IT WORKS Wraps

Options

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    This will not jump start your weight loss. The only thing they're good for is if you're going to an event and need a one-night (maybe two, if you're lucky) slim down to look your best. Something that could be easily avoided by not planning on wearing a too-tight or ill-fitting outfit.

These things are a total waste of money.
  • PolkaDot_Princess
    PolkaDot_Princess Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've used them. Yes, temporary, and yes it is water loss combined with a tightening/firming of the skin. To keep the inches off, you have to keep wrapping every 6-8 weeks. No, they don't "detox" anything because there is nothing to detox.

I do still occasionally wrap my midsection if something is coming up where I just want to look better for a few days or a week. I haven't found any negative side effects to it. BUT I now use a clay mixture from amazon and a natural fiber ace bandage. The clay is about $25 and has been enough for 8 wraps so far and the ace bandage was a 1 time cost of $4-$5. $3.75 per wrap is much better than $60 per wrap for the same temporary vanity results.

Ok, yea that sounds about right. Well hopefully it will help me feel bikini ready for my vacation :-)))
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    As far as I can tell, they make you sweat more, shedding some water, losing toxin through sweat. Hey wait a minute, this happens naturally, without some expensive wrap! Well, I'd cancel your order if I were you and wrap yourself in saran wrap before working out!
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I tried it once to see what it was all about. After the time having it on, I actually gained inches. However, 2 days later I saw a 2" loss around my belly where I used it. However it did not last. I would say, use what you have since you ordered them but then just do it the good old fashioned way of a calorie deficit and exercise. :)

did you only try one once? how long did it take to come back? I just need a jump start. I've been stuck for a while now :-(

Yes I only did it once. Too much money for something that sounded too good to be true. And it really is too good to be true. The inches came back pretty quickly. I was already eating at a deficit so my weight continued to decline, but that had nothing to do with the wrap.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Is it like going to the sauna or the steam room? If you do it regularly, you might benefit? Mud packs cleanse and detoxifies, and so does a hot bath, followed by a cold shower.
  • PolkaDot_Princess
    Options
    Wraps.

Damn, now I'm hungry....

wolfnights.jpg

greek-wrap-051988.jpg

MMMMM falafal.
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wraps.

Damn, now I'm hungry....

wolfnights.jpg

greek-wrap-051988.jpg
    That's my kind of wrap!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have some beach front property in Arizona too. :wink:

I snickered a bit at this.

It's a quick fix for a day or two, you aren't going to keep the weight off. Either cut your calories a bit or exercise more. I've done body wraps and if you're going to get one, atleast go to a spa, those rooms with the heated mummy wraps all over you are GREAT. (still not a good weight loss aid) It Works wraps are cheap and sucky wannabes, and probably cost about the same.
  • PolkaDot_Princess
    Options
    I tried it once to see what it was all about. After the time having it on, I actually gained inches. However, 2 days later I saw a 2" loss around my belly where I used it. However it did not last. I would say, use what you have since you ordered them but then just do it the good old fashioned way of a calorie deficit and exercise. :)

did you only try one once? how long did it take to come back? I just need a jump start. I've been stuck for a while now :-(

Yes I only did it once. Too much money for something that sounded too good to be true. And it really is too good to be true. The inches came back pretty quickly. I was already eating at a deficit so my weight continued to decline, but that had nothing to do with the wrap.

BOOO I should have known better!! Oh well live and learn right??
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've used them. Yes, temporary, and yes it is water loss combined with a tightening/firming of the skin. To keep the inches off, you have to keep wrapping every 6-8 weeks. No, they don't "detox" anything because there is nothing to detox.

I do still occasionally wrap my midsection if something is coming up where I just want to look better for a few days or a week. I haven't found any negative side effects to it. BUT I now use a clay mixture from amazon and a natural fiber ace bandage. The clay is about $25 and has been enough for 8 wraps so far and the ace bandage was a 1 time cost of $4-$5. $3.75 per wrap is much better than $60 per wrap for the same temporary vanity results.

Ok, yea that sounds about right. Well hopefully it will help me feel bikini ready for my vacation :-)))

Only if your vacation is within a day or two after the wrap - and only lasts about three days...Less if you plan to eat and drink as usual... I did use it - it lasted for three days, and as there is nothing to "detox" in your body, that's the scam part....
    It will not "jump start" your weight loss any differently than a big poop would....
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    It's a bunch of crap... I used one 2 weeks ago and did exactly what the girl who sold it to me said to do. Drink a lot of water... blah blah blah. Well, all that really happened was I got sick to my stomach for 2 days. I did not lose weight or inches. Luckily, I had traded her some clothing items for the wrap, so I am not out any money. I wouldn't do it.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    That's all you can do.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    This is why the diet market is a billion dollar business..
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I will gladly give you my paypal account, since you're wasting your money, I could use some!

Toxins are crap - you're body naturally gets rids of toxins in it's own way- you don't need a wrap to do it, otherwise we'd all be wrapping, and as you can tell, clearly most of us know this is a marketing scheme and complete bull****.

Rule of thumb - "if it sounds good to to be true, it IS too good to be true!"
  • PolkaDot_Princess
    Options
    I will gladly give you my paypal account, since you're wasting your money, I could use some!

Toxins are crap - you're body naturally gets rids of toxins in it's own way- you don't need a wrap to do it, otherwise we'd all be wrapping, and as you can tell, clearly most of us know this is a marketing scheme and complete bull****.

Rule of thumb - "if it sounds good to to be true, it IS too good to be true!"

thanks for being so nice and polite, i appreciate it!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    It's a bunch of crap... I used one 2 weeks ago and did exactly what the girl who sold it to me said to do. Drink a lot of water... blah blah blah. Well, all that really happened was I got sick to my stomach for 2 days. I did not lose weight or inches. Luckily, I had traded her some clothing items for the wrap, so I am not out any money. I wouldn't do it.

I don't think it's fair to compare the wraps to a bunch of crap. I can easily lose 1lbs evacuating my bowels, not so much with the wraps.

OP save your money, lay a brick instead.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Jamie, it's a waste of your cash. There's really no way to get there without a calorie deficit. This will just make you sweat in the areas where you are wrapped.

A friend and I used to do the same thing when we were in the Navy, and it got close to time for measurements to check your BF%. We went the cheaper route, and wrapped our midsections with saran wrap for a couple of days before measuring, and we could lose a little waist size. It was purely water weight. It came back as soon as we started drinking again and rehydrated.

As for the toxins, it's a no go as well. Yes, you may lose substances when you sweat, but the majority of your filtering is done by your liver and kidneys. Sweat may have a little urea in it, but it's mostly water, with a bit of salt. Excessive sweating it out can actually cause you to retain toxins. When you lose water, and dehydrate, there is a hormonal tide started that causes your kidneys to see less flow to retain water. This prevents your kidneys from actually filtering the toxins into your urine.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Wraps.

Damn, now I'm hungry....

wolfnights.jpg

greek-wrap-051988.jpg

Now these are wraps I can support!
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Save money if you just want to sweat a bit use cling film its cheaper!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    The name of this product is the equivalent of giving a tall person the nickname "Shorty".