The Gym is great for people watching!!

Options

Replies

• sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    3. The Grunter: I was on the treadmill and down below was the weight area. The first time I heard him I nearly fell off. It was a muscle head guy who would wear a small tank top and small shorts with his super tan and everytime he would lift the weights he would make the loudest grunting sounds and it was obvious he wanted everyone to watch him. He would only do a few reps grunting loudly each time and then stop to strike a pose in front of the mirrors.

He's probably lifting heavy weight/low reps. I'm not sure about the striking a pose though.

There's one lady that chews gum all the time. She looks like she's a cow chewing cud.

I actually saw a man the other day, who thought it was a good idea pop his pimples at the mirrors in the free weight area.
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting. Going to read this later and maybe add something.
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I love this post because I do the same thing... watch people. I try not to because I don't want to be the weird person who stares at everyone but you do come across some strange people.

This one guy at my gym... he's about 40 and wears these tight spandex bike shorts (he's not biking) and armless/pitless shirts. It's just wrong. Sorry but no man should be wearing tight spandex shorts. I also tease my husband and tell him he should get on the treadmill behind him.
  • efalcon1
    Options
    These stories are hillarious!! I love people watching at the gym. I once saw what I would call a "skinny" running on the treadmill on her tiptoes, obviously too used to wearing high heals! One problem with people watching - the countless times I've nearly fallen off the treadmill myself as distracted with laughing at other people!!
  • GrayJohn
    Options
    I like to watch the women sweat.

That is all.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I brink my gigantic 8-track and plug it in next to my Precor with the spiral twisted wire and head-phones that weigh about 3.5 pounds.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    We used to have this guy at the gym that wore those American flag parachute pants like the guy in Napoleon Dynamite...you know the guy Rex Kwan Do :laugh:

"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it. Last off, my students will learn about self respect. You think anybody thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night? Forget about it!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    this morning I was at the gym, our first day of Boot Camp Classes.... I jumped on the Eliptical machine and a lil gal about 50 or so jumped on the one beside me.... she couldn't understand why it kept "pausing" so finally I said, "I think you need to go alittle faster" you would of thought I swore at her by the look on her face, she was in shock! she said, "well that can't be in, I'm pushing myself hard!" I had to giggle..... and wonder, will she be there on Wednesday for our 2nd day of class?!!! lol
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    We used to have this guy at the gym that wore those American flag parachute pants like the guy in Napoleon Dynamite...you know the guy Rex Kwan Do :laugh:

"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it. Last off, my students will learn about self respect. You think anybody thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night? Forget about it!"

That's gold!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options

haha That is just hilarious!!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I brink my gigantic 8-track and plug it in next to my Precor with the spiral twisted wire and head-phones that weigh about 3.5 pounds.

Hahaha, what decade are you in???
  • bobbijomacknight
    Options
    These stories are awesome! Nearly peed my pants laughing!
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    The underwear in the sink at the gym is disgusting!! Worst I've heard yet.

Another grossie - I hate when women come into the locker room, get butt naked and plant their bare butt RIGHT down on the bench, carpeted and everything. EWWWWW!!!!! Really?? do you KNOW how many germs are floating around in there? I don't even let my bare feet touch the floor. Ick. I'm the weirdo who does the crazy flamingo dance trying to prevent my feet from hitting the floor as I pull on and off socks, lol.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

Another grossie - I hate when women come into the locker room, get butt naked and plant their bare butt RIGHT down on the bench, carpeted and everything. EWWWWW!!!!! Really?? do you KNOW how many germs are floating around in there? I don't even let my bare feet touch the floor. Ick. I'm the weirdo who does the crazy flamingo dance trying to prevent my feet from hitting the floor as I pull on and off socks, lol.

I am sooo like that!!! Balance on one foot while i put my sock on the other foot and trying not to fall over!!! I don't want anything bare on my body touching anything!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options

I am sooo like that!!! Balance on one foot while i put my sock on the other foot and trying not to fall over!!! I don't want anything bare on my body touching anything!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Yep! I have learned to put my shoes down and I stand on top of one shoe, to help with balance, hehe! It works!
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    It's me at my gym. I squat 3x per weak in socks (no shoes) and I grunt on heavy sets. I get looks all of the time, but it doesn't bother me i know what i am doing and don't care about anyone else.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!:laugh: I love these stories.
  • thelgeson
    Options
    I went to a step aerobics class in our gym and the county commisioner was there with his wife and while doing a leg lift he unceremoniously farted so LOUD I thought I would die!!!! Being the childish woman that I am I had to stifle it all evening, yet occasionally broke into snickers the rest of the night. ( I am laughing now). I will never be able to see him without cracking up!!!!:laugh:

Now *I* can't stop giggling! I work for the Board of County Commisioners in my area and all I can do is picture this of my own local guy.... LMAO
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    My favorite out of all the gyms which I've been a member has been "dirty wrestling singlet man." He was this middle-aged guy who wore a wrestling singlet to lift in - the same singlet, every day of the week, sometimes with some shorts under it, sometimes not. It seemed kind of gross - can't say I was ever close enough to the guy to tell if he cleaned the thing regularly - it was pretty diry looking - but seriously, could barely be in the same room as him without thinking - OMG did you wear that to high school in the 70s? Have ya washed it lately!? Every consider some shorts and a tank top?

My other faves were the "protein brothers" which worked out at my college gym. You pretty much knew EVERYONE who was in this gym at any regular basis because it was really small and cramped. These two guys weren't funny so much for people watching - they were just two buff dudes who liked to lift (A LOT) - but what made them hilarious was that they would stop in the cafeteria right before lifting, get a plate filled with meat - each, then usually get a second plate, and take the leftovers to the gym with them for post workout protein. I worked in the cafeteria some nights and when I'd serve them they'd always ask for the "best protein" on the menu. THEN at the gym, they'd top off the meat with a protein shake!!! Ahhh, good times.

I am laughing so hard at the pimple popper observation. ZOMG totally witnessed someone popping back zits at the gym one time - soooo gross.

OOH and the last one! I had an spin instructor who was totally awesome - loved her class - but she didn't shave her armpits (but strangely enough she shaved her legs!). And she always wore tanks / sports bras during class. It was really bushy and really distracting. I think she was really into the natural living and hippie scene, so I guess it was understandable, but still really distracting!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

Meeee too! People are gross. I once saw a lady sitting on the floor in the shower stall, washing herself. She left the shower curtain open for all to see. I don't even let my bare feet touch the shower floor, never mind my butt!