If You're doing away with Carbs....Add Me!

Options

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    all joking aside, my aunt, who started out at about 270 pounds, decided to do adkins. she was under the impression that she could have anything high in fat / protien with very little / no carbs... honest to god, she was eating spoon fulls of butter, amongst other things... she has done very well on her diet... been a few months, and she has stayed strict to it... has gained about 30 pounds... id say she is pushing 300 now...

ill take my evil dirty bad carbs, i like being able to function and move!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've done away with Crabs!

Oh...wait.

crab_banner_rl.jpg
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    360g of carbs every day here. Would not give them up. lol
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    you'd have to basically eat ONLY meat to go zero carb.

Butter and eggs too.

according to mfp database there is one carb in a large egg lol. i know thats not a lot but its not zero either. idk about butter

cool! who wants to go on an all butter diet?

Can I have bacon with that?

butter and bacon... mmmmmmmmmm
  • KindredSouls
    KindredSouls Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    carbs_vs_fi_graph.jpg

I agree Fuel Injection is the way to go!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options

nice! i dont limit mine at all, but i only come in at around 165g on average... on days that i "accidentally" go lower, i feel like crap, can barely run a simple mile...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I apologize for not wording it correctly....No need to attack Me! Geez...

if this was a car forum, i'd have told you to put your flame retardant suit on.

LOL! I'll have to remember that...

Remember, it's Friday...and it's been a long week for everyone...and...

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

You have to have a thick skin on the internetz....
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    So Apparently I should have specified BAD CARBS....WOW! Amazed! LMAO!

WAIT!? THERE ARE BAD CARBS!? Why am I just finding out about this now!!!?!?!?!?

image25.gif
  • vinzorelli
    Options

nice! i dont limit mine at all, but i only come in at around 165g on average... on days that i "accidentally" go lower, i feel like crap, can barely run a simple mile...

They're too delicious
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sorry, gotta have a balance menu! :noway: Keeping my Carbs!! Good Luck!
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    In for the bad carbs. Wait....... What?
  • glacierwookie
    glacierwookie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are you doing Atkins, Keto, or something else? I'm doing Keto, and keeping my carb intake below (or right at) 20g / day. I have never felt better! As opposed to what most people on here think, you actually will have more energy, because ketones are a better fuel for your brain than carbohydrates. You should check out http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/ if you need any info on Ketosis. Good luck with your weightloss journey! I wish you the best!
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I tried it for one day and felt horrible. I'd much rather eat what I want at a deficit and have energy and be happy.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and am insulin resistant with auto-immune liver disease. I try to stay under 120g per day. Any lower and I'd never succeed.

Add me if you want.
  • Gatlen
    Gatlen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been under 30 carbs for the past few months and feel amazing. I run every day (lighter on lifting days) and still have plenty of energy. After I got through the initial hell of my brain shutting down on me for the first few days, everything has been great. I don't even crave carby foods like I used to.

Some people dig it, some people hate it.
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    Isn't it weird how you asked for some support and go a whole lot of stupid......

In between that some nice people, hope you get the support you were looking for. There's something for everyone here I guess.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    So Apparently I should have specified BAD CARBS....WOW! Amazed! LMAO!

I'm a very bad carb...spank me!:wink::laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • jeedsjds13
    jeedsjds13 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My carbs hover between 20-40g per day, I have lost 153 lbs and still going, and I have the most energy now than I have ever had in my life :)

It is doable. The body works in mysterious ways!
  • Chris_1974
    Options
    Are you doing Atkins, Keto, or something else? I'm doing Keto, and keeping my carb intake below (or right at) 20g / day. I have never felt better! As opposed to what most people on here think, you actually will have more energy, because ketones are a better fuel for your brain than carbohydrates. You should check out http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/ if you need any info on Ketosis. Good luck with your weightloss journey! I wish you the best!

Atkins is what I follow. I usually get between 15-20 net carbs a day. I'm on day 12 and feel amazing!!! I get most of my carbs from vegetables but also from 1/2 and 1/2 and heavy cream etc...I no longer crave starches or sugars either.
  • Domane1963
    Domane1963 Posts: 85 Member
    Options