I want crunchy snacks!

Options

Replies

• greekfatty
    Options
    Oh god so many good ideas, thank you all!!!!
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Roasted veggies. Legit one of my favorite foods is roasted cauliflower- I eat it like popcorn in front of the TV. I will eat an ENTIRE HEAD of cauliflower roasted in 0.5 tbsp olive oil. Depends on size of head (I weigh it) but it's usually ~200 calories for the whole ginormous delicious salty-sweet snack. Oh yeah, don't forget the sea salt. 400 degrees, ~30 min (until edges get brown+crispy). Feast. Roasted green beans or broccolini are both amazing too- they come out like crispy fries.
  • pinklark
    pinklark Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Roasted chick peas are a great crunchy snack. Just open the can, drain, rinse, dry, add 1 teaspoon of oil and your favourite spices (i suggest curry or taco seasoning) and roast in the oven until crunchy

This! I made some yesterday and used a little garlic salt and black pepper to season them. They are delish and definitely satisfy that need for a crunch.
  • rwam
    rwam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    http://www.fibergourmet.com/Default.aspx?src=AdWords

I enjoy these crackers and they are quite filling/satisfying. They have a lot of fiber so make sure you drink water or something with them. The cheese crakers are pretty close to cheez-its or cheese nips. The nacho cheese crackers have a seasoning that tastes like the old/original doritos seasoning ( I didn't love them) and the wheat crackers are something between a ritz and a wheat thin.
  • JLgettinghealthy
    JLgettinghealthy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    A slice of cheddar cheese microwaved on a piece of parchment paper for a minute or so becomes this airy, crispy, crunchy snack. It's weird and awesome!

WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT

i can't wait to try it. i am nervous that my parchment paper & cheese habit will become expensive.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    tobacco
    toenails
    beef jerky

yeah, i was a gross cowboy in a former life.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Dry cereal - my personal favorite is Cheerios but I've snacked on Kashi Go Lean crunch and Frosted Mini Wheats as well

Apples

Wasabi peas - be sure to measure, these are addictive!

Nuts - the great thing about these is you can get them raw/natural or get them roasted with sweet or savory flavors (or do it yourself) so there's an endless variety. Definitely be careful on the portion control with these too as it's easy to get carried away.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Seaweed snacks, roasted and salted soy nuts, rice cakes, toasted low carb tortillas (from La Tortilla Factory or Fiber one wraps- cup them into bite size pieces, spray with nonstick spray and toss with seasoning, and then toast them in the oven.), sunflower seeds, cruciferous vegetables, baby carrots... etc
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Sea Salt Veggie Straws! They are awesome.
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Blue Diamond Nut Thins!! The Ranch flavor is awesome as is the Hint of Sea Salt. If you want sweet with your crunch, Special K Sweet n Salty popcorn chips are good. They're also good if you want quantity. 28 chips (at 120 cals) is a serving!
  • mfoulkebrown
    mfoulkebrown Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love all these ideas! Keep em coming!
  • happychic
    happychic Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just had apple slices. Also, try celery, trail mix, carrots or cucumbers.
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots cauliflower broccoli cucumbers
  • flywithgeorge
    flywithgeorge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I made kale chips last night, and let me tell you, omg!

Break the kale up into chip size pieces, removing the thick vein of the leaf; rinse

Preheat oven to lowest heat setting (mine was 170 degrees)

Toss Kale with Olive Oil; I think I used about 3-4 tablespoons for one bunch of kale, but I would start with less and add more if you have to. The "chips" should be just coated with olive oil, but not dripping.

Spread on baking sheets and sprinkle with salt and pepper (or other spices you would like).. (there is also a recipe for pizza kale chips on primalpalate.com!!)

Bake for 2 hours

Eat and be so incredibly happy ;)
  • superman_149
    Options
    http://www.cookingwithjax.com/2013/09/apple-chips.html

just make up a big batch of these guys! they're delicious!
  • flywithgeorge
    flywithgeorge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to experiment and try making a healthy version of a rice krispy treat... maybe with rice krispies, oatmeal, peanut butter, brown sugar... not sure yet. If anybody has some good ideas, please share.
  • Ggirl1313
    Ggirl1313 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i make home made granola with oats ,honey, cinnamon & crushed walnuts..mix then bake at 375 for 15-20 min.I made it to go on yogurt but love it just as is ..for a "crunchy snack!"
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Turkey or beef jerky . . . 1 oz is about 80 calories and high protein.
  • GettingMooreInShape
    Options
    Pickle spears! Just watch the sodium.