Do you count the number after the decimal point???

Options
2»

Replies

• LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I definitely count the decimal amount.
    I'm actually a bit irritated that MFP rounds the input values up to the nearest tenth ("I put in x.25, not x.3!").

Yes, I know this level of precision in meaningless, but I still like to keep track of it. I weigh daily, also, but only concern myself with the larger trends, not fluctuations.
  • BossBich
    BossBich Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I round up as well, so if it says 118.6 I round up to 119,
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Yes because every ounce lost is motivation to me!
  • gman94568
    gman94568 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about tenths of pounds. A cup of water weights about 0.5 lbs.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Ignore the decimal, simply because the scale isn't really that precise. Even the whole numbers probably aren't exact. I worry less about actual weight, and more about body fat percentage, anyway.
  • micheles234
    micheles234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!! It motivates me!
  • jillchavarria22
    jillchavarria22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree with Sunshhine. I count all of it.
  • rosemary98
    Options
    i count the decimal point. they do in my doctor's office...so why not? i do so with the understanding there are always fluctuations, however and not to get hung up on it.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I follow the rule that pi follows.. I take it as far as scientifically possible.
  • Tnahpelem
    Options
    I count it, just so that I don't feel discouraged if the scale doesn't move. So if it goes from 130.6 to 130.4, at least I know there is a small amount of progress.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    My scale measures to the tenth of a pound... i.e. 150.2 and I definitely count the number after the decimal point. I weight myself first thing in the morning in the nude :blushing: . Also I am very diligent about not going over my 2500 mg of sodium/day so my weight does not fluctuate up because of water, so any movement down on the scale, even if it is 0.4 pounds means something to me and it's very motivating. If however, you are the type of person that has a fluctuating weight because of water weight I would not pay attention to it.
  • bran26ju
    bran26ju Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I count it because every pound or part of is another pound or less loss so it all counts. I use the wii fit plus board as my scale.
  • cnave99
    cnave99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I do. My scale is digital- so when I weigh in weekly, I just put in whatever it says.

Its just data.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Nope! I round. But if I'm trying to break a goal, like get out of the 160s, if I get to 159.8 then I will count that as a loss.