Ladies who lift diet?

Options
13»

Replies

• SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting heavy (okay, heavy for me :P) for about 6 months now. I've lost both weight, AND bodyfat - primarily bodyfat though simply by eating at a deficit. Works out about 1800 or so cals.
    Maintenance with lifting is about 2400, so it's going well.

You've got this, and you'll be where you want to be in no time :D Good luck!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have been doing Chalean Extreme for about 6 weeks after this I plan to get a barbell and start NROLFW! My diet is pretty clean already but I just can't seem to get my spare tire to deflate - I think that is my biggest concern. I feel much tighter all over except I still have a belly and love handles! I'm not concern about the number on the scale so much. That's why I thought cutting carbs would help. I am gluten free and trying to be dairy free (helps keep my acne at bay)
    I need to figure out my TDEE - right now I'm eating around 1500- 1700 cals a day- all "real food" no fast food or processed garbage BUT I eat pizza (gf) and drink wine every Sunday while watching the Saints :) I just can't give that up!!
    I will DEF keep lifting progressively heavier b/c I love it and how strong it makes me feel I just wish it would help me banish this gut! Maybe after football season it will work better.

6 weeks at 1500-1700 calories a day? You should be losing. Are you weighing and measuring all your food? Is there anything you don't count? How much protein are you eating?
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of protein. I get my Carbs from veggies and fruit.
  • gensteele1
    gensteele1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy and have gained muscle, lost fat and am not bulky at all. I love the results. Unless you are taking supplements in addition to a multivitamin, you will not bulk naturally. To the women who are gaining weight and/or muscle, you're diet is where the problem lies. I have been told (and read several times) to lose weight while lifting, you must eat at a deficit. In addition, Protein is a must. You should be eating close to a gram (some say 0.5-0.8 grams) of protein per pound. I'm the smallest in weight and biggest in muscle I've ever been. Yet since I started lifting only lost about 10lbs and people think I've lost so much more.
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have been doing Chalean Extreme for about 6 weeks after this I plan to get a barbell and start NROLFW! My diet is pretty clean already but I just can't seem to get my spare tire to deflate - I think that is my biggest concern. I feel much tighter all over except I still have a belly and love handles! I'm not concern about the number on the scale so much. That's why I thought cutting carbs would help. I am gluten free and trying to be dairy free (helps keep my acne at bay)
    I need to figure out my TDEE - right now I'm eating around 1500- 1700 cals a day- all "real food" no fast food or processed garbage BUT I eat pizza (gf) and drink wine every Sunday while watching the Saints :) I just can't give that up!!
    I will DEF keep lifting progressively heavier b/c I love it and how strong it makes me feel I just wish it would help me banish this gut! Maybe after football season it will work better.

I eat pizza too- it's okay. But you REALLY really really need to be aggressive about HOW MUCH of it you eat- and make sure you aren't blowing your macros out of the water.

Protein is a must for weight loss. keep track of EVERY bite that crosses those lips!!! You can do it!! :)

and also-lift heavy and by that I mean heavy isn't a number- it'a rep range- if the bar is what you are using- and you are fighting for 5 clean reps- it qualifies as 'lifting heavy' keep it up!!! woot woot
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options

Hey, that acne might me a good sign for one thing about lifting: testosterone. I have high testosterone and have to use acne products consistently to banish that part, but the testosterone is great for growing muscle more easily!

It will banish the gut eventually. My waist-to-belly is still squishy, but last time I did my lifting and eating right, things got much faster after over halfway through. It wasn't linear, so don't lose patience :)

Does anyone know how long the water weight sticks around? I have gained a few lbs since restarting my lifting. I am not going to stop lifting, just curious.

Mine never has. Dunno. I don't care if the muscles I see are made of water, though :D They could be made of marshmallow fluff for all I care. I can feel the new muscles around my lower thighs/knees really well and they are so hard/solid they are bound to weigh more than they used to is all I figure. (Other muscles are doing that, too, but those are kind of like rocks now). I like seeing/feeling it, whatever it is, because my knees needed more support. Hard stuff is more supportive. That's science :D:D