30 Pounds By Christmas? 10wks. Start 10/18 JOIN!

Options

Replies

• bowling_king_82
    bowling_king_82 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. Took 2nd place in the biggest loser challenge at work last spring, gained 10 of it back. My dad had a heartattack at age 55 just last week. What an awakening. I'm only 10lbs lighter than him.

Starting weight 282.0
    Starting the week behind, but Monday 10/25 goal 278.0
    Goal by X-mas 252.0
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Hiya everyone. :flowerforyou:

I drank 12 cups of water, and did 20 minutes of dancing.

For my workouts for today..I did 45 minutes of the wii, 20 minutes of Tae Bo all on my own without the video as well as 30 minutes of walking at Walmart. I did 100 jumping jacks, 25 squats, 20 crunches, and 40 wall push ups and some wrist weights for arm extensions. I want to succeed in the challenge and willing to give up all my free time to bust my butt to get it done.

In the next day or two, im getting a medicine ball to help me with strength training. :smile:

Feel free to add me if you wish, I apologize for any newbies i missed so if you do not have me as your friend, please add me so we can keep each other up to date. :bigsmile:
  • Margoose38
    Options
    I'm IN!!!!! I was down to 164 last year in April and now I back up to 184. Boooooooooooooo!!

Now: 184.5
    X-mas: 154.5

I will send you a friend request.... I had my nutrionist friend help me set my cals/protien/fat and carbs last year but I still have trouble finding foods that make me happy and full, etc... like today, I am way under my cals, but I can't think of another thing to eat!!

Thanks for starting this!

Margaret
  • Margoose38
    Options
    I am not sure if I replied in the correct place or not earlier - but I am IN and very excited to have found this little group!!

Now: 184
    Xmas: 154

I will send you a friend request right now.... THANKS!!

Margaret
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Ok People...

Challenge for THURSDAY

10/21

Exercise for 50 minutes! (yes, I'm raising the bar slowly!)

10 glasses of Water

Under calorie goal

Have a healthy dinner with family or friends. Explain your new challenge for yourself. Ask them to encourage you! Also, ask if they would like to join you for exercise and eating healthy.

Make sure to post your results here! I would love it if we could inspire our friends and loved ones! How cool would that be?
    We would be good examples for our children, spouses, parents, friends, EVERYONE! That would make me feel so good!

Can't wait to hear all your success!

Much love and support!

WE CAN DO THIS!!

HUGS!

Tausha
  • simplykim419
    simplykim419 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to call it a day but wanted to check in. Way under on calories today and got all of my water in, in fact, I thought I was going to float away.

My body is so sore now. When I am at work, I am on my feet the entire time. So at this point, I can barely move. I am hoping the pain subsides so I can go work out tomorrow, it just may not be the entire 50 minutes.

Good job everyone and tomorrow, I should have some time to friend people.
  • TheDash12
    Options
    Hey checking in with all of yalls!

So today I didn't have breakfast (shame shame I know) But I did have a healthy snack,which I was surprised! Im not usually the best with snacks! Lots of protein in my meals today, which is good because I WORKED IT PEOPLE! haha

I did a spin class at my gym for 50 minutes and didnt stop! Then right after that I did ZUMBA for an hour. People if you havent done a Zumba class yet, DO IT! All I can at the moment lol

Those classes had me DRENCHED in sweat, not the cutest look but, as you all know, it'll be worth it! So I was well hydrated. More than 10 cups maybe 15 or so.

And after all that I was Waaaaay under my calorie goal. So I had been craving something sweet. Got me some Skinny Cow ice cream. Had a few bites and was satisfied

Good day. Cant wait to get tomorrows challenge down.

LOVING this site at the moment <3
    Hope you all are having a good day/week
  • TheDash12
    Options
    Why isnt my little tracker showing up?
    Can you see it or is it really not there. HOW do get it to show up on your posts??

Im proud of my little 4lbs lost. lol
  • Brokerjill
    Options
    I just joined this site. I would like to join your challenge. What do I do next?
  • Brokerjill
    Options
    I just joined this site. I would like to join your challenge. What do I do next?
  • TheDash12
    Options

Hey,

I think you just want to put down your starting weight and post what the goal weight would be....30LBS LESS WOOT WOOT!

And it looks like there's is going to be a challenge every day that you should do to help you along the way.
    Today we had to just dance for 10mins during our day.

The main rules/challenges (how ever you look at it is):
    Drink 10 glasses of water a day
    Be UNDER your calorie goal for the day.

:D Hope this helps!
  • rstring
    rstring Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm in!
    SW:276
    CW:268
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 10/20 challenge results:

water: check!
    under calories: Check!
    45 minutes of exercise: Today was my rest day but I did walk around campus for about 25 minutes.
    10 minutes of dance: nope. I feel like a dork if I try to dance.
  • brieski24
    Options
    Can people still join?? If so I want in!!
  • fsuxo2003
    Options
    Man - you guys are killin' me! Was SO going to take today off....(ran a 5k last night even with 60% chance of rain AND no clean sports bra.....sorry TMI).....and I'm running a 5k Sat BUT I want to keep up, so will try to walk the pooch for a bit tonight as my cardio. Does doing 4 loads of laundry count for exercise??

Already on cup 6 of water, banana for breakfast and quaker rice snacks mid-morning....they are sooooooo good!

Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are a MUST! Another good food is Laughing Cow cheese wedges - only 35 calories!!! So yummy!

Good job everyone!
  • kloe49
    kloe49 Posts: 1
    Options
    I would like to join too.
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - happy Thursday.

Thurs. Challenge:
    I had a big workout session today: 60 min of cardio and 40 min of weight training and physio. The cardio was at a low to moderate pace - still recovering from injuries!

I'm not even close on my water intake. I still have half my water to go. Going to fill up my large glass right now.

I should be under my calories today.

I'm thinking of giving up alcohol until Christmas. I love wine and my social life seems to revolve around cocktail parties and pub nights, so this is no small thing. Still, last year I experimented for 4 months with ZERO alcohol and dropped weight. My friends were convinced that I was pregnant LOL. *sigh* I don't want to do it, but I DO want to get back on track with my fitness and weight goals.
  • mrspelzel
    mrspelzel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wanna join...

I am up for this challenge and definitely need the inspiration and encouragement from others.

Looking forward to making new friends and meeting goals together.

Thank you for the invite,
    Patty
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    Ok People...

Challenge for THURSDAY

10/21

Exercise for 50 minutes! (yes, I'm raising the bar slowly!)

10 glasses of Water

Under calorie goal

Have a healthy dinner with family or friends. Explain your new challenge for yourself. Ask them to encourage you! Also, ask if they would like to join you for exercise and eating healthy.

Make sure to post your results here! I would love it if we could inspire our friends and loved ones! How cool would that be?
    We would be good examples for our children, spouses, parents, friends, EVERYONE! That would make me feel so good!

Can't wait to hear all your success!

Much love and support!

WE CAN DO THIS!!

HUGS!

Tausha

Checking in before work:

70 minutes of exercise
    Water check
    Will be under my calorie goal for the day
    I won't be eating dinner with friends/family but I am having Salmon, applesauce and baby carrots for dinner. My coworkers are all pretty health conscious so we discuss a lot of nutrition related content at work.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    today we have walked around the shopping center for 2hr solid. before we went home we stoped for lunch, i thought dh (darling husband) was going to take use to mc d's but tescos for sandwiches it was but we did have a choc milkshake b4 we left. i have just relised how meny cals there r in them woops, there goes my walking cals i got bk. o well.
    I have been doing the Biggest Loser on the wii it can be hard, i have probs doing jumpping jacks. I have done 30 mins today so far.
    I also have Your Shape on the wii which i intend on doing tonight with my exercise ball, i might have to wait till dh goes to bed to do it as u need no1 moving around as its uses a camera with motion