Carbs

Options
Good morning everyone :) is everyone still eating there carbs and loosing weight?

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i love carbs. i dont restrict carbs at all... love love love them!

besides, how could i eat my apple fritter donut every saturday morning if i couldnt have carbs???
  • xtrasmall
    Options
    haha wow it is spelled their and losing.. i basically stopped eating grains and meat besides fish which is helping me lose personally!
  • Rob_Zamites
    Rob_Zamites Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Under 20g of net carbs per day, down 21 lbs.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    welcome to glycogen depletion. it doesnt matter in the end of how many carbs you take in

OP fat oxidation and carb oxidation are at a constant and will vary upon availability of the other one. caloric intake is king in this
  • Sugarbarez
    Options
    how are you losing weight while eating carbs like in donuts? man i would love to be able to do that :/ my MD has me on a LCHF diet and it's hard
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    how are you losing weight while eating carbs like in donuts? man i would love to be able to do that :/ my MD has me on a LCHF diet and it's hard
    You lose weight by being in a calorie deficit - simple as that.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    You lose weight by being in a calorie deficit - simple as that.

Carb on.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options

Yeh, I used to do that too until I realised that there was no metabolic advantage, these days I eat anyfink. ;)

Sandwich anyone?
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    [Sandwich anyone?

In.
  • ashclevs
    ashclevs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    carbs are so important for fuelling your body! you need them for your body to absorb all the good stuff like protein and your brain feeds off carbs too. just make sure all your macros are in the right proportions. cutting them out is silly
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I still eat mine! I try and keep it around 100g-150g a day. No way could I cut them out totally - I'm pretty sure that would turn me into a monster.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Only no carb diet I approve of...

oBeiohB.gif
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Depends on the individual - if you're insulin resistant you'll do better on low carb, insulin sensitive better on high carb / low fat.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/oby.2005.79/full

I do well on low carb. I think changes to glycogen stores two years ago are now history ;-)
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

I'm currently eating 210g of carbs a day. And those carbs consist of english muffins, bagels, pop tarts, ice cream and/or donuts. It's all about being in a caloric deficit.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm often over my carb goal (which is 40%), hasn't been a problem at all.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I average about 120 carbs per day, though the individual days vary a lot. I don't really think about carbs much, but I do try to limit added sugar and make sure I get enough fiber.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I eat plenty of carbs. It hasn't slowed me down.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Average about 300 grams a day. Mmm, ice cream...
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options

I honestly don't know how you eat that little carbs, I have 2 cups of coffee with my milk and sugar and i'm already on 24g of carbs.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    40/30/30 and looking forward to a sandwich

Honestly, cutting carbs (to below a reasonable amount) is something you should worry about if you're getting ready for a body competition or a fitness shoot. Fat loss is all about deficit. Some would argue a psychological benefit to cutting them (restriction makes some people feel like they're doing something), but others would say its disordered orthorexic thinking to demonize a macro. Metabolically, there is no reason to cut them unless you have some sort of medical condition.