Coffee Help

Options
2»

Replies

• fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black, as well. The calories from creamer & sugar is killing your diet. Just remember, ~3,500 calories=1lb

I doubt "killing" is right.

I weaned myself down to one tbls -- 20-35 cals.
  • charycedm1
    charycedm1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea and love the sugar. I now replace the sugar with stevia and am very pleased with no calories.
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    unsweetened vanilla almond milk. 30 cal for one cup, I use a little less than a quarter cup in my huge mug, and a dash a splenda. Sometimes a little pumpkin spice mixed in. Yummers!
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I am a coffee addict! I currently use fat free french vanilla creamer and I use rather a lot to make it taste the way I want it. But I am noticing this is killing my sugar intake. I don't like the taste of the sugar free creamer.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

Is it possible that you are addicted to the sugar and not the coffee ? When coffee creamer first came out ( decades ago ) I used a lot of it for quite a while and started drinking much more coffee ( about 15 cups a day ). When I quit the creamer I also drank less coffee and now years later drink four cups a day, black, no sugar or additional flavors...yay !
    I have not looked at coffee creamer for a very long time and would be concerned, especially if it had HFCS and other modified sugars. I am not into too much sugar ( and I don't care what anyone else says ) unless it's from fruit, because I get more bang for by calorie buck with other foods, which means I am not going to waste it just on sugar.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    get sugar free....?
  • carolstartingover
    carolstartingover Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Unless I become diabetic, I won't worry about sugar intake. unless all my calories go to it.
  • N3RD0V571CK
    N3RD0V571CK Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Use regular (or fat Free) coffee mate creamer and add vanilla syrup. Much cheaper on calories
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I too am a coffee addict. I cut back on how much sugar I use. I buy packets of raw sugar and use half in each mug of coffee. It takes that bitter after taste off. It takes a little getting used to, but it does work.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am a coffee addict! I currently use fat free french vanilla creamer and I use rather a lot to make it taste the way I want it. But I am noticing this is killing my sugar intake. I don't like the taste of the sugar free creamer.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have started using the powdered flavored creamer and have found I like the sugar free flavors offered there..however, I don't really pay attention to my sugars, just my calories and I have been losing steadily. I would say try some different combos until you find what works for you. If you end up sticking with what you have now, try limiting the amount of coffee you let yourself have every day. Best of luck!
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    MMMM COFFEE!!!!! I take mine black with sweet n low. On occasion I may mix in a tablespoonful of international delight French vanilla 35 calories but most days I just take it black.
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My sibs and I joke that we were weaned on caffeine. But it is really no joke, We spend thousands of dollars a year on coffee or tea or things of that ilk.

I do not track my coffee at all, mainly because I drink at least a pot a day. Unless I have a leaded latte, but most of them are unleaded (fat-free, sugar-free) so I don't count them.
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    I stopped using sugar years ago and switched to 1/2 n 1/2. It's sweet enough that I don't miss the sugar. I rarely shoot past my fat grams for the day b/c I eat very low protein meat. MOST of the time.:bigsmile:
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I cut out coffee so that when I did drink I would not have that recent flavor to compare with the new version. I also drink flavored coffee so that I do not have to add as much of creamer. (1 tbs) In addition I use sugar free flavorings (2 teaspoons). .
  • GetFitWithMel80
    GetFitWithMel80 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you guys for all your help! I will try several of these suggestions to see which one works best for me! :)