only lunch option is fast food today...

Options
2»

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I remember the cabbage soup diet being all the rage with middle aged ladies in the early 1990s. I did not know it was back.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    ENJOY :)
  • sepulchura
    sepulchura Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Fitness magazine on line has an article about 30 Surprisingly Healthy Fast Foods, covering the majors.

MFP is going to have pretty much any menu item logged in the food database.

While I'm a fan of encouraging people to eat healthy, I don't always practice what I preach so when I indulge, I use MFP (or other data sources) to determine what calories I'm taking in so I know where I'm at on my food intake for the day.
  • SaraC1977
    Options
    Grilled chicken sandwhich from anywhere, no mayo and add a little honey mustard. No fries!

Basic burger not a bunch of extras on it just lettuce, tomato onion and maybe some mustard of ketchup.

Same thing with fast food salads. No bacon or eggs but grilled chicken is good along with some kind of balsamic vinegarette on the side so you can limit the amount you put on.

Someone else mentioned taco frescos from Taco Bell. Those are good because no sour cream and cheese, just meat and veggies.

I also go to Potbelly's, Jimmy John's for subs. Usually get veggie or turkey sub and stay away from all the toppings unless it's veggies. I might have cheese but then no mayo. If you really want mayo, skip the cheese and don't add chips.

Best one in my opinion is Chipotle. They have great food that you can make anyway you want. I usually go for the bowl and don't get rice or beans because they add a lot of extra carbs and calories. I choose a meat (usually chicken or barbacoa) and then all the veggies, add guacamole (cause it's good for you in moderation) and no sour cream, very ltitle cheese.

Hope that helps!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Subway Tuscan Chicken Chopped Salad
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I don't eat out much at all anymore, and when I do have fast food, I choose Subway, veggie delight, no cheese, with red wine vinegar on wheat. I get a 12" and save half of it for the next day.
  • Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Sometimes fast food is the only option, especially if your in a car load of people and they dicide where to eat. It would be a good idea to take a few minutes and go to websites like Mcdonalds, Burger King, Wendys, Taco Bell, Arbys etc to find some lower calorie options and WRITE THEM DOWN in your phone ( I use Evernote) so you can quick find them in a pinch if you need to.

In a perfect world you would never need this info because you would be making all your own foods and would never eat processed foods, fast foods and the like. Buuuuuut... this is not a perfect world and to have a few ideas written down for quick refrence is better, waaaaay better than being put on the spot of having to guess when your ordering.

I have a few food choices from every fast food chain in my area for quick reference.. as long as you stay at your calorie goal you technically can eat anything you want.

But take my advice and spend some time doing your research and find foods you can eat anywhere. Please. Its a HUGE help I swear!!
    All the best! Nix :flowerforyou:
  • sypop
    sypop Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i like to just get a couple tacos...but i love tacos....
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I usually get the kids' meal because it's usually under 600 calories and pretty filling. They even come with little desserts if you're having a sweet tooth moment. Both the Burger King and McDonald's current kids' meal sizes used to be the adult sizes when the franchises first started - it's usually plenty of food for lunch.
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    So what "fast food" is available to you? If and when I hit up some where it's In N Out for a double hamburger no sauce extra tomato & onion protein style !
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Many burger joints have grilled chicken. If it's a sandwich shop, I usually try to go for chicken/turkey sandwiches (on whole grain if possible) and I never get fries or potato chips and avoid soda too.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Any grilled Premium McWrap from McDonalds - 350-500 calories and they are yum.