McDonalds to change name of dollar menu

Options

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    That is really ridiculous. The reason Mcdonalds is not that popular is that the food is just not very good. The bread on the burgeres tastes like plastic. Mcdonalds is probably the worst tasting fast food out there.

I may be boycotting Mickey D's, but I'm guessing 69million a day isn't exactly an indicator of "the worst tasting fast food out there".

"McDonald’s is the leading global foodservice retailer with more than 34,000 local restaurants serving approximately 69 million people in 118 countries each day. More than 80% of McDonald’s restaurants worldwide are owned and operated by independent local men and women."

It's the best tasting food ever when you have the drunk munchies.

Also, You can buy the regular hamburgers for 89 cents and regular cheese burgers for 99 cents.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to a McDonald's since they took my "crack" off the dollar menu.
    hotnspicy.png

This would be amazing to make a McDouble Down with...

284026.gif

c3fecd5998c522bfa51ca254379b27d2.gif
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I don't go to McDonalds .. their food makes me physically sick. I think that is my body telling me that their food is just plain crap .. and it terribly unhealthy.

- Kevin -
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

It's the best tasting food ever when you have the drunk munchies.

Also, You can buy the regular hamburgers for 89 cents and regular cheese burgers for 99 cents.

I disagree Taco Bell is fine drunk food or under the influence of THC
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I live in the middle of no where and they finally closed our's.... no big deal... they could not employ a manager that didn't smoke dope or use crack...it sucked bad...
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Can we use McDonald's as an economic indicator?

There is a Big Mac Index (http://www.economist.com/content/big-mac-index)
    "It is based on the theory of purchasing-power parity (PPP), the notion that in the long run exchange rates should move towards the rate that would equalise the prices of an identical basket of goods and services (in this case, a burger) in any two countries."

There are some issues with it, for example India doesn't have a beef Big Mac. But for something that started as a joke, it is not bad.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    McDonald's is nasty!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I couldn't care less. Whenever the craving for a big mac strikes, I'm going to go get a big mac whether it's 5 dollars or 10. ;)

Otherwise, it's not that surprising. I think pretty much every other fast food chain have already made the same changes. (PS dollar menu items aren't even worth it, so whatever)
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    McDonald's is tasty!

fixed!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    That is really ridiculous. The reason Mcdonalds is not that popular is that the food is just not very good. The bread on the burgeres tastes like plastic. Mcdonalds is probably the worst tasting fast food out there.

that's very judgemental of you.
  • RivenV
    Options
    McDonald's is nasty!

Thanks for coming in to let us know. I'm sure your opinion will be validated in the posts to come.
  • RivenV
    Options

Plus, look at what happens if you try to go to Burger King

819.gif
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    This will affect me...not at all. I have since developed standards in food, and every time I have a lapse in judgement and eat McDonald's I feel sick and sincerely regret it.

Except their crispy chicken salad. Those are bomb. But have never been on the DM, so again, will not affect me.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    stoopid idea. no one wants to scroll/scan for the dollar items when they are broke and rushed thru the drive thru.
  • MsRadeke
    Options
    To pawnstar Nate - WPS!!!
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    I stopped going to Mickey D's after I discovered that the Oreo McFlurry had 400 calories in it. They have the best tasting fries around but I have given up fast foods completely.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I stopped going to Mickey D's after I discovered that the Oreo McFlurry had 400 calories in it. They have the best tasting fries around but I have given up fast foods completely.
    Wait just 400?

Holy **** I'm having them delivered daily
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

IDK I kind of agree it's not quality to me. Do I eat it? Hell yeah I do and I like it, but it's not fine cuisine Most of the time it's filler food. We are travelling or I need a quick breakfast. That's why I think it's a sin to raise the price on something that for the most part is subpar quality.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTW3oSzSIzM_4jR9FhWB8NQYeAdfDumsk9_engBDocTxv7YXl7Nvg
  • NetmanNH
    Options

I may be botcotting Mickey D's, but I'm guessing 69million a day isn't exactly an indicator of "the worst tasting fast food out there".

"McDonald’s is the leading global foodservice retailer with more than 34,000 local restaurants serving approximately 69 million people in 118 countries each day. More than 80% of McDonald’s restaurants worldwide are owned and operated by independent local men and women."

that's because it's ****ing delicious
    So true!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sounds like they'll be making a lot less dollars off of me.

Sad too, since I love dollar McChickens.