only lunch option is fast food today...

Options
I have just joined this site and need help. I have been doing the cabbage soup diet which worked, but I just can't do it anymore so I found this site. Today, my only option for lunch is fast food. Does anyone have any idea what I should eat?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Look up calories in MFP before you decide............

Every fast food restaurant should have 1 or 2 healthy things on the menu
  • pltjess
    pltjess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    When I'm really craving fast food, I'll hit up Wendy's. The Jr. cheeseburger deluxe isn't so bad, and sometimes I'll splurge and get a value size fry as well. They also have the baked potatoes and chili which aren't terrible options!
  • kjimmie4848
    kjimmie4848 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Subway? Subway salads are good.

ETA: I've done that soup a couple times. Do go too hard on fatty foods right after. I guess it would depend on how long you did it for, but take it easy on your digestive system for a day or 2.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    That is up to you, every fast food place pretty much has healthy options, and calorie count listed. If I were you, I would go on to a couple of their websites, and plan out some meals in your calorie range that you have, and decide from there. Don't ever be scared to eat out some place, just plan in advance. Oh and don't ever do the cabbage soup diet again.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I have just joined this site and need help. I have been doing the cabbage soup diet which worked, but I just can't do it anymore so I found this site. Today, my only option for lunch is fast food. Does anyone have any idea what I should eat?

how is it possible that you could have that that was remotely close to a good idea?

Good lord. Exhausting.

sigh. Soup- go for a heavier soup and some light stuff- chicken salad or something. your system is going to have a conniption fit the second you put real food in it.

You put a burger in your tummy after even like 3-4 days of cabbage soup only- and it's going to die. or explode- in your toilet- either way it's not going to be pretty.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    just wondering why fast food is your ONLY option today?
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I googled and the cabbage soup diet is a real thing. I repeat, it's a real thing.
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I googled and the cabbage soup diet is a real thing. I repeat, it's a real thing.

So is 'juice cleanse' and that crazy lemon/maple/cayenne thing.

Just because it's real thing doesn't make it good thing.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Stick to the value menu: McDouble, small fries.
  • DanielleLisa222
    DanielleLisa222 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Burger King Veggie Burger - No Mayo
  • Saraisamom
    Saraisamom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you are coming off of a crazy soup diet, you should stick to a side salad or something with a small amount of meat. Your stomach is going to be hurting if you toss back a burger right off the bat.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

I know about juicing and the master cleanse but cabbage soup diet is news to me.
  • losing4799
    Options

I've tried that cleanse you mentioned (friend made it in highschool for school thing). It tastes so weird. :drinker:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You should back away from the cabbage soup and eat fast food daily. Salads are great. Chicken sandwiches. Milkshakes.
  • missiebk
    Options
    McDonald's premium wraps with grilled chicken are good. I think the sweet chili one has like 360 calories. I've had that in a pinch when something to go is the only option. I also like their salads. The southwest with grilled chicken is good.

Anything has to be better than this cabbage soup thing.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Fresco tacos at Taco Bell!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Whopper JR and Wendy's JR with all the veg are actually fairly light and well balanced meals.
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You can order a lot of things at Taco Bell fresco style, which makes it healthier. Chicken tacos fresco style are actually a pretty good option.
  • geerunz
    geerunz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    ^THIS.
    There are almost always other options besides fast food, and if fast food truly is your only option select wisely especially coming off a fad diet like cabbage soup.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    ^THIS.
    There are almost always other options besides fast food, and if fast food truly is your only option select wisely especially coming off a fad diet like cabbage soup.

Edited because I am stupid and didn't realize that she said she is no longer doing the cabbage soup diet.

Regardless, why all the fast food hate. Yes, it's high in sodium, but you can find low calorie options.