Scales, Blenders, Spiralizers Oh My! (appliances you love?)

Options
Do I need a scale? I'm thinking I might because I have distorted ideals for what sizing is....

Do you like Immersion Blenders for soups?

And Spiralizers...darn...I want to hop on board. Do you have one and do you like it?

I'm a kitchen tool and appliance junkie haha so please enable me some more. Tell me what your fave items are in the kitchen! Can be super simple things too :)

Replies

• jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Me too! Just got a ninja... been making my breakfast smoothies daily now. Now that summer is over and fruit isn't fresh and plentiful anymore, it's a good way to get your fruit in in the morning.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Do I need a scale? I'm thinking I might because I have distorted ideals for what sizing is....

Do you like Immersion Blenders for soups?

And Spiralizers...darn...I want to hop on board. Do you have one and do you like it?

I'm a kitchen tool and appliance junkie haha so please enable me some more. Tell me what your fave items are in the kitchen! Can be super simple things too :)

I have a kitchen scale that measures in ounces and grams. It was around $20, and one of the best investments I ever made. I use it every single day.

I also got the Gefu Spirelli (spiralizer). I looked at a bunch of them, and chose the Gefu because it's small enough to fit in my silverware drawer. The other models all take up valuable counter space and I have a tiny kitchen. I LOVE my Spirelli and use it at least 3 times per week. I often make Zoodles and add light Alfredo sauce and a protein of some sort.

I don't make soup, so no experience with an immersion blender.

The other thing I could not function without is my Keurig. :heart:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Sous vide setup, whipping siphon, spring loaded tongs, silpat
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    My scale is my best friend in the kitchen. I weigh everything.

Also my blender bottle/shaker cup. I don't get much fancier than that.
  • Hunnib23
    Hunnib23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I loved my blender to death. I'm about to pick up my third one. I never had a food scale but I do try to measure things out with measuring cups. Oh and my Kitchen Aid mixer to make PB banana ice cream.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I *do* swear by having a (digital) scale for measuring food as its much more accurate than measuring 1/2 cup. 80 grams is 80 grams...no eyeballing!

I really do love all sorts of appliances...my beloved kitchenAid mixer, margarita maker (great just for making icees), dehydrator, kitchen scissors (omg life changing tool), bread maker, etc.

My favorite is really my mandolin though. Fruits and vegetables just look pretty and makes slicing effortless in no time at all.

Edit to add: I do love my immersion blender when making a creamy soup but it's the only time I use mine.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Scale and nutribullet... That's all I need. .. Oh, and a toaster oven. :smile:
  • faradaysdream
    faradaysdream Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You picked good ones in your title.

I'm a bit of an appliance...well you get the idea.

My favourites:

Kitchen aid food processor. Homemade nutella....need I say more?
    My spiralizer (I got a white plastic one on Amazon for around $30) I can eat all the "pasta" I want now!
    My nutribullet. Smoothies. And it fits in all my greens! Hummus (when I'm too lazy to get out my food processor)
    Scale. Just started using it. Pretty enlightening.
    Ice cream maker. Weird carp free deliciousness...well...maybe it is weird. Chickpea strawberry ice cream...PB and banana ice cream....real frozen yogurt. Mmmm...makes me happy.

And oddly, those cheap bendy cutting boards from Ikea...because I can pour whatever I chopped right into the pan. Which is good because otherwise, I drop things and make a mess.

And...not really a kitchen appliance...but it makes life so much better (especially because I spill stuff a lot)...my roomba, Rosie. I love her. I wish she did stairs. We can dream.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Only a scale (which I live by) and a blender (that I hardly ever use) I have a food processor but only use it around the holidays. I read an article a while back that said that the more small appliances a person has on their counter tops the fatter the person. Thought it was interesting. I am a minimalist so a knife can do for me just about what any appliance can do. lol I will admit could not live without my toaster though.
  • zensugi
    zensugi Posts: 76
    Options
    I find a scale indispensable. In contrast, I'm trying to get rid off stuff from the kitchen, so selling everything I don't use, which are most appliances.
  • mbcgwen
    mbcgwen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My epilator.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, I loved my tater twister.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    The scale is the best thing ever .. I use it for my smoothie ingredients every day.

I also have a NutriBullet which I love. It is totally wonderful.

That's about it. I just am a basics kinda guy.
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    The only appliance I use regularly is my Oster blender-love it for my daily green smoothies. I've never owned a food scale or the other equipment you mentioned.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'd been considering a scale. Thanks for the input - I think I'll pick one up tomorrow.
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    A couple of months ago we decided that we wanted to get either a blender or a juicer. So.......we bought and returned about 4 !
    At first we thought the Nutribullet - was just the thing....NO...too small. So we got the Ninja blender.....well, No - because we then thought what we really wanted was a juicer....so we got a really nice Breville juicer. well one go with that and we decided that NO -
    thats a lot of veggies and fruit to end up with just a little juice. So back it went. Then another and can't even remember what that was. Finally we decided that our old Osterizer had been pretty darn good - maybe we just needed a new one! So we found the one that has 4 blades going up and 2 down. Ordered it from Amazon $ 60 bucks and it makes the best smoothies ! Perfect. Have one
    everyday - would not want to ever be without my Oster Blender!
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    This one i use alot.....

Nutribullet.jpg
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I am on my third food scale, and have used them way before MFP, although that's the major use now. Immersion blender: love it. Kitchen machine and food mill, check! Food processor, absolutely. Have I left anything out??
    Ummm...maybe my abundance of appliances is part of the reason I'm on this website? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    can't live without:
    Digital scale
    Kitchen Aid (with meat grinder attachment)
    Immersion blender (with chopper attachment)
    mandolin
    vertical sausage press
    Bradley electric smoker

I'd like to add a food processor and a blender, but I have a tiny kitchen.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My two most recent purchases are a digital scale and a Magic Bullet. The scale is in use all the time, and the magic bullet makes protein shakes so so so very easy and cleanup is a snap compared to pulling out the blender. On my wish list would be a dehydrator but I don't think I would use it enough to be worth the kitchen space.