What's your average time running a 5K?

Options

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    My PB is 25:34.

I remember my first 5km was around 35 minutes.

I took a 5km running clinic with The Running Room and learned about 10 and 1's. After that, I was able to consistently finish comfortably. Working at it for awhile I was able to remove breaks in between, and now 5km is my warm up! :)
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm 16 and a pretty good runner. My 6km run is 18 min, and my 10 km run is about 41min.

Wow man. With an 18 minute 6k you're likely to be in the hunt for a state champion spot. Not many people can string more than 3 miles together at a 4:50 pace.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    PR - 19:45

Average - 20:45
  • RGv2
    Options
    I'm 16 and a pretty good runner. My 6km run is 18 min, and my 10 km run is about 41min.

Wow man. With an 18 minute 6k you're likely to be in the hunt for a state champion spot. Not many people can string more than 3 miles together at a 4:50 pace.

That would have won the US track and field championshps, of course, that can't be compared though.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    For those looking for a "mud run" this one looks SOOOO much fun. I'm not race ready yet, but maybe someday!

http://runforyourlives.com/

That looks awesome!! None near me though (boo!).

I'm doing this one in December! Right now my 5K time is about 38 minutes. Working on improving it while also doing strength training. I have to be able to do those obstacles!
  • HRCephei36
    Options
    Average 5K time is between 21 and 23 minutes. I'm 6'1" and weight around 200 pounds. Hope that helps
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    About 32 minutes. I'll never be a fast runner but I don't particularly care.
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have my first 5K this weekend. Scared to death, however, it's a zombie run with tons of obstacles, so I'm hoping I can coast a little between zombie attacks. :)
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    These days, about 4 hours
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    probably about 2 weeks!!
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    first 5-k 31:30, now 28;18, got one this weekend and running at 28:08 !
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Dec 2012 34:44.. Sept 2013 26:05

First 10k is this Sunday and hopefully a half very soon

yeah people told me forever to get off the treadmill and get outdoors and it took a while for it to sink in.. but its something that must be done

and yes you will slow down a decent amount in the transition..

this will be my first winter as a runner and I hope I can still do outdoors a decent amount
  • PaulDagg
    PaulDagg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's great going! keep perservering and you'll get quicker. Every lb lost is worth around 5-6 seconds in a 5k so if you're planning on losing more weight it'll probably happen anyway!

My 5k PB is 18:33, and I expect to go closer to the 17 minute mark next year - but I'm a semi-serious recreational runner.

At a local race this weekend, the first three home were timed between 14:46 and 15:02...

... but the last three home were closer to the 45 minute mark, so you can see there's an enormous range at every race.

To put it into context, I host a regular C25k programme. Of an average of say 50 participants, we'll have maybe 10% who run under the 30 minute mark by the end of the 8-weeks, and then another 10% who'll take longer than 40 minutes - the rest are slap bang in the middle, just like you!

Keep up the good work :)
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm down to around 30 mins but that's doing it on my own. I have't ran an actual timed 5K event - I usually do the 10K's instead. And I'm MUCH faster outside than I am on a treadmill for some reason!
  • naomipelley
    naomipelley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    running outside will be more difficult than running on a treadmill--however you will have the cheers of the crowd to keep you going....time might be slower, FYI. My average is 28-30 minutes outside and a bit faster on a treadmill.
  • DeeDoy
    DeeDoy Posts: 45
    Options
    Never done a 5k race but my fastest outdoors is 34.30 (its trail and has hills, mud etc) and on the treadmill it's 30 (sorry not sure of the seconds)
  • angielav
    Options
    Running 5k on treadmill, intervals, run 5 minutes, walk 2, in less than 37 minutes... want to build up so I can run without the walk.
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    My fastest time ever was 24:17.
    I can now run a 5k in about 26 minutes
  • RGv2
    Options
    21....ish.
  • ahperture
    ahperture Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My PB is 33:43. Still trying to hit the 30s mark