I miss beer

Options
translucent158
translucent158 Posts: 1
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
decided to cut beer from my diet and its bumming me out but I don't see any other option

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    one day at a time. maybe you can go to AA. lol
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    :noway: Burn the heretic :mad:

More seriously.... Why cut out beer? Because of the calories or an alcohol problem?
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love my wine. I couldn't give it up but found one that only has 138 calories a glass. I make sure I fit it into the day. Maybe a low cal option?
  • tilmoph
    tilmoph Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The first thing I decided was that, low-carb diet, sure, why not? No beer? Hell no! Reduce consumption from "whenever" to "once a month", ok, but gone forever, or at least the immediate future? NONONONONONONONONONONO! Also, no.
  • brandierich
    brandierich Posts: 1,087
    Options
    I have found a great sub for pop in my vodka .... water with a slice of lime ... the acid in the lime makes it taste great!
  • threetonguerings
    threetonguerings Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Budlight is my poison.
    I have cut back but can't completely shut it out of my life.
  • IhScoutII
    IhScoutII Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    HELL NO....I cut way back but it's the only thing I drink besides water..:drinker:
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Yay more for me. I had a few last night, more tonight.

Hope you stop being a quitter!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Just cut back. Unless 1 or 2 makes you have 10...then ya, quit beer.
  • TheMelephant
    Options
    Do NOT cut beer, it's too delicious.
    Just stick to one beer every once in a while, and make it good!
    A nice craft beer. Maybe pick one that is just 5-6%, and not go for any higher percentage ones, as they will usually be more calories, and stick to a bottle of beer instead of a whole pint.

Seriously, I still drink beer, and I only have like 1200 to work with...
    It's all about moderation! Unless you have to avoid it because you can't just have one and would be tempted to have more... :P
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    the longer you go, the better that first one will taste
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    If it's a diet/calorie issue, you can certainly work it in as a treat once in a while. I usually have a beer or two on the weekend. In fact, that reminds me: it's time to go home. I think I'll have a beer when I get there.

Hopefully you're looking at your diet as a permanent lifestyle change. Unless you have a drinking problem or are a body builder on a cut, just have a beer once in a while. :drinker:
  • Boomer_Sooner1972
    Boomer_Sooner1972 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good, more for me.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I work in 1 or 2 whenever I want it... Nothing beats coming home from a P.M. Workout and kicking back in the recliner with an Ice cold Beer... Has not effected my weight loss one bit... Best of Luck..
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    You don't have to cut out alcohol. I drank throughout all my weight loss and did just fine. You either need to drink less, or make up for your drinking days with a killer workout that day or the next. I like going for a looooong hike on days that I wanna drink. Evens out all the extra calories.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    then drink beer and stay in a calorie deficit...or just drink on weekends...

there is no need to torture yourself ....
  • zensugi
    zensugi Posts: 76
    Options
    I have become very choosy with alcohol. I have the occasional (read < once a week) beer or glass of red wine BUT I have a very nice one (from a microbrewery near home or Aussie wine).
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    get some new glasses because you should be able to see plenty of other options.
This discussion has been closed.