Replies

• RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I was a fat band geek.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Never fit into a group. Graduated in 1972, but ws never in the Hippie movement. Was a Football player and wrestler, but never fit in with the Jocks.

Had one best friend and one girlfriend.

Never drank, did drugs or got bad grades.

I was just like 90% of the rest of the world.
  • westoweighless
    Options
    I was a fat band geek.
    NOT FAT ANYMORE!
  • RichardUK1974
    RichardUK1974 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think its spelled click.
    A "click" is a sharp, short sound like you might hear when you hit a key. "Clique" derives from the French "cliquer," which means "to click," but the French spelling "clique" carries the meaning of "exclusive group or set."

umm, French isn't allowed on MFP forums. You can read the guidelines that only English is allowed. Hence why I told OP that it is click, not clique.

Please don't try to force your french upon us. Theres a reason America is a Super Power

Oh my gosh! You're so right. How could I have forgotten?! Everything that Americans say is correct and English is not in fact derived from a dozen other languages from which we continuously steal words!

Thank you for correcting me, my red white and blue comrade!!!!!11!!

Nice post.

I really hope that Taunto has been trolling rather than expecting to be taken seriously. I can speak fluent French but I love the English language with a passion.

And even if he has been talking seriously, I can't be mad with the guy. Here's what he writes in his profile: "- video game addiction: World of Warcraft. I cannot even begin to explain how much that game have ruined my life, not just health wise but everything. I know I'm to blame but that game alone have ruined the last atleast 4 years of my life. "

What a sad thing to say about yourself. I hope you are getting your life back, Taunto.
  • Beautifulreflections
    Options
    I won't bring race in here but I fell in to the only crowd who would accept me. The bad girls/boys clique is where I stayed throughout high school. The drinking, smoking, fighting, drug taking, having sex sort of group (although I did NOT do drugs and have random sex it was thought that I did)...

Damn I hated those b**tches...lol
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    The anti-clique...misfits. Moody kids that you weren't sure you should be afraid of or feel sorry for.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I was an artfag/scifi geek.
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I was a fat band geek.
    NOT FAT ANYMORE!

Well thankya!
  • _G4BR13L_
    _G4BR13L_ Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    President and Founder of the UBER GOOBERS! lol
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Outcasts and misfits?
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I was in with the bad girls/delinquents, smoke, drink, party and rock and roll. :smokin:

^^^ This!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I was the head of my own clique. Very exclusive. Just one member.

Not really, but high school mostly sucked. Kids were cruel.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I was in jr high & high school during the grunge era of the early to mid 90's, and I was the classic "alternative" girl, think Claire Danes from My So-called Life meets Kim Gordon from Sonic Youth. I was so cool unlike now LOL.

But ACTUALLY...even though I got along with the other "alternative" types, more of my real friends that I hung out with away from school were in the "gangsta" group, especially my girlfriends...and the guys I dated were more of the "stoner" metalhead and jock types. Not in crowd jocks, but periphery jocks.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Spent most of HS high or looking to get high, but couldn't stand the company of the stoners. So, I hung out with the only person who could consistently tolerate me....me.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I was a chameleon and blended in with everyone. Worked that to my advantage because I took pics for the school newspaper and most people didn't know their pictures were being taken and were like "holy crap, you took that picture. I didn't even see you there".

Other than that, I was not much of a social dude, was shy, just did my thing and kept a low profile. It was only later in life the the evil darkside come out to play....
  • zagon_the_ultimate
    zagon_the_ultimate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I wasn't in a clique, or rather a clique of one. I didn't have a very good high school experience, so I graduated early.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    What clique were you in in high school?

Didn't really get roped into just one, thank goodness. I was kinda a friend to all.

I ran cross counrty so hung with the jocks.
    I played guitar and started a guitar club, so hung with band geeks and club preps
    I was in honors English, so I hung with the smart kids
    And I partied like a rock star, so I hung with the freaks.

Also loved punk, grew up country and worked a ranch, etc.

Really was odd.
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Jock. I only had one class my senior year, so I spent the rest of the day in the Gym helping out.
  • 2DogsBarking
    Options
    Hardcore nerd.

Video games. DnD. Magic the Gathering. Most dudes in the group wore fedoras. Hardcore.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    poor kid clique? We didn't do drugs, I was the only one who attempted to take any math over prealgebra, no anime, no goth, no sex, no sports, just a couple of girl friends. We were pretty boring.