What do you do with excess calories at the end of the day?

Options

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Hot buttered PopTarts.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    It's easy to have excess calories when your protein and fat goals are determined by body mass and you eat back exercise calories.

I dont quite understand this comment. Im assuming you get protein and fat goals from just your weight. Then you workout and lose -400, so you eat an extra 400 you have "excess" calories? that doesn't make sense you should still be hitting X amount of calories daily, thats what they are there for...... Otherwise at the end of the day you did NOT hit your daily numbers.

And, by your statement you would hit your protein #'s and Fat goal #'s, but still have say X amount of calories to eat, so you eat something, ok.... Now that puts you over Fat, Carbs or Protein since those goals were reached. Means your diet is / Macros are broke. Something is not right

You have a lot to learn my friend. I, like many others, treat protein and fat goals as minimums. Nothing is broken.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Usually just naan bread. How boring.

Not if it's Keema or Peshwari it's not...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends on my mood, but most days I have no problem with having a treat, lol.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I drink them.
  • thatjeffsmith
    thatjeffsmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bourbon.

This! Although I'll munch on almonds or pistachios too.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    eat chocolate.
  • tyediri
    tyediri Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I was just about to ask the exact same thing!!!??? :-/
    What is this "excess calories" you talk of????? :huh:

I'm intrigued..........
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Last night I had an excess of 400 after supper....

I should have gone for the peanut butter or cheese to hit my protien...but I really wanted the ketchup chips...so that's what I did...oh and mentos fruit chews and a mini oh henry bar...still some left over but eh...it all works out in the wash...down a lb this week...Yah
  • CamillaHerold
    CamillaHerold Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I smile and go about my evening.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    Eat them?
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Ahhh.. I never ever seem to have this problem :(
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Smash a Heath bar while it's still in the package. Then dump the bits on birthday cake ice cream.

Or beer with the words "chocolate" and "oatmeal" on the label.

<-- Rouge Chocolate Stout and New Orleans Style Cream Cheese ice cream beer float.

O.M.G. that float sounds good. Where can I find those ingredients? I'm not that far from New Orleans, but surely there is an equivalent somewhere nearby in a grocery store?
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Hot buttered PopTarts.

There's an idea! Never thought about buttering my Pop Tart. Guess what I'm having for breakfast today?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    If i'm not hungry, I just pat myself on the back, an extra pound lost is more worth it than having an ice cream.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    If I had 700 calories left, I'd eat a bowl of ice cream of 300 calories and still have a 400 calorie deficit , more of a deficit than I need.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I came to this thread thinking there was a simple response -- "Eat them." But, now I see this thread is about oh so much more..........

I am making notes for when, someday, I have calories left over and I can try out any of these amazing suggestions. Right now, it is usually a max of about 150-200 calories left over and I will have a beer or an ice cream sandwich :drinker:
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    For now that I am maintaining, I always have some of them Calories left over. If I am hungry, I'd snack on something but if I am not hungry, I will just leave it at that. *Used to go crazy to hit my Calories goal....I was still under my Calories goal yet woke up gaining, highly possible from too much sodium.* Even though I under my calories goal I can still gain from soidum....:(

....I know it's just water weight but it is not a nice feeling when you see the number gone up like that.
  • adiggs2777
    adiggs2777 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Smash a Heath bar while it's still in the package. Then dump the bits on birthday cake ice cream.

Or beer with the words "chocolate" and "oatmeal" on the label.

This is what mine should be.

Although it's close.

Wine.

Chocolate.

Or both.

And it's amazing what great motivation that can be some days.....

Chocolate wine. Its like Yoohoo with alcohol.