150 lbs gone and feeling better than ever (w/ pics)

Options

Replies

• Vanity1920
    Vanity1920 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You just inspired me to keep going! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I think there are lots of reasons why people gain weight. I think some of mine was emotional but that was only recently. I played sports when I was younger but after graduation I stopped. I think most of my weight gain was poor nutrition options-- I often only ate fast food, fried foods and junk food. I never really over indulged, just made lots of bad decisions when it came to food- so looking back, I ate a lot of calories in a day. The weight slowly crept up over the years. There were periods of working out- I started to enjoy it. And then in 2008, someone ran a redlight and totaled my car-- I wasn't able exercise at all for almost 9 months-- thats when I started gaining a lot of weight-- I was in a lot of pain and probably depressed to some extent.

I don't have any problems right now with the skin since I have been doing a lot of toning and working out. I am hoping that it will continue to get smaller as it has.
    Really fantastic results! Awesome!

If i can ask you, why did you think wwa the reason for you to gain weight? emotional problems? You didn't nothing about exercise?

I would like to ask if you did or have some problem with your belly (skin)? i have a big belly.

thank you
  • ADietadaM
    ADietadaM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I think there are lots of reasons why people gain weight. I think some of mine was emotional but that was only recently. I played sports when I was younger but after graduation I stopped. I think most of my weight gain was poor nutrition options-- I often only ate fast food, fried foods and junk food. I never really over indulged, just made lots of bad decisions when it came to food- so looking back, I ate a lot of calories in a day. The weight slowly crept up over the years. There were periods of working out- I started to enjoy it. And then in 2008, someone ran a redlight and totaled my car-- I wasn't able exercise at all for almost 9 months-- thats when I started gaining a lot of weight-- I was in a lot of pain and probably depressed to some extent.

I don't have any problems right now with the skin since I have been doing a lot of toning and working out. I am hoping that it will continue to get smaller as it has.
    Really fantastic results! Awesome!

If i can ask you, why did you think wwa the reason for you to gain weight? emotional problems? You didn't nothing about exercise?

I would like to ask if you did or have some problem with your belly (skin)? i have a big belly.

thank you

Thank you for your answer!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is a lot of weight to get off!!
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Great job on your success!
  • apinknightmare
    apinknightmare Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look great!
  • stephicozar
    stephicozar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look stunning. Well done.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • dove_song1
    dove_song1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Consider me inspired. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I love that you were able to go so slowly and still stick with it. It's hard to remember the journey is the focus and not the destination.
  • ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is amazing and proof that when you stick with it you can achieve anything!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting your inspiring story. I too did not think of myself as being as overweight as I was. I was always shocked (and eventually horrified) at what I looked like when I saw a picture of myself. While I am happy for someone who has lost a lot of weight quickly, I find I can relate more when it's someone who has lost slowly, as that is how my weight loss journey is going. A big congratulations to you!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    You have done amazing!! WTG girl!!! :)
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    You look amazing . Well done.
  • jmcoyuela
    jmcoyuela Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your grand accomplishment! You have definitely inspired me. I am starting at over 300 lbs and I hope to be able to lose at least 150 lbs. You are a great model for other obese MFPers like myself! Cheers.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Congrats - you look amazing! Thank you for posting! I've lost my first 50# in 6 months through eating less & moving more - no secrets, pills or magic tricks either. I hope to be able to post after 150# lost by Christmas 2014. You're a great inspiration for me - I hope you accept my friend request!
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Wow what a great job!
  • AngieMoore1975
    AngieMoore1975 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable!!!! You look incredible and you're BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed for motivation this week! Thanks for taking the time to share your journey. You are amazing and I admire all your hard work.

Shirley in Oregon
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone =) I agree with a lot of what you said. When I look at pictures now, I am completely shocked. But I also was a non believer that I would ever be the size I am now. I believed I could look a little weight but never believed that I could do what I am doing. It's an awesome feeling and hope that you all get to feel that at some point as well if you haven't already.
  • t1954
    t1954 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. Your story will inspire many here on MFP. Thank you for sharing your story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!