WHY WORK OUT ON A SATURDAY?

Options

Replies

• MsMischief
    MsMischief Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love Saturday work outs, it's the best day of the week for it if you ask me. Sleep in a little, cook a fry up (500 kcal breakfasts rule), relax until the food's gone down and give it your all at the gym and enjoy being sore on Sunday, when you don't have to go to work.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Explain / motivate.
    Motivation comes from within. If you don't want to, I'm not going to talk you into it.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Really!? Saturday is the BEST day to work out. I love getting a long run or hike in on Saturday morning. It lets me be outdoors, burn a ton of calories and do the kind of workout I like best, but simply don't have time to do on weekdays.

I can't imagine NOT working out on Saturday!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Because time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.

There is only now, right now.

Personally I like to 'work out' every minute of the day, every day, to the best of my ability.

I build the activity in, there is no weekend, just life lived to the fullest, every mother-funking day.

As I said, there is only right now ... NOW! :)
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Because habits are built on behavior. Skip a Saturday with tons of time, and what are the chances I can convince myself to work out on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday when I have very little time?
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Because time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.

There is only now, right now.

Personally I like to 'work out' every minute of the day, every day, to the best of my ability.

I build the activity in, there is no weekend, just life lived to the fullest, every mother-funking day.

As I said, there is only right now ... NOW! :)
    Yes! Especially lunchtime. :wink:
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I work out every day, Saturday included!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Yes! Especially lunchtime. :wink:

Habits and behaviour are a very big thing of mine right now, the reprogramming of the brain, setting new neural pathways, establishing new patterns. Calories in/out and all that guff aside I think that getting the brain in order is central to the process of getting healthier.

Saturday? What does that mean? Just another day. You make your decision in the moment, it all counts.
  • skiersteve12345
    skiersteve12345 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    because i should have gone Friday and didn't lol
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    More free time. Plus if I missed a good workout during the week, I always make it up on Saturday.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    because i should have gone Friday and didn't lol

Hahah yes this is me all the time.
  • ImRemko
    ImRemko Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you don't like working out on Saturdays, then don't. You don't have to work out every day, no matter what your goal is.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Because it is the only day when I don't have to put time constraints on my workout...
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    The gym is nice and empty on a Saturday because people like the OP are making threads like this on MFP instead of sitting on the equipment and texting. How's that?
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Because it is one of two days a week I get to workout with my significant other. He motivates me to bench more, squat more, and swim farther. I just enjoy having a workout buddy and look forward to Saturday and Sunday workouts all week long. Although I work every other weekend so they don't seem like days to take off and just relax like they do for most people.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Because I prefer running my long run on a day with less traffic in the morning.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you? Do you EAT on Saturday?
  • 2boned
    2boned Posts: 44
    Options
    because your band is terrible and you need to take your mind off how bad they suck?
  • cyruscyrus
    Options
    because your band is terrible and you need to take your mind off how bad they suck?

Nice.

I did not expect so many of you to be totally humorless and unsupportive in a support forum. Bravo.

I ran 3 miles that night, after starting this thread.
    http://runkeeper.com/user/kingcyrusking/activity/259430077

the correct answer is to my question is "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    It's because at 5:00AM M-F? Only 1 or 2 hotties in the gym.

Saturdays at 9:00AM? Booyah.