Options
kimel
kimel Posts: 56 Member
Wondering if anyone has breakfast ideas that don't include eggs. Thanks:smile:

Replies

• TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Yogurt (Greek or regular, plain) or Cottage Chees w/ Fruit ...

ETA: Any food or combo of foods can be breakfast ... breakfast is just the time you eat, not what you eat ...
  • stygmah
    stygmah Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love smoothies. Unsweetened almond milk, vanilla extract, natural whey protein isolate, half a banana, tbsp chia or flax and choice of flavourings: real cocoa tbsp, oz of espresso etc. blend till smooth. google hormone diet smoothies. I sub the soy for almond milk but so yummy just the same.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal.
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have two go-to breakfasts:

1) 1/2 cup fiber one (or a cereal of your choice) mixed with some greek yogurt (I use the muller greek corners). Tasty, crunchy and very filling if you use a high-fiber cereal. The greek yogurt also has a decent amount of protein.

2) 1 piece of whole wheat toast, smeared with 3 tablespoons of roasted red pepper hummus (or your favorite hummus flavor), and chopped veggies on top! I usually use about 1/3 of a red bell pepper and 1/3 of a medium cucumber, then I eat some of the leftover veggies on the side. Healthy, tasty, and filling.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,213 Member
    Options
    Overnight Oats
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    My daughter has a severe egg allergy. She's almost 3. She usually has cottage cheese, steel cut oats, and fruit. I figure the cottage cheese has protein/calcium, the oats have fiber, and then the fruit, well, it is fruit! I usually add a bit of flax oil to the cottage cheese for some fat.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Plate of bacon.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    One more for oatmeal. I didn't love it as a child .. but now I think it is healthy and not too bad.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options

Steel cut oats with sliced apple. I buy Bob's Red Mill brand, which are sold in most grocery stores. You can also buy steel cut oats in bulk. I order them from Amazon now because I can get them for half the price sold in the local stores and then I keep them in the freezer. I cook one package at a time, which lasts 4-5 days in the fridge. I heat some every morning and slice an uncooked apple into the bowl. Steel cut oats taste better than regular oatmeal.
  • kimel
    Options
    Tks for all the great ideas :smile:
  • ImRemko
    ImRemko Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I make my own ham and cheese grilled sandwiches: 2 slices of lightly toasted bread, with 15g of 30+ cheese and 20g of grilled ham in between.
    ~225 kcal, 30g carbs, 6g fat, 24g protein.

One or two of those with 250ml of 0% fat milk. Love it.
  • If you're allergic to eggs or don't like them, try vegan egg-like substitute products. : )
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
    Author: Leanne Vogel
    Allergens: Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free, Sugar free, Yeast free, Corn free
    Prep time: 5 mins
    Total time: 5 mins

Serves: 2 cups, 1 serving

This smoothie is creamy and light. Not only will it add extra fiber to your day, but having pumpkin in the morning will keep you fuller, longer!

Ingredients

1 cup non-dairy milk – I used unsweetened almond milk
    ½ cup canned pumpkin
    ½ banana
    1 tbsp raisins or ½ tsp maple syrup
    ½ tsp gluten-free, alcohol-free pure vanilla extract
    ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
    ⅛ tsp ground ginger
    pinch ground nutmeg
    pinch ground cloves
    pinch all spice
    vegan coconut whipped topping – I used 2 tbsp honey and omitted the vanilla in this batch (optional)

Instructions

Place everything but whipped topping in the blender.
    Blend until smooth
    Pour into your favorite glass and place a couple tablespoons of coconut whipped cream on top.
    Sprinkle with cinnamon if you’d like!

http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/recipes/
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I don't like eggs :grumble:

Here are a few of my low calorie breakfast ideas, all under 300 calories:

-Bagel thin, light cream cheese, thinly sliced granny smith apple, sprinkle of cinnamon - put under broiler to warm and crisp
    -mini wheat tortilla, crumbled morningstar patty, 1/8c 2% shredded cheddar cheese - warm under broier, top with salsa
    -whole wheat sandwich thin, 2t planters nutrition energy berry mix
    -better oats 100 cal packet, 1/8c dried fruit and nut mix, splash soy milk
    -soy yogurt, 1/8 c fiber one crunched up, 1/8 c diced dried fruit

Slainte! :drinker:
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Overnight Oats

I am grooving on this one lately---->http://www.theyummylife.com/Slow_Cooker_Apple_Cinnamon_Oatmeal
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup of non fat Greek yogurt, half a banana and 1 Tablespoon of 'light' peanut butter... blend it until smooth it's about 230 calories super filling and you can make it the night before and put it in the fridge...it's yum! you can add a bit or honey if you like
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i like oatmeal with unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon mixed in, tastes like apple pie nom nom nom.

also oatmeal with pb and pure maple syrup and banana mashed in.

oatmeal with chocolate protein powder and pb

yogurt with fruit and granola (greek for more protein).

tofu scramble with salsa, avocado, peppers, onion, mushrooms and salsa. almost like scrambled eggs/breakfast burrito but with the tofu instead.

blt works for breakfast too.

toast with pb

cottage cheese with salt and pepper or with fruit

smoothies with yogurt, coconut milk and fruit maybe a little protein powder.

bagel with cream cheese, lettuce, tomato and red onion slices, cucumber too. if you eat meat then add some lox to it

breakfast is awesome
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    hash browns with peppers, onion, and bacon
  • kimel
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the ideas they are greatly appreciated :smile:
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options