3 Day Diet, Lose 10 lbs

Options

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    this diet will work, thats also why it is called the Army diet, for the armed forces:smile::wink:

Except there's not an Army in the world that uses it......it's called the Army diet to make stupidity sound patriotic.:huh: :huh:
  • eightpock
    Options
    Just came off this diet about a week ago. Went from 188 to 183. While it wasn't 10 pounds, I only did it for 3 days and then continued by 1,610 daily intake with Myfitnesspal, that said, it was loss which I had not seen in months.

I am using myfitnesspal and current calorie intake is 1,610 + several jogs a week of at least 4 miles and I am not losing anything =X

I tried this diet as a last resort having seen no loss with a "goal deadline" quickly approaching and it worked for me.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just came off this diet about a week ago. Went from 188 to 183. While it wasn't 10 pounds, I only did it for 3 days and then continued by 1,610 daily intake with Myfitnesspal, that said, it was loss which I had not seen in months.

I am using myfitnesspal and current calorie intake is 1,610 + several jogs a week of at least 4 miles and I am not losing anything =X

I tried this diet as a last resort having seen no loss with a "goal deadline" quickly approaching and it worked for me.

That's the only possible exception I can think of for this approach...a "goal deadline" where the benefit of hitting that goal exceeds the cost of this "diet".

But if there is no "deadline"? This diet is a very bad idea and will provide no long-term benefit whatsoever.
  • eightpock
    Options

That's the only possible exception I can think of for this approach...a "goal deadline" where the benefit of hitting that goal exceeds the cost of this "diet".

But if there is no "deadline"? This diet is a very bad idea and will provide no long-term benefit whatsoever.

Indeed. I doubt this diet is sustainable over the long-term. I lost nearly 72 pounds without doing anything but logging food and exercising, I did struggle with this diet, but it was effective.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    This is why I am glad there are message boards out there, to see REAL reasons or results from this. I've been slacking on my logging, but I've been watching what I eat & hitting the treadmill pretty regularly, even if it IS just for walking, & I've lost 10 lbs this past month. I'm OK with that.

BUT, I'm having a breast reduction (FINALLY) in 2 1/2 weeks. I know I'll recover better if I can get a significant amount of weight off beforehand. So, that said, with 3 weekends before my surgery, I'm doing this for the next 3 weeks. I have my 4 days "off" planned out ahead, so there won't be any binge eating or poor food choices to put it back on. And once the surgery is past, then I can continue my healthy eating from before that lost me the 10 lbs.

These things are intended for SHORT term. Honestly before surgery, or perhaps a deadline of sorts to look good for a particular event. NOT as a way of life, a kick start only at most.
  • kourtneyb1993
    Options
    This is a chemical diet, also known as the 3day military diet.
  • shandua
    Options
    The Military Diet--I tried it, lost 6 lbs in 3 days--had headaches all 3 days--was so hungry at the end of the 3rd day that I binged and gained all of the weight back, plus an additional 5 lbs. Just eating healthier and exercising is always the better option:)
  • AFJess86
    AFJess86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fascinating that there are people out there that think this could be or is a long term diet. Get real This is just a quick start to help you get on to your start of a better and healthy lifestyle. Not a LONG TERM ORDEAL!! its not easy obviously and you gotta continue and research on how to get to a healthier you! Obviously healthy food choices and excercise are going to get you where you want to be and the motivation as well! So dont think this is a forever fix!
  • shellymascher
    Options
    I did it and it worked. Of course i gained it back. I just wanted to see if i could do it and i did. Its supposed to be 3 on then 4 oof then repeat forever i guess. I just did the one time and i did lose 10 pounds.
  • ElliHurdle
    Options
    I tried the diet and actually did well on it! Grant-it, I did NOT lose 10 lbs, but that's okay, because my goal was only 3 lbs, and I lost 4. It is possible to keep the weight off if you keep to a healthy diet after that. With this diet you eat those specific foods for 3 days, healthy diet for 4 days, and then you can go back on. It can be done consistently or you can do it to get a boost on a new diet. Really, if you can outlast the 3 days, then eating healthy and healthy portions is easy! What the diet does is help to curb some of those cravings for sweets and high fat foods. From my personal results, I think that if you really want to lose 10 lbs in 3 days you're going to have to do some SERIOUS cardio...I power walk twice a day for a total of 1.5 hours, and that was not enough to lose 10 lbs. But! I let myself go over the last week due to some stress eating, so I'm back on Day 1! If anyone wants to join me, I could use a buddy!!:happy:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I tried the diet and actually did well on it! Grant-it, I did NOT lose 10 lbs, but that's okay, because my goal was only 3 lbs, and I lost 4. It is possible to keep the weight off if you keep to a healthy diet after that. With this diet you eat those specific foods for 3 days, healthy diet for 4 days, and then you can go back on. It can be done consistently or you can do it to get a boost on a new diet. Really, if you can outlast the 3 days, then eating healthy and healthy portions is easy! What the diet does is help to curb some of those cravings for sweets and high fat foods. From my personal results, I think that if you really want to lose 10 lbs in 3 days you're going to have to do some SERIOUS cardio...I power walk twice a day for a total of 1.5 hours, and that was not enough to lose 10 lbs. But! I let myself go over the last week due to some stress eating, so I'm back on Day 1! If anyone wants to join me, I could use a buddy!!:happy:

There is ZERO measurable fat loss on this diet. ZERO. Any scale weight is "water" weight. Period. End of story. Any long-term success after it is the result of a caloric deficit over a sufficient period of time to lose fat, but it isn't this diet that causes that. This diet manipulates a number on a scale that has no meaningful impact whatsoever.

The "trick" to maintaining meaningful loss is a calorie deficit over time. Period.

What you're calling "stress eating" where you regained is likely your body's natural reaction to too large of a calorie deficit...and the weight you inevitably regain after this diet isn't regained fat, but replenished glycogen stores (aka "water" weight).

*sigh*

Don't mind me. I'm just hangry from my second week of a ~600 calorie daily deficit of a two month cut...(during which I expect to actually lose some fat).
  • charliejenny
    charliejenny Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

There is ZERO measurable fat loss on this diet. ZERO. Any scale weight is "water" weight. Period. End of story. Any long-term success after it is the result of a caloric deficit over a sufficient period of time to lose fat, but it isn't this diet that causes that. This diet manipulates a number on a scale that has no meaningful impact whatsoever.

The "trick" to maintaining meaningful loss is a calorie deficit over time. Period.

What you're calling "stress eating" where you regained is likely your body's natural reaction to too large of a calorie deficit...and the weight you inevitably regain after this diet isn't regained fat, but replenished glycogen stores (aka "water" weight).

*sigh*

Don't mind me. I'm just hangry from my second week of a ~600 calorie daily deficit of a two month cut...(during which I expect to actually lose some fat).

Thanks to the bump, reread my post from last month. Ah, yes, my second week this cut. So young...so naive.

*ahem*

So anyhow, I'm down another 6 pounds for a total of 12 pounds in almost two months w/ an average loss of 1.5#/week (although recently bumped up calories a little as I was losing too quickly so recent rate is closer to 1#/week.) Sure, it isn't sexy like 10 pounds in 3 days, but it's (mostly) actual fat loss, and it's entirely sustainable.

TL;DR - I stand behind everything I said in my quoted post. Just thought I'd take this opportunity to give a quick update on what a more reasonable approach looks like (even though it is arguably a little ambitious too).
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    3 Day Diet, Lose 10 lbs, then gain it all back again.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    3 Day Diet, Lose 10 lbs, then gain it all back again.

Repeat as needed?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Why bump this?

Interesting to note that the OP, after 2+ years, still has not made goal weight.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    I have been this diet before and it works. I am on it now this is my second week and I have lost 10lb. working on the next 10lb. but when you get off you have to workout and get better than you did before or like all diets you are going to gain it back plus some. I learned about this diet at work at the hospital, if they needed people to lose weight fast to do a operation they would do this diet and it worked so I tried it. a diet only works if you want to lose the weight and workout. but each their own.

orrrrrrrr you could just eat at a deficit and exercise from the get-go...ya know......the smart way.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    867733d1373391202-gravity-fsx-1-0-bikesdirect-com-40346d1374446638-job-offer-zombie_thread.jpg
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    It's frightening someone actually searched for this and bumped it... likely b/c they want to try it despite all pleas not to bother.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    LMFAO like ~magic~

Imagine the Ad: "When a calorie deficit just won't do, take the magic wand out, eat ONLY these specific foods and you will lose 10 pounds in 3 days, a caloric deficit of 35000! Abracadabra!"

Sounds legit.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

giphy.gif
    magic%20gif.gif