My baby died, then my husband died, but I'm still strong! Li

Options
2»

Replies

• NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Laura, thank you so much for sharing this part of who you are with us. You are sincerely what I call, "Grace under fire." You are courageous, determined, and downright inspirational. I am honored to have met you here. :)

BIG HUGS....~Angela
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    WOW! Sweetie, you have lived an amazing life and have come out of it very strong. I'm so proud of you for taking the steps to get a healthier life for you and your child. Reading your story brought tears to my eyes, and when I told your story to my boyfriend he was so touched. It just makes one realize that we need to appreciate that which we have and eager to live every day like it's the last. Thank you so much for sharing your story! You're a brave woman and I am so glad you are a part of this community! You and your family (and pets heheh) are in my heart and in my prayers!

XO
    ~Stacy
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. My heart goes out to you, if you were here I would hug you!! We all have our story.... and we all have to dig deep and find the strength to keep living life. I know I have weak days.... I think that is normal. I am proud of you for making the decision to keep living and be there for your daughter! I am so truly sorry for you losses, but so grateful for your new life you have had....that song is running through my head..... about God gives and takes away...... can't think of the name of it for the life of me!
    Thanks again for sharing, and good for you making healthy choices to go on living! You are important and so worth taking care of!!
    Stac
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. My heart goes out to you, if you were here I would hug you!! We all have our story.... and we all have to dig deep and find the strength to keep living life. I know I have weak days.... I think that is normal. I am proud of you for making the decision to keep living and be there for your daughter! I am so truly sorry for you losses, but so grateful for your new life you have had....that song is running through my head..... about God gives and takes away...... can't think of the name of it for the life of me!
    Thanks again for sharing, and good for you making healthy choices to go on living! You are important and so worth taking care of!!
    Stac
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Life begins at 50! You've got to do this for yourself now. 50lbs to lose but the new you begins NOW!!! :bigsmile:

Good luck honey :flowerforyou:
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You are a survivor and an inspiration.

Charmagne
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    Laura, I have sensed in your MFP comments to others an unusually-caring and sweet person. Your story bears that out. To have endured such tragedies at such a young age and within a short period of time could only have been devastating. And now for you to rise from that difficulty into wanting a new and better life is nothing short of admirable and remarkable.

Thank you for telling your story. You are right in that we each have a story. Telling it is healing. I have a chronic neurological disorder, and I have written 50-some poems and a book (book not yet published) about it, and a doctor once said to me, when I was in a period of health, "Have you ever considered that you're better BECAUSE you write?" I hadn't. But I soon saw that the illness was what drove me to write in the first place. And I think he was right. Speaking our stories, whether written or aloud to someone, can be very healing.

I am a person of prayer, and I will hold you in my prayers, as well as your little girl, your husband Reid, and your present family.

Thank you for sharing. And I mean for that statement to carry weight.

God bless you.
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story...you are an amazingly strong and brave woman. Such an inspiration! I am glad you were blessed to find love again and survive such unimaginable tragedy. Good luck on your weight loss journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a story. You are such a strong woman! I am so glad to be on your list of "fit pal" friends.
  • lcolpo
    lcolpo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Life is so strange! You never know what's going to happen. Sometimes it throws good at you and sometimes bad - and other times really, really bad. But it all comes down to how we deal with what we are given. You have 3 choices - not accept it and be a very unhappy person for the rest of your life. Accept it and more on - be okay and take things as they come. Or 3, you accept it and fight back! You make it better - you don't sit around waiting for the next thing to happen. And that's what you have done - you have made your life better and yourself a better person/mother/wife in the end. Congratulations.
  • SlimNana48
    Options
    Laura,

Thank you for sharing your story; you are truly a strong woman it took a lot to tell us all that has happened to you & with that you are ready for a new chapter in your life STARING YOU. You are now saying out loud that you are ready to move forward & that is wonderful. If you would like to friend me I’m here for you however I can help. I do know that if God brings you to it He will bring you through it. I’m so so happy that you made it through with your husband Jerry, daughter, your sons & pets.
    Welcome to the family .:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • VeronicaManuel
    VeronicaManuel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful story about courage and strength. May you be blessed along your journey.