Urgent! Need to lose some fat Asap!!

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Drink half your weight in oz of water.

Drink green tea instead of soda.

Cut out processed carbs (bread, pasta, etc.) and limit starchy veggies (potatoes, corn, etc.).

Bump up your veggie intake and limit fruit to two pieces per day.

Bump up your cardio and lift some weights. Try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.

drink half your weight in water..??? What??? If I drank half my weight in water that would be like 85 pounds of water a day ...I might freaking burst..or die from peeing...

what does green tea have to do with anything?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    What is your ideas and tips on losing the most fat in this 5 weeks?

Very smart, talking of wanting to lose just fat, not weight.

No one, not even future hubby that must love you the way you are now, will see scale on your back with weight displayed. But they will see you. And fat loss is the most visible difference.

To lose the most fat in 5 weeks.

Set MFP to whatever activity level is honest, if you don't have a 40 hr desk job with long commute, and sitting on couch watching TV when not exercising - you are Lightly Active.

Set weight loss goal to 2 lb weekly, you can support that now.

To make it all fat lost for the most dramatic visible difference, strength train only.

Compound lifts, using barbell or dumbbells. You'll automatically be working the biceps and triceps one almost every lift.
    Heavy for you, such you can barely finish 3 sets x 8 - 12 reps with good form.
    Split routine upper / lower body 6 x week, that's 3 x each half of body. Should only take 30-45 min.

Log your workout time as strength training in MFP, take the calorie estimate even though it seems low compared to cardio, and eat it back, important.

The dual effect here is the lifting will help maintain existing muscle mass even though eating much less than normal, and the repair to get stronger burns fat for upwards of 24-36 hrs after the workout.

You do need to manually set your Goals for protein intake so the grams is equal to 0.82 x current weight, and fat to 0.35 x current weight, let the carbs fall where they may.

Meet your daily goal, don't think you are doing yourself a favor missing it by 100-300 calories. 50 over is better than 100 below type thing. If you can shove more calories in to 24 hrs post workout, the better the effect.

If you have more time, like a whole hr available, walk the extra. Whatever muscles are repairing will appreciate it.
    You do NOT want to interrupt the repair process with something that is intense and ruin that, that's the fat burner.

Here's a sample workout.
    Lower body day:
    Squat
    Straight-leg deadlift
    Deadlift
    Calf-raises
    Jack-knife situps

Upper body day:
    Bench press
    Bent-over row
    Incline bench
    Pull-ups
    Overhead Press
    Upright row

There's the recipe for the most fat loss. Oh, you will get very hungry as body really wants to improve with this workout, more than your diet will allow. Force it to use the fat by not eating more.

great idea, but will do nothing in five weeks...just saying..
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your positive and quirky responses. I had some good laughs and also some serious concerns, especially for those who dig so deep into my profile and previous posts. I still stand by what I have ever said on MFP. This is a looong journey for me and I am doing it the healthy way. I just wanted some ideas of loosing as much fat in 5 weeks as I can.

I wished I could have started 6 months ago, but then I had no idea about this cruise and the wedding thing only came up very recently.

Oh and I have been speaking about my fiancé as my hubby for almost 2 years now. Just a thing with me. But no, we are not legally married yet, so I am sorry if the word "husband" offends some people as he is not "legally" my husband.

I know my husband :bigsmile: loves me for me! That is one of the best things I love about him. Looking past all the weight and seeing me for me is the best ever.

I will walk away from this topic with 2 things : rather focus on my wedding and my husband :bigsmile: , than THE WEIGHT and be healthy.

Thanks all!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

How will a daily deficit of 1000 calories and strength training to maintain muscle mass do nothing?

I know the improvement on the bar or even finding the best weight will take a couple weeks, but that is still time with muscle under tension, and will help retain it, helping the deficit come just from fat.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I did the spontaneous "while we're there let's get married" thing as well, and don't regret it one bit. But I only had two weeks to prepare. I just bought a simple white dress that looked good on me as I was, enjoyed our vacation, and treasured my wedding.

You could always plan to have new professional photos done for your first or second anniversary when you're at your goal weight. You could buy a used wedding dress and have a fun trash-the-dress photo session. :)
  • ndj1979
    Options

How will a daily deficit of 1000 calories and strength training to maintain muscle mass do nothing?

I know the improvement on the bar or even finding the best weight will take a couple weeks, but that is still time with muscle under tension, and will help retain it, helping the deficit come just from fat.
    ummm because it takes four to six weeks for you body to adapt/show any changes...

I am just saying that regardless of what OP does it is not going to do much of anything in 5 weeks...

there will also be some serious water retention with that plan, so the OP will retain water and not lose as much as expected..

It is a good plan for long term benefit, but not really a short term one..
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I just got married 1 week ago and we are going on a cruise for our HM in 3 weeks! So I feel your pain.... honestly though, just eat as clean as possible and work out every day! Push yourself and aim for an hour a day and remain active throughout your day. I was scouring the boards for a quick fix just a week and a half ago, THEY WON'T WORK! Five weeks is time enough to lose a good chunk of weight, the right way. Tons of water and green tea.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    If you didn't care that much about what you looked just GOING on the cruise as you were... then what difference do you care now?

Your'e still there- if it was that important to you- you would have started 6-12 months ago.

5 weeks is nothing. I spent 4 weeks cutting at 1200 calories (that's BELOW my BMR) for a photoshoot- and I'd been cutting at a moderate deficit as it was... and training hard.

Clearly what you are concerned about isn't that big of a deal then- so don't let it be now. Keep doing what you are doing as far as your weight loss plan and go enjoy yourself.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd rather feel well-rested and well for my wedding/cruise than feel depleted and exhausted (and maybe 10 pounds lighter). Don't lose the big picture here.

However, if you do decide to do something drastic, make sure someone is recording the event. A good "bride faints at altar" clip will get you a lot of hits on youtube.

Perfectly said!

Yes. Besides, you will need to order your dress before and have it fit you on the day. Please do NOT order it a size small. The last thing that you need to start you marriage with is hunger, irritability, and more stress.

Just remember that he wants to marry YOU, not you with fewer pounds. Good luck and congrats!
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Start six months ago.

This^ ... It has taken me 3 months to lose 19lbs... there is no fast way to lose fat.... if there was I sure as hell wouldn't be here busting my *kitten* to lose weight slowly... Losing weight takes time, dedication and hard work.
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    High Intensity Interval Training and a reasonable and healthy calorie deficit.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Slimbettie's profile

My Inspirations

* My children and my husband.

What does your current husband think of your upcoming marriage?

winky.jpg

DWAMM!!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

ummm because it takes four to six weeks for you body to adapt/show any changes...

I am just saying that regardless of what OP does it is not going to do much of anything in 5 weeks...

there will also be some serious water retention with that plan, so the OP will retain water and not lose as much as expected..

You may be mistaking my focus on that suggestion.

The workout is not to cause the fat burn, it's to keep the muscle so the diet deficit ends up being only fat.

It doesn't take 4-6 weeks for eating at a deficit to show up. Even outside the big initial water weight drop, which true in this case will be offset by the water retained in repairing muscles, there will still be fat loss from day 1 of eating less than she burns.

If it took 4-6 weeks for eating at a deficit to show up, MFP would never make it because people would rarely stick it out not seeing results.

As to water retention in repairing muscle - stop the workouts 2-3 days prior to the cruise. Shoot, the alcohol will be flowing on the cruise, that'll help cause a whoosh effect too likely.

The request was how to drop the most fat, not make the most strength improvements, not lose all the weight, not lose so many pounds or inches in specific places. Lose the most fat, that's it.
    The vast majority of postings misread the request.

A deficit started right now will drop the weight and with that much to lose, likely mostly fat. The lifting routine I gave is just to help it all be fat. Not for looks by itself.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I got married in an impromptu way, and I just made sure that I felt fabulous in my dress. My SIL did a really nice job on my hair and it's something I am glad about when I look back at pictures. Focus on the things you can really control in such a short time, and have FUN. I see so many brides completely totally stressed out on what should be a wonderful day because they are too focused on making sure everything is perfect at the expense of actually being totally present.
  • AmberJewelCR
    Options
    Drink half your weight in oz of water.

Drink green tea instead of soda.

Cut out processed carbs (bread, pasta, etc.) and limit starchy veggies (potatoes, corn, etc.).

Bump up your veggie intake and limit fruit to two pieces per day.

Bump up your cardio and lift some weights. Try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.

drink half your weight in water..??? What??? If I drank half my weight in water that would be like 85 pounds of water a day ...I might freaking burst..or die from peeing...

what does green tea have to do with anything?

This is exactly what I thought
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Weight is just a number on a scale doll.

I bet he's marrying you because he loves you, not he wants you to lose weight.

Trust me, in the long run, there are more important things in life then trying to kill yourself in 5 weeks to drop weight fast.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    buy a good corset and be done with it.
  • srobertking
    srobertking Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Jumpstart-Skinny-Simple-3-Week-Supercharged/dp/0385393768

This is a pretty good short term diet. Bob Harper knows his stuff.
  • ndj1979
    Options

You may be mistaking my focus on that suggestion.

The workout is not to cause the fat burn, it's to keep the muscle so the diet deficit ends up being only fat.

It doesn't take 4-6 weeks for eating at a deficit to show up. Even outside the big initial water weight drop, which true in this case will be offset by the water retained in repairing muscles, there will still be fat loss from day 1 of eating less than she burns.

If it took 4-6 weeks for eating at a deficit to show up, MFP would never make it because people would rarely stick it out not seeing results.

As to water retention in repairing muscle - stop the workouts 2-3 days prior to the cruise. Shoot, the alcohol will be flowing on the cruise, that'll help cause a whoosh effect too likely.

The request was how to drop the most fat, not make the most strength improvements, not lose all the weight, not lose so many pounds or inches in specific places. Lose the most fat, that's it.
    The vast majority of postings misread the request.

A deficit started right now will drop the weight and with that much to lose, likely mostly fat. The lifting routine I gave is just to help it all be fat. Not for looks by itself.

well I respectfully disagree ..but I think it is a great plan for long term success...
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

I had some serious concerns, especially for those who dig so deep into my profile and previous posts.

I was kidding about the current husband thing. I 'assumed' that you were referring to your boyfriend as your husband in your profile.

As for people digging 'so deep' into your profile and previous posts? This is the internet, and as such, no one can be taken at 'face value.' I've only been on MFP for a short time, and I've already seen a pattern of deceit with various posters. I've noticed on several occasions, that extremely underweight females will post in one thread, that they are looking for fast methods to drop more lbs, and in another thread, will post that they have an ED, and are looking for help.

Since most MFP'ers are trying to help, they don't want to be misled, by people who make conflicting statements in various posts, and who completely misrepresent themselves. I am NOT saying that you did this.... but someone was trying to point out, that you yourself stated that you didn't want a quick fix, and here you were looking for one. So, while you might not appreciate the tactic, that poster was trying to show you with your own words, why this was maybe not a good idea.

tvhero4.jpg