Replies

• Gorgeousaurus
    Gorgeousaurus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Why not?
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Saturday can be the best workout day. The usual distraction of work doesn't come into play. You can bike further, run longer, or lift more sets. It's all up to you.
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    With the colder weather coming up, I have less daylight hours after work to exercise, so my Saturdays and Sundays are my longer workout days because I can start much earlier in the day.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    With my kids sports, weekends are the only time I can work out sometimes. If I get the timing right, I'm not in a rush and can get more in. Also, it's usually not as crowded, so no waiting. Why wouldn't you work out on a Saturday? Plan on doing something tomorrow too. Depending on the weather, it'll either be at the gym or outside. For me, weekends are great for working out. But if it's a good rest day for you, go for it.
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    because i dislike crowds and on Sat night the gym is a ghost town so I have the place to myself... except for the creepy counter guy who tries to hit on me when i'm leaving...
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I always work out on Saturday and Sunday. I don't have as much free time during the week and going to the gym on the weekends gives me something to do/look forward to.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Because I want to eat more ... And drink some, too... When I have a kick-*kitten* Saturday workout, I'm guilt-free.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    honestly.. its my only rest day of the week.. lol. Sunday is cardio only..then m-f cardio and crossfit.. t/t/f heavy lifts. Saturday I'm usually spent.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Because it's one of two days I don't have to drag my *kitten* out of bed at 5am to get a workout in.

And because I can go on a 2.5hr bike ride and not be late for work.

And because my wife is home Sat too and I don't want a Honey-Do list on top of my own stuff. So...I bike.

No question. I like Sat workouts.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Cause it is possible to become unhealthy on Saturdays too.
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Uhhh... same reason I work out on other days? You know, like, to work out?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Why not? Is Saturday something different from any other day?
  • lisa4748
    Options
    Because I want to eat more ... And drink some, too... When I have a kick-*kitten* Saturday workout, I'm guilt-free.

^^This for sure!
  • FranceyPants
    FranceyPants Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Start your weekend right! Get up early, get to the gym, have an awesome breakfast afterwards!

Besides, you get to have more alcohol if you've burnt more calories :)
  • Wooly_I_am
    Options
    Because I like to workout anytime.......even after work today on a Sunday :)
  • PhitnessWorks
    Options
    Explain / motivate.

Because it's my #1 tip to a healthy weekend!
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Because I've had a good night's sleep (most of the time) and have enough time to spend three hours playing around with my barbell if I want to (and then eating ALL THE THINGS)!
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    To maintain my streak of going to the gym every day. Today was day 48.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Why not?

^^THIS^^
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Gym is usually empty on Saturday afternoon/evening?