Options

Replies

• losing4799
    Options
    seek a professional. hope all is well:heart:
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    500 cal burn workout is like the equivalent of working out at a SPRINT pace for 50 minutes. I'm thinking you're burning way less than you think. Also, your body is in starvation mode. 1200 cal intake for working out 6 days a week is way too low. Eating that few lowers your metabolism and has a counter affect. I would also try shorter but more intense workouts as a change.

^^^^^^What she said. I'm also wondering if you entered your stats into the HRM correctly.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    You have clearly slipped into a mirror universe where there is a major variation in the fundamental principles of biology and physics.
    Is dubstep still a thing there?

In the unlikely event that this is not the case, you are either monitoring your weight or intake/output incorrectly
  • shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Drink green tea .eat what u like enjoy eating , be patient And have peace with yourself ,Stress can messed up everything .

you put your body in starvation mood ,net intake 400-500 !!!!!

I dont know your medical history but very unlikely u have hypothyroidism ,Dry skin? puffy face? loosing hair ? dyslipidema?
  • mitchiemo
    mitchiemo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Go here (if you have not already) http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

Then adjust your goals and food diary settings. You might need to eat more. After logging for a bit you should learn to eat intuitively.

Also be aware that MFP database cannot be absolutely accurate as many of the records are member input plus food labeling has a 25% error window.

Then only concentrate on your measurements and how you look in a mirror and feel in your clothes.

Consider other factors that could be affecting you - medical conditions (thyroid, metabolism, diabetes etc.) including psychological (lack of sleep, depression, stress etc.), and so on. If you feel this is the case seek professional advice.

Good luck!
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm having a similar problem... I remember last time I had weight to lose it took a month or two for the scale to move despite my hard work. I'm going to try and eat a little more and see if that helps.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say. If everything you say is accurate, your body is violating basic laws of science. You say you are consuming much less energy (calories) than you are burning but you are still gaining mass.

This right here. It is actually impossible to make something from nothing. You cannot get excess from a deficit.

Truth is, you are eating more calories than you burn.
  • staystrong_314159
    staystrong_314159 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think you're not eating enough. If you exercise as much as you do, bump it up to 1,500 calories and then in a few weeks, it might start dropping. Also, did you revcently start to exercise? If so, then the weight gain is natural and you just have to wait it out for a week and a halfish.
  • CHRISTTY33
    Options
    Have you ruled out high sugar and cholesterol issues? When is the last time you had a physical or blood work.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    500 cal burn workout is like the equivalent of working out at a SPRINT pace for 50 minutes. I'm thinking you're burning way less than you think. Also, your body is in starvation mode. 1200 cal intake for working out 6 days a week is way too low. Eating that few lowers your metabolism and has a counter affect. I would also try shorter but more intense workouts as a change.

That's what I was thinking because I eat 1400-1600 calories a day and I think maybe only once burned 500 calories in a day and I lose quite well.

I'm relatively new at this wonderful healthy lifestyle but burning 500 cals a workout is an intense workout !

Good luck OP.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    At the OPs stats, burning 500Kcal per workout is highly unlikley, for starters.
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Nice job on achieving MAXIMUM GAINS
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Troll's have a really slow metabolism it comes from living under bridges in the dark!

Try eating the odd goat or two as the cross your bridge, this might help!
  • cathyislosin
    cathyislosin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Burning 500 cal for me is walking at 4.0mph for 1.25 hours on the treadmill. Most people burn 100 cal a mile at a brisk pace. Having read "a calorie counter" article from the link in the previous post, it seems likely mathematical errors are the culprit, underestimating calories consumed and overestimating calories burned. For me, this was my issue, too. Not drinking wine anymore definitely helped my calculations, in more ways than one!
  • ImNothingWithoutChrist
    Options
    This is NOT a race. The body is a smart machine and will plateau...
    (the rest continue on my page)
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You should probably consider seeing your doctor, or at least a nutritionist.

If I ate that lower number of calories, I wouldn't be able to think correctly, let alone exercise.

I have around 1200 calories just for my dinner.

Can I borrow those please?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Open your diary please.

This is the best answer yet.

Also, HRMs are not accurate for strength training and can be unreliable for other cardio depending on what they are. They are intended for steady state cardio.
  • Dunsirn
    Dunsirn Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i smell a troll dining heartily on your concern and opinion om nom nom nom nom...

oh look, i wasted 15 seconds of my life. well done OP!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    If the OP was really desperate for advice then surely she would have responded to some of the answers that people have offered. It is nearly 24 hours since she posted her first post.

She joined in January 2012 and this is her first post and has no friends? Not that you have to collect friends, of course.

I do not want to cast stones but sometimes troll does come to mind with these type of posts.