I am in a league of my own!
    tumblr_mp9u68Sl6v1rob81ao4_r1_250.gif
    just remember watch for the signs
    tumblr_mp9u68Sl6v1rob81ao5_r1_250.gif
    and most importantly, there's no crying in baseball \m/
  • _Bajiggity
    _Bajiggity Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I havne't come across anyone yet that is in my league. (take that as good or bad)
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I like people above me. And below me.

Wait, what was the question??
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    It drives me a bit crazy when a guy I care for with tells me that I'm out of his league.

Dude. If I am interested, and I want you. You are in my league. Don't bother fighting it. :wink:

Unless it's a way to escape my evil grasp :devil: ... maybe that's why they say that!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    It drives me a bit crazy when a guy I care for with tells me that I'm out of his league.

Dude. If I am interested, and I want you. You are in my league. Don't bother fighting it. :wink:

Unless it's a way to escape my evil grasp :devil: ... maybe that's why they say that!

see my earlier post. it's a whole complicated math & distance thing. i think he means you just have to move closer.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

see my earlier post. it's a whole complicated math & distance thing. i think he means you just have to move closer.

Lol
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Lol

LOL - not just a distance thing.. Had locals say it too!
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Its not just guys, this applies equally well to girls as well. I had a post of how girls let their friends talk them out of going for a guy and one of the main reason given was they think I am out of her league. Its like what the hell, why do they decide what my league is? Shouldn't I decide who is in my league? If I want her, she is in my league.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    According to Barney Stinson, there's always a reacher and a settler in a relationship. Which one are you?
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    According to Barney Stinson, there's always a reacher and a settler in a relationship. Which one are you?

My husband calls it the pursuer and the pursued :smile:
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    If by "silly" you mean "fu(king stupid", then yes, it really is.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    My whole life, dating, marriage. My expectations were pretty high. But, I'm also pretty outspoken, confident, funny, etc....Never really considered myself the "hot" guy but, I usually had the attention of the hot girls while the hot guys we're over there flexing and talking about their supplements. I've never considered any girl/woman, out of my league. They may not be my preference or I may not be theirs but, out of my league? No.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    My whole life, dating, marriage. My expectations were pretty high. But, I'm also pretty outspoken, confident, funny, etc....Never really considered myself the "hot" guy but, I usually had the attention of the hot girls while the hot guys we're over there flexing and talking about their supplements. I've never considered any girl/woman, out of my league. They may not be my preference or I may not be theirs but, out of my league? No.

This. This attitude is a turn on in my opinion at least.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    it's stupid. I wish people were more concerned with whether their partners treat them well, have similar goals to theirs, and make them happy. who cares what "league" they're in if they can check all those boxes.

For me, "league" isn't a looks thing. It's an emotional/mental thing. People who treat each other well, have similar goals, and make each other happy are in the same league. People with very dissimilar work ethic, priorities, hobbies, and emotional/mental maturity are usually not in the same "league."
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options

Reminds me of a French proverb: "In love, there is always one who kisses and one who offers the cheek".

I think the "league" thing is a male construct. I very rarely see a man start a relationship with a woman who is not his equal or greater in physical attractiveness.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If you think that's bad, consider this.

I'm totally out of my own league.

I just wan to point out that this statement goes exceptionally well with your picture and made me laugh :P