Starting MFP Again

2»

Replies

• yogapantsandsmiles
    yogapantsandsmiles Posts: 24 Member
    I've gone off the rails as well. Had some complications with my arthritis, and became very down about myself and stopped trying to maintain my fitness and eating habits. I have the hardest time maintaining the healthy lifestyle. I am graduating in the spring though, and really want to get back in shape. I need some major inspiration as well.

But congratulations on getting married! you've got this!!!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    I got myself to a great weight about a year and a half ago and then let it slip. After getting married and quitting smoking I put on ten pounds in the last month so here I am back again. Please feel free to add me. i also recently go a fitbit and could use some friends. My id is //www.fitbit.com/user/288ZZB .

Thank you and good luck!

But good for you for quitting smoking... Worth a temporary weight setback:drinker:
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    I hear you. 2 years ago I lost 80 pounds and then gained 30 back. Lost those 30 and still continuing on my fitness journey :drinker:

Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    It happens. Last year from Oct till about March I lost 40lbs. i have maintained that weight and lost a couple more, but am having a very hard time getting back into the groove of watching what i eat and excercising. I have a 20 year reunion coming up next June and would like to lose this last 30 lbs. It seems like every time i get back into it..something comes up and totally derails me. I just need to find that willpower I had last year and reapply it! Good luck...its all mind over matter :)
  • Yeeeeeep. I'm in the same situation! But hopefully the break was what I needed to get over that plateau!
  • I just re-joined today too after having lost 20# last year doing this. Sending you HAPPY thoughts :) and a friend request! Take care! :)
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    It helps to know I'm not the only one... I lost about 130 pounds over 18 months, but then put 60 back on over the next 18. No real excuse; I just got lazy about workouts (I would workout "tomorrow"). I'm trying to get back into a routine (October has been my best month for consistent workouts since December 2011!).
  • Good luck everyone....I fell off the wagon for a while but firmly back on. Need to change my eating habits, and lose some weight!
  • Starting over again too....lost 70 pounds but gained about 20 back.....the only thing that really works is logging for me...I love MFP, just have to re-commit.
  • ny2298pdsgt
    ny2298pdsgt Posts: 62 Member
    with all the people here that have come back (some more than once), I don't feel so bad about doing it myself now. I have yo-yoed with the program, lose weight, try to do it on my own, only to find out I don't do so good, so come back, lose some, try one my own...... viscous cycle. I'm on 65 days straight now and while I still have trouble with the weight, going up and down all the time, I am learning my mistakes and poor choices so while the weight isn't going the way I may want/like, its a learning experience and that's what matters.
  • bblumenstock
    bblumenstock Posts: 10 Member
    I'm also starting again - had surgery with a 3 month re-coop, then quit smoking, so now the weight just all jumped back on me.
    Also just diagnosed as diabetic & just started meds - I have to get serious again in order to get healthy - I think it helps all of us to know we aren't alone in this. "WE" can do this.
  • Going to start all over again. Lost 80 pounds the first time, put 33 back on. Here is to second time being the charm.
  • Truegoddess22
    Truegoddess22 Posts: 94 Member
    Same here. Started out strong and got in control of everything and threw MFP to the wind lol thought I had a handle on things and well... I'm back. I currently weigh 176 and my goal weight is 125-130. WE can do this!! Feel free to add me ! :D
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    I am going through the same thing I just started back on here last week
  • skiersteve12345
    skiersteve12345 Posts: 89 Member
    good luck, started back last week had 2 close family members past away recently and got fat as hell (+25lbs) back again now thou :)
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Happy thoughts your way!!! And anyone can add me if they want extra motivation...god knows I need it!!
  • belovedbattle
    belovedbattle Posts: 7 Member
    I just came back from a five month trip and have gained weight. All my old friends are inactive so I'd love to be everyone's friend for encouraged. :)
This discussion has been closed.