150 lbs gone and feeling better than ever (w/ pics)

Options
bobbijodmb
bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
So anytime I hit any milestones, I like to put a before & during picture up, to hopefully help or inspire someone else, which in returns motivates me to keep going. I started this journey 150 lbs ago. I didn't realize how heavy I was. I realized that my weight was increasing, but the person in the before picture was not how I felt that I looked. I was working on my weight and then was in a car accident-- I couldn't work out for months and I was very down. I dealt with it with eating and this was the heaviest I ever was. There were lots of things to motivate me to start getting lighter and healthier. I also would like to mention that no one has ever said that I should lose weight (at least not to my face)-- my family never addressed it, my friends didn't, doctors, etc. I know it would have been hard to hear, but I wish that someone would have said something. But in October 2008, I decided that it was time for a change. I started working out and started watching what I ate. It took me 4 years to lose 100 lbs. I lost about 25 lbs a year and I was happy about that. Last October I made even more changes and became more focused. I lost the last 50 in the last year. I have about 35-40 more lbs that I want to lose and be the healthiest I ever have been. I realized that this is the smallest I have ever been as an adult and I am loving life. I didn't do anything to fix the problem quick- I didn't starve myself, I didn't get surgery, use laxatives, shakes, juices, or HTC, or anything else. I did it all with diet and exercise. It's been a great journey and I can't wait to see where the rest of it leads. I am excited that at some point soon I can finally have a before and AFTER picture, instead of a before and during picture. Hopefully I can motivate someone else and show you that hard work and a goal can help achieve your goals.

[img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh38/bobbijodmb/weight loss/image.jpg[/img]

Replies

• BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats!! You look amazing!!
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girl!
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You look wonderful.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    awesome job and congrats!!! You look gQQd
  • sbro32
    sbro32 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You look like a model!! So gorgeous and inspiring. Thanks for sharing and congratulations!
  • happydreamy
    happydreamy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Amazing! That hard work is paying off!
  • Fantastic job! Something you said really resonated with me...the person in the picture was not how you felt you looked. This is so true of me, too! I am always stunned when I see myself in pictures because that's not what I see in the mirror. I can't wait to be able to join you as a success story!

Also, it's really encouraging to see that weight loss doesn't have to be a fast thing! I know I always hear that the slower you lose, the more likely you'll keep it off, but sometimes it's hard to not be impatient at losing less than a pound a week. So encouraging to see your success!
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look incredible. Thanks for sharing.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Incredible! You look lovely and I know that you must be a much healthier woman!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Julene64
    Julene64 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What an amazing change and truly incredible accomplishment!! You look beautiful!! Keep up the good work!!
  • bethshines
    bethshines Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow -- super inspiring! Thanks for posting! Congratulations!:flowerforyou:
  • jaded762002
    jaded762002 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Darcelgs
    Options
    Congrats you look great! Very inspiring.
  • JameicaDenise
    JameicaDenise Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Well done!! You look amazing!
  • ADietadaM
    ADietadaM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Really fantastic results! Awesome!

If i can ask you, why did you think wwa the reason for you to gain weight? emotional problems? You didn't nothing about exercise?

I would like to ask if you did or have some problem with your belly (skin)? i have a big belly.

thank you
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Hard work pays off!
  • fedupfatty86
    fedupfatty86 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Lost all that weight--and about 10 years! CONGRATS!!! And I'm happy you weren't sad at losing "just" 25/pounds/year...cuz the MAIN thing is: IT STAYED OFF!
  • evilfairies
    evilfairies Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, thank you for sharing your success! Every time I'm feeling frustrated I like to read stories like this, because it helps me to know that there are others who have been able to achieve the goals I want to achieve. You are awesome!
  • kjimmie4848
    kjimmie4848 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing, you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!