MTD 41.75 / 50 Goal

Thanks.
  • dellsordahl
    Options
    6.5 miles today. 137 done. 13 to go
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Speed walked 4.3 in an hour on TM.. That thing gets soooooo boring but it was cold & breezy outside this evening!!

exercise.png
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Walk on my lunch break and C25K in the evening

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,327 Member
    Options
    =======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

EXCELLENT!!! A bunch more people have made goal!!!! TEXERUS, LINZNZEUSFITNFIGHT, CHEVY_SMART, CECI_O_K, HELLBENT_HEIDI, ABEACH1, and ME! :drinker::drinker::drinker:
    smiley-talk008.gif

@TAM6VAN - So sorry to hear your knee is still bothering you....I know it's hard, but just try to be patient and give it the time it needs. Yeah, it stinks and I know exactly how you feel, but it's not forever. Just figure out what you can do that allows it to heal and when it's time, you'll be back at it. :flowerforyou:

This month we have collectively moved 12,660 miles! And since this Challenge began three years ago this month, we have moved a grand total of a staggering 262,096 miles!!! WOW! That's some real moving!!

Keep up the great work and keep PUSHING FOR THE GOLD!

Dave
    Darkrider42
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Now that you've updated the spreadsheet already, here's my update for today.. :embarassed:

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,327 Member
    Options
    Now that you've updated the spreadsheet already, here's my update for today.. :embarassed:

exercise.png
    No worries, I gotcha! :smile:

Dave
  • shootingfor200
    Options
    40.1 complete
  • novaris2
    Options
    another 6 Km walked today

exercise.png
  • da1syJane
    da1syJane Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know it's late October but I'd still like to join!

My goal 40 miles.
  • da1syJane
    Options
    2.62 for yesterday!

exercise.png
  • da1syJane
    Options
    Thanks!
  • christenafreda
    christenafreda Posts: 212 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    :drinker: So many great updates today. Congratulations to all who have met or exceeded their goal. :drinker:
    :drinker: And great job for those of us that keep plugging along on our way to (or at least closer to) our goal.:drinker:
    For those recovering from injury I know you want to keep going but listen to your body and only do what you can :flowerforyou: We will still be here next month and you can join us then.:flowerforyou:

So many great things I want to comment on but.......I'm tired :yawn: Thanks Dave for the updates:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    No worries...we know you will take care of us when you can. :drinker: :drinker:

still working on it :happy: 5.25 miles today

October total: 116.75 miles

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,355 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing an amazing job!

Walked 6.22 today.

exercise.png
  • animefan914
    animefan914 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    @ Animefan - I half expected with a name of Animefan you would have an animated picture on your profile. :bigsmile: You are jugging right along! Keep up the great effort! :drinker: :drinker:

I have thought about putting an anime pic on my profile, but the problem is all the pictures are of "copyrighted material", and with my luck I would get caught. Thanks for the encouragement, though I hope not to have a repeat of yesterday. Most of my steps were to and from the dog groomers where I took my dog to get rid of his skunk smell. Why can't he learn that skunks are not husky puppies?:sad:

5.94miles today for a total of 131.42miles.
  • sam_gamgee
    sam_gamgee Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    125.98 miles completed out of 100 miles
    10/22: 3-mile run
    I had another GPS mishap, so I had to guesstimate. Didn't realize until now that I apparently lost signal in all of the apps about 6 minutes before I stopped. Luckily, at 1.5 miles, I had turned around and traced my route, so I know that I did at least 3 miles. Maybe I should take Dave's advice and not use a million running apps at the same time. :laugh: In my defense, this time, I did intentionally use one less app than I normally do. At one point when I was running earlier in the year, I was using six. :laugh:

Amelia, I really, really, really, believe that is 99% of the problem you're having with your running apps. It's just too much for the phone to keep up with when you have more than one app trying to access all of the data from the GPS signal! The GPS feed a LOT of continuous data. It's only a matter of time before they get behind in receiving the data packets and after one or two hiccups, your running app (or APPS) lock up. You really need to try going back to just one app....pick the one you trust the most and go with it. It may not be perfect, but if you remember to start* it at the beginning of your run, my guess is that it will keep up just fine. I personally still stand by Endomondo, but I never had any trouble whatsoever with CardioTrainer, MapMyRun, or* RunKeeper. There may still be the occasional time when your GPS in your phone cannot maintain contact with the satellites and pauses temporarily...like maybe when you're running in a heavily wooded area or past power transformers or lines. There really isn't a single thing you can do to prevent that.

Good luck. :smile:
    Dave
    The other thing you can do is remember your route, and map it out ("get directions") on google maps - tells you the distance, at least as accurately as a phone GPS. You can change it to "walking" so that footpaths etc can be chosen, and click and drag on the route to change it. If your start and end point is the same, add a midpoint as a destination.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options

I have thought about putting an anime pic on my profile, but the problem is all the pictures are of "copyrighted material", and with my luck I would get caught. Thanks for the encouragement, though I hope not to have a repeat of yesterday. Most of my steps were to and from the dog groomers where I took my dog to get rid of his skunk smell. Why can't he learn that skunks are not husky puppies?:sad:

@ Animefan - Skunk! Gotta love it. Did the groomer get rid of the smell?
  • texerus
    texerus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @ Tex - Was it that heavy wet snow or the light powder snow? How are the knees treating you in the cold weather?

It started off as a mix Tuesday night and Wednesday morning it was heavy floating flakes. Fortunately, most had melted by evening. This morning I have about another 2 inches of heavier snow. Temp's are in the high twenties. I currently reside in the U.P. of MI, but I hope to return to Texas after my service contract ends and loose the snow.

Knee seems to be doing fair. I take a 800 mg. script of ibuprofen for pain and wear a specialty brace that reinforces the outside of kneecap inwards for the most part of the patella femoral issue or just use the taping method.

My problem is when I feel pain in the knee it only makes me train harder!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    Another 25 miles added on. Up to 304 so far. I think I'm going to make it.

exercise.png