Options
    Thanks
    :flowerforyou:
  • LaLa482
    LaLa482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Nerd alert

Naaawh, it's not done in C# ;)

Now, if he developed web app with a sql database back end and imported the data in on the other hand... ;)

Nice stuff, though the download link is dead, anyone else upload it please? =)

New version

http://bit.ly/HhXhfF

I've done web apps, and more dev languages than I can think of but I do not want to do this on a web service because I don't want to store people's data.

I've seen that a few people have issues with exporting the weight data so I will look into that.

Oh be still my heart! This is much more user friendly that what I put together.

Thank you so much for doing this! Awesome contribution!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Now there's the way to use a spreadsheet, awesome.
  • CarynMacD
    CarynMacD Posts: 230
    Options
    This is the most AWESOMEST thing ever. Definately beats my boring excel spread sheets. Thanks!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have been able to work out a different import method for the weight data that *might* solve the import issues for some people.
    (If you can't get the sheet to work at all and import any data - sorry this is a fix for those that could import some data)

I will be publishing a new version shortly - it has the following updates:

Improved TDEE calculation and outputs (it tells you the equivalent body fat based on a reverse Ketch McArdle solution)
    Improved feedback on protein and fat macro settings which take into consideration your bf% as set in the setup tab
    Two weight import methods (one used an XML file)
    TDEE calc bug repaired
    Weight trend graphing can be set to 30, 60 or 90 days.

Known issues

Import of data to calories and macros is slow - this is due to each date requiring a web query, I've thought about running off the XML files but that's a big rewrite with uncertain results
    Meal import is slow. C'est la vie.
    Weight import is a few minutes, really can make it faster without significant recode

Intent for future

I'd like to think about only loading partial dates and the possibility of just adding the latest missing data. Need to think about that fix.
    I'll also write a blog out about how this was done and possibly provide snippets for other if they want to play with the code.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Latest version 2.8

http://bit.ly/1bZtgf1

See note above
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Latest version 2.8

See note above
    in
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Was getting a lot of zeros for total calories (despite the food diary having a non-zero value). Came back here to see if others were experiencing the same thing and see that v8 is out. Guess I'll stop trying to figure out v3.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Bumping for FL...alas, I have a Mac and can not participate. :cry:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later when I'm on my own computer.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Much thanks for this. I worked on my own import for all of the items through the reports function, but it was more manual and clunky. I need to learn some VBA so I can automate more of it.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    The engineer in me just had an orgasm.... Thanks man!
  • jeicorsair
    jeicorsair Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    New version fixed (most) of the weight import issues for me. I tried both methods, and they got my weight stats. For some reason, it's still not calculating TDEE in the Graphs tab. Calc tab gives me eTDEE values, but nothing in the oTDEE (#DIV/0! and #N/A errors). Importing Calorie data is still just giving me dates as well, though I've been tracking that with my own spreadsheet so I'm not as worried about that. Using Excel 2010.
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    I previously could not get weight with the v6. in v8, the first method fails, the second method hangs (I stopped it at 25 minutes).
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    It looks fantastic! Unfortunately, I don't have the proper version of Excel. :cry:
  • ferreteers
    ferreteers Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Latest version 2.8

See note above

Will try tonight!
  • tallmansix
    Options
    Thanks, bump for downloading later. cheers
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Will try when I get home. Thanks for the hard work.
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bump for when i get home. thanks so much. Just what i was looking for
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I previously could not get weight with the v6. in v8, the first method fails, the second method hangs (I stopped it at 25 minutes).

This.