Any successes today?

Options

Replies

• DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Did a 4 mile run today in 46 minutes (the time it normally takes me to run/walk a 3 mile route)

The success was.... for the first time in my entire life...

I ran for 3 miles none stop :D

Its not a lot to some people.. but I'm absolutely astounded and proud of the accomplishment... bring on the next 3 mile!!! :D

THAT IS AWESOME.....I CAN'T DO IT AND I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT!!!!
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    Ran a mile straight for the third time, shaved about 10 seconds off my previous time. It's not a fluke, I can actually run for a mile and not feel like I'm going to die afterwards! lol yay!
    GOOD JOB!!!
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Down a pound!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Got up at 4:50 a.m. to lift weights. Sure didn't feel like it when my alarm went off :sad:
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I did cardio today .. and I pedaled at over 100 rpm for over 30 min. Over 9 miles in total and averaged over 18 mph.

I actually love having to clean off the stationary bike after I sweat all over it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I not only fit into a pair of pants that didn't fit 6 weeks ago but I also got into them without unzipping them. I had them on before I even remembered they zip in the side. Bye bye baby hips. I love the kids, but the hips can go.
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    - binge-free for 10 days and counting (for reference, my prior best for the last 3 years has been 5 days)
    - running without pain is possible again (also hasn't happened in the last year)
    - under 70kg as of this morning (almost 9kg lost!!)
    I love the binge free for 10 days....it's impossible for me to skip the weekend without bingeing..... so maybe I can say I have been binge free for 4 days and COUNTING....I WILL MAKE IT WITHOUT BINGEING THIS WEEKEND!!!
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    I got up at 4:45 and did Level 1, Day 2 of 30 Day shred. This is a success to me, because it took 15 minutes to talk myself into staying up and doing the workout and because my whole body was sore from yesterdays workout, but I pressed on! Working out in general is a huge accomplishment this week, as I've been working over 60 hours a week since July and haven't been to the gym in over a month.

One day at a time!
    that is awesome cause I just cannot workout in the mornings!!!!
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    This thread needs to run every day!
    THAT'S WHAT I SAID :happy:
    LOVE IT :love:
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    My successes for today: I was in the mindset of eating out and not exercising this evening but guess what.....I DID exercise and I DIDN'T go out to eat instead I cooked a very healthy meal!! Made myself pretty happy!!!

I love this thread....VERY motivational and inspirational!!!

LET'S KEEP IT GOING!!!
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    Didnt go to the gym at all this week... Need motivation:yawn:
    GO TOMORROW!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
  • pcaakes
    pcaakes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle changes for weight management involves an on-going self-review process. This means “looking back” (at old habits or ways of thinking) and “looking forward” (to new approaches for lifestyle change).

For many people, the “new” thinking is characterized by honest self-awareness, personal responsibility for behavior change, a willingness and openness to figuring out what works, and persistence in the face of lapses!

Examples:

Old Thinking:

Keeping track of my food intake won’t help me lose weight – my eating habits are healthy enough.

New Thinking:

Keeping track of my intake allows me to know exactly how much I am eating and helps me prevent overeating.

Old Thinking....Looking for the Magic Cure:

I am going to keep trying diet pills until I find one that works for me.

New Thinking:

By slowly lowering my caloric intake and making physical activity part of my daily routine, I can lose weight at a safe rate of one to two pounds per week.

Old Thinking:

I’d like to eat healthier, but my kids wouldn’t eat healthy foods.

New Thinking:

My family’s health is important, so I made the decision to make healthier choices for the entire family. Even if they don’t always like it they’ll thank me later!
  • kelso830
    kelso830 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself in four weeks... weighed in this morning and am down 7 pounds!! :)
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Yes, am finally noticing changes to my body and not just my face! YAY!

OJNiIBi.jpg
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Im walking 90 minutes to campus with my puppy because I can't think of a good reason to leave him alone while I take the bus! And then another 90 min home. All the walking, just to pick up some assignments to grade. Then off to hot yoga, which is another 30 minute walk each way! I hope that counts as enough exercise for today :) Im not going to feel like running or lifting by the time I get home.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle changes for weight management involves an on-going self-review process. This means “looking back” (at old habits or ways of thinking) and “looking forward” (to new approaches for lifestyle change).

For many people, the “new” thinking is characterized by honest self-awareness, personal responsibility for behavior change, a willingness and openness to figuring out what works, and persistence in the face of lapses!

Examples:

Old Thinking:

Keeping track of my food intake won’t help me lose weight – my eating habits are healthy enough.

New Thinking:

Keeping track of my intake allows me to know exactly how much I am eating and helps me prevent overeating.

Old Thinking....Looking for the Magic Cure:

I am going to keep trying diet pills until I find one that works for me.

New Thinking:

By slowly lowering my caloric intake and making physical activity part of my daily routine, I can lose weight at a safe rate of one to two pounds per week.

Old Thinking:

I’d like to eat healthier, but my kids wouldn’t eat healthy foods.

New Thinking:

My family’s health is important, so I made the decision to make healthier choices for the entire family. Even if they don’t always like it they’ll thank me later!

BRILLIANT!!!!
  • SassyClassyandALittleBadAssy
    Options
    Love this :drinker:

Today's successes...
    - Pants that are too big for me, are too tight on my ALWAYS teenier-than-me mom!
    - I passed up pastries and pizza at lunch
    - Finally back to drinking the amount of water I should be
    - Work pants i used to dream of fitting into, now fall off
    - Scale was UNDER 150 for the first time since freshman year of high school
    - Getting and extra booty grab from my man before leaving for work :wink:
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I had the realisation that on a day that I really don't feel like doing yoga (I have a committed 6-days-a-week mysore ashtanga practice) my automatic response is "OK you can do a reduced practice". Because the idea of not doing it at all doesn't even enter my mind.

So tonight, after a really hard week at work, I braved the pouring rain in the evening to make it to a mini workshop with only 2 other students focusing on a balancing posture (uthitta hasta padangustasana) that I don't care mush for because it didn't occur to me that I could just skip it.

Yay for building strong & healthy habits!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I did not wake up dead. W00t!
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Touched me cat without him biting me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!