Why do men like spoiling women. (non giggity)

Options
MyChocolateDiet
MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
I get why men would like to douse a woman they are trying to bed with anything they can to achieve that goal. Aside from or beyond that any of you guys wanna shed some light on why you guys do it at other times when no giggity is on the table? Or even just admit that you do it and why? I always thought women were supposed to be the "givers" and doting wives but sometimes that is just not the case, right?

(this thread is a direct response to "my SO is such a mean slimeball" and the ensuing "just break ups" and an attempt to understand the male hive mind in a totally different aspect. If you are a man-hater who has learned to hate all men because of one bad apple please save your venom for another thread. Thank you.)

Replies

• JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I would imagine that just as women like to do nice things for their SOs, men like to do the same "just because". I know I like to randomly do things just to see my guy happy because it makes me happy, too. I could be wrong lol, but just a guess. :tongue:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    why are no assuming no giggity is on the table? more to the point, why are you assuming that the man is assuming that no giggity is on the table?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    why are no assuming no giggity is on the table? more to the point, why are you assuming that the man is assuming that no giggity is on the table?

illness of a violent and dramatic and vile nature.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    This.
    Roundabout giggity, on the table or off the table, is the best.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

But Laters...... Aha.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My husband likes to spoil me because he loves me :love:

Sometimes you just do really nice things for the one you love, just because :flowerforyou:
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's men thing only. It all depends on the personality - some people just like to give it all to those they love, some are just more nurturing than others. And it's equally for both men and women.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I would imagine that just as women like to do nice things for their SOs, men like to do the same "just because". I know I like to randomly do things just to see my guy happy because it makes me happy, too. I could be wrong lol, but just a guess. :tongue:

nice? :huh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

But Laters...... Aha.

Ohhhhhh. Sneaky deaky.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    everyone needs to eat a mcDonalds apple pie some times. hell, even drive thru.
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Well, according to my husband, he likes to "spoil" me because he loves me. He likes to delight me with things I don't "need", spend quality time with me, etc., because he likes to see my face light up. He's thoughtful.
    Sex is not something he has to work for, sex is a given. I, personally, do not believe in telling my husband "no" for sex. That just never made sense in my mind, not something I've chosen to do. So he doesn't have to work for sex, he can have it anytime he wants. He knows this. (LOL, I've made it very clear...!!) So when he's spoiling me, it's not about working for sex, that's for sure!
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My husband likes to spoil me because he loves me :love:

Sometimes you just do really nice things for the one you love, just because :flowerforyou:
    Totally. :love:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man, but I would imagine love is love. When you love someone, no matter your gender, you want that person to be happy and will do what you can to make that person happy, regardless of whether there will be sex involved.
  • GnosisGnosis
    Options
    Sometimes there are men that are nice and like to do nice things. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I only wonder this in circumstances where it's one-sided, i.e. the woman is a total ***** to the guy and he just keeps spitting out candy. That just seems sad and pathetic to me, similar to when women go out of their way to do things for men who are selfish *kitten*, like they think being overly nice is going to cause the guy to go "Oh, well maybe I should start being nice back."

In functional relationships, I think a man wants to give to a woman because it makes him feel good to provide for her or just to make her happy. The woman above who said her husband doesn't have to work for sex because she never turns him down ... that's a prime example. He is fulfilled in the relationship, so his natural inclination is to do things that make her happy. I think the reverse happens a lot, too. When a woman is happy in her relationship with a man, she's going to work harder to keep him happy. And I don't think it's about self-interest. I just think when you are truly content, you have a more giving spirit.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Well, according to my husband, he likes to "spoil" me because he loves me. He likes to delight me with things I don't "need", spend quality time with me, etc., because he likes to see my face light up. He's thoughtful.
    Sex is not something he has to work for, sex is a given. I, personally, do not believe in telling my husband "no" for sex. That just never made sense in my mind, not something I've chosen to do. So he doesn't have to work for sex, he can have it anytime he wants. He knows this. (LOL, I've made it very clear...!!) So when he's spoiling me, it's not about working for sex, that's for sure!

Oky so once I can learn to get my face to light up I will get all the jewelries I don't need? How do I do that? Is there glitter involved?
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I love my wife very much, and her happiness makes me happy. Therefore spoiling her makes me happy.

So if you think about it, I guess I do it for selfish reasons :tongue:
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    If you are a man-hater who has learned to hate all men because of one bad apple please save your venom for another thread. Thank you.)
    I've had a couple of really bad apples, but I still LOVE men. Love everything about them, they are quite entertaining to me...yup, like a clown. They are funny like a clown.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    If you are a man-hater who has learned to hate all men because of one bad apple please save your venom for another thread. Thank you.)
    I've had a couple of really bad apples, but I still LOVE men. Love everything about them, they are quite entertaining to me...yup, like a clown. They are funny like a clown.

h58D06BB3
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I only wonder this in circumstances where it's one-sided, i.e. the woman is a total ***** to the guy and he just keeps spitting out candy. That just seems sad and pathetic to me, similar to when women go out of their way to do things for men who are selfish *kitten*, like they think being overly nice is going to cause the guy to go "Oh, well maybe I should start being nice back."

In functional relationships, I think a man wants to give to a woman because it makes him feel good to provide for her or just to make her happy. The woman above who said her husband doesn't have to work for sex because she never turns him down ... that's a prime example. He is fulfilled in the relationship, so his natural inclination is to do things that make her happy. I think the reverse happens a lot, too. When a woman is happy in her relationship with a man, she's going to work harder to keep him happy. And I don't think it's about self-interest. I just think when you are truly content, you have a more giving spirit.

Well put!!! :drinker: