french vanilla creamer and I use rather a lot to make it taste the way I want it. But I am noticing this is killing my sugar intake. I don't like the taste of the sugar free creamer.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I don't track my sugar. Unless there's a medical reason to do so, don't track it. If you're eating at a deficit, going over your sugar isn't going to hurt your weight loss.
  • Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me but I don't really consider my sugar intake, I just watch calories. Using two TBSP of Sweet Cream in the morning only costs me 70 calories. And are most of your other daily sugars natural or added?
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about my sugar intake and like you, I love my coffee! As long as I stay within my calorie goal, the amount of daily sugar doesn't seem to matter to my weight loss.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I just drink my coffee black. Helps to use quality fresh ground beans. Yeah it would taste better with creamer/sugar/etc added, but that stuff is just empty calories that I don't need/want.
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    what about less creamer and add splenda until you get the taste you want?
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee too. And I'm experimenting with eating Paleo which means no dairy and no sugar. I didn't think I could drink my coffee black but I CAN and I still LOVE it.
  • stevekoo
    stevekoo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black, as well. The calories from creamer & sugar is killing your diet. Just remember, ~3,500 calories=1lb
  • EricRazorbacks
    EricRazorbacks Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This is a long shot, but maybe try less bitter coffee and/or brew it weaker. Then, maybe you can use less creamer and still get that flavor you like. Or, maybe it will just taste like creamy water.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about sugar but how does all that fit into your calorie budget? Those creamers add a lot of calories. I often look at food the same way I do money. I ask myself if the reward from eating that is worth the debt that it causes and what else could I have instead that wouldn't cost as much.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I don't track my sugar. Unless there's a medical reason to do so, don't track it. If you're eating at a deficit, going over your sugar isn't going to hurt your weight loss.

This for me! I'm also a coffee addict and have no intentions of giving it up so I allow for the calories and dont track my sugar (deleted it from my macros).
  • TammyGKRN
    Options
    If you can't do without your coffee try using it to make your morning protein shake. Use vanilla bean protein powder and almond milk. It is yummy!! If you just want coffee use stevia and almond milk. The coffee creamers are horrible for anyone trying to maintain healthy lifestyle! They just don't fit into them!!
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I just use cream- it's sweet enough for me for coffee. You could try adding a 1/4 tsp vanilla extract to get the flavour you want. Cream has natural sugar so there will still be a number but at least its not processed sugar.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    You could use Stevia or Agave to sweeten it if you want. Try to stay away from artificial sweeteners- all those carcinogens :|
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    instead of french vanilla creamer, try french vanilla coffee, and a teaspoon of sugar - that's only 4g. Plus a TB of half and half is only 30 cals. might work, definitely a better option than the flavored creamer ...
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    If you can't do without your coffee try using it to make your morning protein shake. Use vanilla bean protein powder and almond milk. It is yummy!! If you just want coffee use stevia and almond milk. The coffee creamers are horrible for anyone trying to maintain healthy lifestyle! They just don't fit into them!!

If you try this- mixing most protein powders with hot stuff doesn't work :( Get's clumpy and gross. I've been meaning to try mixing the powder with the cold creamer/milk/whatever and then adding the hot coffee. Apparently it doesn't clump that way... but haven't gotten around to trying it yet.
  • ramsx1991
    ramsx1991 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to my sugar intake whatsoever, I am pretty sure I have gone over every single day for months.

If you are worried, you can get flavored coffee and then just add regular cream, or milk? I think I have seen french vanilla flavored coffee beans.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I use a teaspoon of sugar, which allows me to use half as much flavored creamer. I don't worry about my sugar intake specifically and a little actual sugar sweetens it so that I can cut back the creamer and have less calories overall per cup.
  • buxfan
    buxfan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Coffee addict here - I like my coffee blonde and sweet!! I've found that 1.5 ounces of Premier Protien vanilla ready-to-drink is awesome in my coffee. It gives it the right color, the right sweetness and is only 18 calories with no fat and no sugars plus I get 3 grams of protein with it - WIN/WIN!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Torani naturally flavored sugar free vanilla? You did mention that you don't like the taste of sugar free stuff, I find I really like it. I'll use powdered creamer, but only a little. There are different flavors that are really good as well.
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I went black. There's no sense trying to just cut back. I went black for my daily coffee drinking. After dinner, I use my creamer. That's my dessert.