Cutting down on weed, weight gain

Options

Replies

• _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Quit smoking it and start eating hash brownies.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    0WitLYH.gif
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Also OP if weed is having a negative effect on your well being yes it would be good to stop or at least moderate its use.

Calorie surplus is the only way to gain weight.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

so much yes!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I have never puffed on the magic dragon, but my bro did...ALOT...And he turned into a fat *kitten*, i'm guessing from the munchies and what not...So i'm not sure what affect this is having on you.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I've been to the Drs about it and everything, and it seems to be the only thing that is causing it. Also, I know a few other people who have the same issue with smoking weed and gaining weight. Before I smoked weed, I was a little bit podgy, now I feel like I'm extremely underweight, and I'm not comfortable with it at all.

are you sure you are smoking weed?

eta: I would also be interested in what strains you are smoking and what amount.

Lol I love you Hayley!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    I have never puffed on the magic dragon, but my bro did...ALOT...And he turned into a fat *kitten*, i'm guessing from the munchies and what not...So i'm not sure what affect this is having on you.
    so this fatass, pothead brother of yours is single, yes? Lol kidding. :)
  • moreabs
    moreabs Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    lol at the people who think weed doesn't give you the munchies and make you eat more. WEED GIVES YOU THE MUNCHIES.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    In for getting the munchies and eating kale chips and freeze dried, Caesar flavored snap peas. Healthy smokers have figured out how to stay thin. Lol.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    lol at the people who think weed doesn't give you the munchies and make you eat more. WEED GIVES YOU THE MUNCHIES.

Weed doesn't give me the munchies it just makes taco bell taste especially delicious. This is a true story. Pls go back to your pink bathroom
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think weed does up ur metabolism... A person I know who used to smoke constantly was so tiny... He ate ALL the time because, well munchies but he was very thin... As soon as he quit he started gaining... So I believe what ur saying OP... Just my 2 cents... Also, this person used 2 have 2 take lower paying jobs due 2 not being able 2 pass a UA & within a year of quitting he has gotten a new job, 3 promotions & raises & is making triple the salary... I don't personally have anything against weed because I used 2 smoke & so did every1 I know... hell I grew up around it everyday but I think if u are thinking of quitting for personal reasons u should give it a try... Best wishes!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

I have dibs on the magic dragon smoking brother... sounds like he has something better than weed!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

I'm not sure if his PO is the jealous type :tongue:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

I'm not sure if his PO is the jealous type :tongue:

Lmfao.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    totally dude-
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Only time I had this issue was when I smoked all day every day and was too busy being stoned to eat... If i was hungry it was easier to smoke and forget about it than to get up and actually eat. Im serious.

I assume you;re just trolling, but, its funny, so, theres my response.
  • grandpoobah12
    Options
    Smoking definitely increases my appetite, and I eat a lot when I'm high. My diet is extremely healthy, but I do eat a lot of fried chicken, going through phases of eating it every day in an effort to gain weight, and it doesn't work! One thing that did help me gain weight is Dunn's River Nutrient shakes, but I can't really drink them because it messes with my stomach. I exercise everyday (that's a lie, I try to exercise everyday), and it does somewhat bulk my muscle. But it's not muscle I really need, it's fat. I smoke everyday at night, after I exercise. Some days I eat ALOT of food, but stick to healthier snacks like nuts and fruit. Sometimes I binge on fried chicken on an effort to gain fat, but it doesn't work. One thing that does work for me is Dunn's River Nutrient drinks, but I can't drink them everyday because it messes with my belly. I want to cut down on smoking for a variety or reasons, but don't want to stop smoking completely. This is why I a wondering, that if I did cut down to just one day of smoking, will it effect my weight, or will I need to stop completely before any change happens. Some days my eating can be abit poor, but most days I eat around 5-6 times a day.

Ha ha must be a smokers problem as you repeated it twice. If smoking isn`t messing with your metabolism it`s messing with your brain. Just a joke!

Why do you smoke so much? (recreation?, illness?) Maybe you don`t have any responsibilities? How can you have time to smoke 10 a day? Think about what all that tar is doing to your lungs. No filters on joints eh? Marijuana is not good for your lungs or your brain. It`s good to treat nausea, PTSD (limited positive results) some forms of depression (again limited results with limited dosage) and pain.

So what is your real health issue, maybe that is making you lose weight, while virtually all others gain when using marijuana, even cancer patients.

And seriously, what a good troll, why isn`t this in the chit chat section?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    Smoking definitely increases my appetite, and I eat a lot when I'm high. My diet is extremely healthy, but I do eat a lot of fried chicken, going through phases of eating it every day in an effort to gain weight, and it doesn't work! One thing that did help me gain weight is Dunn's River Nutrient shakes, but I can't really drink them because it messes with my stomach. I exercise everyday (that's a lie, I try to exercise everyday), and it does somewhat bulk my muscle. But it's not muscle I really need, it's fat. I smoke everyday at night, after I exercise. Some days I eat ALOT of food, but stick to healthier snacks like nuts and fruit. Sometimes I binge on fried chicken on an effort to gain fat, but it doesn't work. One thing that does work for me is Dunn's River Nutrient drinks, but I can't drink them everyday because it messes with my belly. I want to cut down on smoking for a variety or reasons, but don't want to stop smoking completely. This is why I a wondering, that if I did cut down to just one day of smoking, will it effect my weight, or will I need to stop completely before any change happens. Some days my eating can be abit poor, but most days I eat around 5-6 times a day.

I am thinking this is going to be my favorite post of the week, and it just officially made my day. Lol.
  • moreabs
    moreabs Posts: 86 Member
    Options

Weed doesn't give me the munchies it just makes taco bell taste especially delicious. This is a true story. Pls go back to your pink bathroom

lol, a true story. You injected 2 marijuanas and ate a taco. Haha. Goodnight.
  • mssgeni
    mssgeni Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Going by personal experience... I thiiiink the happy green plant might have boosted up my metabolism when I first started smoking. I ate pretty much the same as I was (was never home enough to eat what the munchies called for), but since I was so hungry all the time and I wasn't eating I lost a ton of weight. So much weight I felt anorexic and went to my all time low. When I stopped smoking for a while then the weight came back, but I was laid off at that time so I don't know how weed ties to that. :B

But again... when I started smoking I wasn't eating more, I just had a bigger appetite. Now that I am home a lot more often the munchies are just making me stay fat. :(
This discussion has been closed.