Carb Monsters Unite

Options
124»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I'm a carbovore myself. Fresh bread, rice, potatoes, pasta. Yum. I can go without most sugary stuff but bread right out of the oven? :heart:

I'm also half Korean half Italian so if I tried to cut out carbs my meals would be so sad!

Italian here..if I renounced carbs, I would have to renounce my heritage...lol
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    How do you do it and loss weight! I wish!!

carbs have nothing to do with weight loss..

calorie deficit does...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

carbs have nothing to do with weight loss..

calorie deficit does...

^This and in for the carbs
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    You can have my carbs when you pry them from my cold, dead hands (and just fyi: I *will* fight for them and I *will* fight dirty)

Oatmeal
    bagels
    Thick, chewy crusted pizza.
    Squash: butternut and delicata. I've eaten entire butternut squashes in one sitting (~2lbs)
    And my daily carb overload: a big bowl of Kashi cereal mixed with chocolate pudding and sliced strawberries. YUM
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    You can have my carbs when you pry them from my cold, dead hands (and just fyi: I *will* fight for them and I *will* fight dirty)

Oatmeal
    bagels
    Thick, chewy crusted pizza.
    Squash: butternut and delicata. I've eaten entire butternut squashes in one sitting (~2lbs)
    And my daily carb overload: a big bowl of Kashi cereal mixed with chocolate pudding and sliced strawberries. YUM

Love pizza! If it weren't for the cap-busting fat I'd have more. My friend is also a fan of Kashi cereal. I haven't checked it out yet. Maybe I should.

Anyways, just upped my carb intake to 380g daily. Fats have been bumped 10g as well. Club 400 soon.
  • vinzorelli
    Options

As they said above you can do it. Just need to be at a deficit. I happen to tolerate carbs very well but also had to work up my intake from a mere 100g daily. Took me a few months to get to 380g daily.

Interesting side note: As I was walking up my carb intake I actually started leaning out more (because I was actually close to starvation macros). So I was eating more food AND still leaning out at the same time.
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    In....for the carbs...I dont crush as many as you OP but I aim for about 30% of my diet from carbs...

30% is good. I think mesomorphs tend to hover around 40% carbs. I'm assuming your fats are pretty high then?
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    null_zps3633aeee.jpg~320x480?t=1382412060

Bedtime snack. In b4 carbs past 6pm.
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    null_zpsa220d074.jpg~320x480?t=1382497005
    Post workout 1. Rice, shredded chix, eggs, sammich, sriracha money shot

null_zpsc6793b79.jpg~320x480?t=1382496499
    Pre-bedtime carbz. Chocolate chip waffles gangbanging raspberry strawberry jam and chocolate syrup with a fat skinny cow crushing the whole situation.
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I love carbs too! However being a vegetarian it's hard for my carb intake to be too low
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    In for the carbs!

Yesterday was long run day--MFP told me my goal was 424g of carbs. I managed 346. The largest single source was the pizza I had for lunch, but I also had toast, a PopTart, tortillas, and a Blue Moon pumpkin ale.

Didn't have any in the house, but my absolute favorite carb source is crusty bread hot out of the oven...mmm...
  • gsgitu
    gsgitu Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Making homemade bread tomorrow :)
    On average, 200+ g a day here.

i have been using a sourdough starter i got from a lady at church since feb, and prob for the rest of my life. just made a couple loaves of bread last night. make cinnamon rolls from it, pizzas, sweet bread. eating my PB&J for lunch. fresh bread....so...tasty.....
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Love pizza! If it weren't for the cap-busting fat I'd have more. My friend is also a fan of Kashi cereal. I haven't checked it out yet. Maybe I should.

Kashi cereal is pretty good. Its not the best tasting cereal out there (that title is reserved for Captain Crunch (with crunch berries, of course) and that is another wonderful carb monster that could have its own post). To be honest, its pretty bland, but not offensive tasting. The blandness is a good thing, i guess, because it can be dressed up in so many ways. It also has a wonderful amount of complete protein and fiber.
  • salsaverde321
    salsaverde321 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i love carbs dont know what i would eat if i ever tried to cut it out!!

Ultimate carbivore- love bread/toast, porridge, spaghetti, pasta, potatoes, sweet potatoes, taro, savoury pastries.. you name it i love it!!

and cakes are my ultimate weakness!! Esp chinese cakes and pastries.. yummm
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    null_zps081d042c.jpg?t=1383149660
    In b4 diabeetus.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    in 4 donuts