Body is morphing....but looking strange

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "odd"?

Bulges seem more pronounced on my hips. I'm thinking this could be because I've lost weight on my thighs.

Flab on back seems flabbier.

Tummy fat is softer and looks a little like something that is melting and is starting to hang.

Horrible fatty deposits just above my knee caps.

Waist is getting a lovely shape and my butt is awesome!

I tend to have months like that!

in the bottom left picture my thighs are horribly lumpy...the top right picture is a month later! Pretty sure there was NO weight loss.
    8681873330_339aebbf74.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • gwenr
    gwenr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "odd"?

Waist is getting a lovely shape and my butt is awesome!

Wear clothes that emphasize the features that you like the most right now. I'm wearing short skirts since I like how my legs look, but concealing my tummy, which is always the last to go.
  • Elpaw4mbv
    Elpaw4mbv Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. I think the bigger you are and the more out of shape when you start, the "odder" things look as the weight comes off and you start to see definition.

I feel sorta like a Shar-Pei these days. Since I have not lost much in pounds (inches are different) and I have a long way to go - I fear that I will be routinely mistaken for the human equivalent of one before this is all done. That's okay though - the short term "Ewww" will be worth it for the end state of "wow" - at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Give it time and as another poster mentioned - wear clothing that accentuates the positive and hides the "not so much" until it's all looking normal.
  • CarynMacD
    CarynMacD Posts: 230
    Options
    You lucky girl! Mine says I'm shrinking and tries to "show me every night", but I'm so wacked after my workout, I say "thank you dear" roll over and go to visit la la land. :laugh:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah pretty normal...I have been lifting since September and noticed the top of my thighs are out of whack...one is bigger and softer then the othr one and the "fat" that is left is definately more noticable around the muscle I see now...mind you my calves look fab...butt in jeans is amazing shoulders etc all great too...

Body recomp is a journey just like weight loss. Ups and downs just keep with it.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    It is so weird :) I really like my end results (from a few years ago), so that keeps me motivated.

At the moment, my hips have decided to drop their fat in one large go. So I have become an apple (triangle?) and I usually have hips plenty. Just in time for my Halloween outfit that was supposed to emphasize my smaller waist with relatively big hips. Great ;)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Same here. First I looked like this:

Caterpie.gif

And then I looked like this:

250px-011Metapod.png

Don't worry, I think you just leveled up and evolved from all that awesome working out.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    LOL @ So Damn Hungry!!