Cauliflower Breadsticks

Options

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I'm not understanding how these would taste like breadsticks..

They don't. Cauliflower grits don't taste like grits. Cauliflower pizza crust does not taste like pizza crust. Etc.
  • LostButterfly
    LostButterfly Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I am gonna give this a try.

As for the ones who question the cauliflower alternatives, Some people are on hard core diets and things like breads, potatoes, rice, ect are not on those diets. Cauliflower is a nice alternative to those things. I have 'riced' cauliflower and used it with chopped up grilled chicken & soy sauce. A nice, healthier alternative when you are carving chinese but cant/wont have it. Its kinda the same with these breadsticks and the other recipes. I have lost 137 pounds by being on a diet that eliminated a lot of foods including the high carb things but sometimes I just want something like it and am not willing to eat the real thing.
  • eljurassic
    Options
    I have to ask the people who come in here to **** on the recipe why even bother coming in? You saw the title of the post and know you wouldn't like the recipe inside. Is it that hard to ignore a post? I just don't get it.
  • LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    YUM! I'm making cauliflower "tortillas" tonight... had raw lasagna the other day. Amazingly deliciousness!!
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have to ask the people who come in here to **** on the recipe why even bother coming in? You saw the title of the post and know you wouldn't like the recipe inside. Is it that hard to ignore a post? I just don't get it.

Exactly, it's very irritating having to read thru all that negativity. They just don't get the post is not about "them" lol! This sounds like a creative recipe that would go great with pizza dipping sauce. thanks OP.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    yay....another cauliflower omelette masquerading as a bread substitute.
  • kmartinko
    kmartinko Posts: 114
    Options
    Sounds delicious. Cauliflower as great!!
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Who do people attempt to make other food items out of cauliflower? Why not just fit a breadstick (or cake, or hot dog, or any other of the numerous cauliflower copy cats I see on here) into your calorie goals? Am I missing something, does cauliflower possess some sort of magical power?

Because cauliflower recipes tend to be much lower in calories. So I can eat half my cauliflower crust pizza and drink a half bottle if wine for the same calories as normal pizza. Plus I happen to like cauliflower.

And why do you effing care what I, or anyone else eats? That's just...odd.

OP, thanks for the recipe!
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Bump! This sounds absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing. :-D

And the reason *I* like to make recipes like this is not to replace the other item, but it's to get me to eat the vegetable. If I'm eating cauliflower "breadsticks" it is not because I can't fit a breadstick into my plan, it's because I'm always looking for fun ways to cook vegetables in appealing ways so that I actually eat them! Just like people come up with interesting chicken recipes to make par broiled chicken not as bland, we come up with veggie recipes to make veggies not as bland! Gees. So many cauliflower haters out there.
    And also, I'm gluten free, so I mean, I can't eat breadsticks because they're made of, well, bread. But that's beside the point.
  • Rosieannaxo
    Options
    I actually made this using the blogilates recipe and it's delicious! It's great to use when I want to sneak some veggies into my family's meal and I also really love the taste of cauliflower haha :D
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower is for salads and for steaming. Next thing you'll know there'll be cauliflower candy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

One can only hope.
  • BIRDIEBL8
    BIRDIEBL8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    In for cauliflower candy recipe... On the other hand this might work to sneak some veggies in on the grandkids!
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just made these and I'm so glad I did! Really satisfied my "breadstick" and marinara craving. The crispy edges were great. Added extra Italian seasonings and browned again after adding the cheese topping. I will be trying it as pizza crust next time for sure.
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love cauliflower whether it's raw, roasted, boiled or steamed. Also love it with cheese.

This recipe sounds great. If you don't like this sort of recipe then don't bother with it but there's no need to be so negative about it. Some people actually like new ideas that use common and freely available foods.
  • LaurenMariex33
    Options
    I don't understand why numerous people found it necessary to post such negative replies to this recipe. If you don't like cauliflower, then don't eat it. Maybe some people enjoy cauliflower replacement recipes? The fact that "cauliflower" was in the title just shows that all of the people who posted negative things specifically went out of their way to click on this topic and be rude.
  • tilmoph
    tilmoph Posts: 72 Member
    Options

I'm actually thinking this too. I mean, it makes sense in the "sugars/carbs/whatever are teh devils, eat this instead or you'll get ALL THE CANCER!!!!11!!1" type threads and posts. Correcting misinformation and all that. But this isn't asserting squat about cauliflower vs. bread.. This is a way for people who like cauliflower and breadsticks but can't/won't eat bread to eat something that may theoretically mimic breadsticks to some extent with an ingredient they can use. It isn't trying to persuade people to abandon regular, glorious breadsticks for this, it isn't advancing an opinion (beyond "this is another way to prepare cauliflower that I believe will taste good"), it's just a recipe.

I mean, I'm not going to try it, since cauliflower is a far removed from my taste preferences as something that is still food can be, but if someone else wants to try it and actually enjoys, good for them. More money for the cauliflower farmers to spend. I have no grudge against cauliflower farmers.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    This thread brings me a ridiculous amount of joy.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I just made these. They taste great (I could eat the entire pan in front of the TV. I won't, but I could :smile:). But you pretty much have to scoop it out of the pan (unless I made them horribily wrong). Nothing holds them together - do yours stay together so you can lift them up, or dip them in something?
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    ^ Never mind...I forgot the eggs...which would help bind them. I'm seriously an idiot...will try again!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    So cheese n cracka?:-)