No Binge November!

Options

Replies

• jantura
    jantura Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bad day at work. I wanted to eat everything in sight in the cafeteria at lunch, BUT I DIDN'T !!!!!!!
    It was really difficult to control the urge to binge.
    I had to text my husband for encouragement.
    I managed to get through it, though. Barely.
  • andig8
    andig8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank Heaven for these type of challenges and goals. Was able to hold myself to one helping of everything at dinner last night. I was full and anything more would have been the beginnings of a binge.
  • friggie
    friggie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! We can do this!!!!
  • awebs89
    awebs89 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! It's been 3 days since my last binge.
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Me! Me!
  • foreverroses123
    foreverroses123 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm so sick of overeating all the time >< I'm having a really stressful period right now.. and I can't seem to get back on track :(
    Let's do this!!
  • fgf1786
    Options
    I am definitely in on this!

I'm going to get rid of the trigger foods, now! No Binge November starts today!

The truth is, food really is just fuel. It can taste good, but at the end of the day food is just food. I'm going to train my brain to learn the following:

1) Hunger is not the bane of my existence. Hunger is just a signal for food. It's OK to feel hungry, so long as I respect that sign and give the proper fuel I need at the most convenient time. I'm going to designate times for my eating windows for each meal and STICK with them. This will train my brain into not looking at eating/food as a source of obsession.

2) Food is FUEL, and if you eat mindfully, simple tastes great! I'm going to eat simpler foods that aren't loaded with reward ("healthy chocolate" "healthy pancakes" loads and loads of spices, etc). I'm going to eat like this for pretty much the whole time except for the designated times I plan to have my "treat meals."

3) Pleasure from food is very short-lived and temporary. I'm going to find other things in life that I know will only help me and give long-lasting reward in the long run.

4) Respecting hunger and fullness signals is the best way to respect the body! I will try to eat only when I'm hungry although it's not always possible. I will stop when I feel 80% full. At the same time, I'm going to make sure I eat enough food. My goal is to eat about 50-80 g of protein per day. 80g is ideal for my body size.

5) Treats CAN be enjoyed in moderation. Treats are just that...treats. I define "treat" as anything that one would eat outside of the house on special occasions. My brain always viewed treats as a trigger for binging. I'm going to face that demon twice a week from now on, to train my brain to NOT respond to the trigger. I'll eat the treat...but I won't binge!
  • laurennxmariee
    laurennxmariee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    me me me! i'm so beyond in! although i haven't had nearly as many bad days and i used to have, i still do have my binge filled days and i want to squash that all together. it's something i've dealt with for most of my life and it's time to stop letting it control me. let's do this!!
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I am in. Except for thanksgiving...

Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Since September first Ive had 7 BAD days. Not as bad as I originally thought, but not good at all.

I want to make November my best month ever! Who wants to join me?! (Ps Im going to start officially Oct 20th and all through Nov)

This means no days where I go overboard to the point that Im ashamed to log. Yes I can treat myself to a cup of ice cream, the occasional cookie, or a dinner out with friends and family. But I will make them fall with my personal goals!

WHO'S WITH ME!
    I'm in ... I could use some support.. .I was going along nicely and hit binge land, having a hard time leaving it. :o/

Looks like there's lots of interest, so we'll have lots of accountability. I also like that you shared about checking if we've run into a binge and think about why we hit that spot and then move on.

I really NEED to get to the 'move on' part.

Great idea..thanks for starting the topic:happy:
  • AnotherOrangeCat
    Options
    I'm in. Something I'm doing is not working, so I'm re-examining my food habits... again. I'm not really sure what I define for myself as binge, but now I'll be watching it. :huh:
  • thenewmoni
    thenewmoni Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've had an ok October but still have a bad junk food binge at least once a week. It would be great to last the whole month without eating chips in massive quantities..lol
  • AZKat527
    AZKat527 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm with you...I feel like the month of October has been on giant feeding frenzy.
  • neneh2
    neneh2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do I join please? Was doing really well but have had a few bad days recently (6,000+), and I'm struggling to work out why I do this to myself. Hopefully if I can commit to a full month it'll create some good, permanent habits. I'm in!
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. I want in!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    no binge today and I couldn't be prouder! :heart:
    I'm in too! It's been 3 days since my last binge.
    Just now saw your post... don't know if you'll see this but wanted to say Congrats! 3 days binge free is great... you're on your way!:drinker:

Looking forward to getting there soon myself... Seems day 3 with no binge marks something within me and I feel much stronger when I can go 3 straight days with none. It seems to not be so prominent in my brain then.

:happy:
  • karriechambers
    karriechambers Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    count me in!
  • blizzardsmom
    blizzardsmom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    we will be successful !!!!!! :-)
  • 1rainlee
    Options
    I'm coming back after a horrible Fri night and Saturday! This is just what I needed to see
  • rowbubble
    Options
    i joined this thread on the last day of october UTTERLY DETERMINED.
    i binged 7x in sept and 6x in oct. i was sick of the weight gain and the bloat and the guilt of hiding it from family.
    to date ive binged in november 5x.....
    as angry as i was, i realised that i needed to look at the whole scenario - yes i had binged. overall i binged less than last month. rather than hoping id never ever binge ever again in my life, at least im binging less every month, and hopefully one day ill be binge-free every month or only binge 1-2x a month.
    =)