Any safe food suggestions ? :)

Options
I really need some more safe foods to buy! I get cravings pretty bad sometimes and I do not want to end up bingeing!

Replies

• sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I really need some more safe foods to buy! I get cravings pretty bad sometimes and I do not want to end up bingeing!

Ummmm.....

I-Got-Nothing.gif
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    What exactly do you mean by "safe foods"?
  • catholiclorimom
    catholiclorimom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a few trigger foods which I mostly avoid because they lead to a binge pretty often, especially if I am sad or tired. That said, the foods I love to have on hand are: all fresh fruits and vegetables. In the fall I love hot soups, so canned soups are great to have on hand. Also the fixings for homemade veggie soups (I add in the pasta or rice after the soup is made so I can measure it). Other good foods to consider are: smoothies made with ice/skim milk, and fruit; plain popcorn (no butter, but sprinkle with garlic salt or cinnamon; sugar free cocoa frothed up with cinnamon; pumpkin mixed with sugar free vanilla pudding; veggies with humas (home made is super easy). Diet root beer with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream--keep add more soda and keep drinking :) Fruit/veggies made into sugar free jello with a dab of fat free Cool Whip on top. Another treat is fudgecicles at Dairy Queen. Remember to plate your food beautifully and to savor it. We eat with our eyes too! Good luck on your eating plan. :drinker:
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Ummmm.....

I-Got-Nothing.gif

This x100
  • lets_fly_away
    Options
    I have a few trigger foods which I mostly avoid because they lead to a binge pretty often, especially if I am sad or tired. That said, the foods I love to have on hand are: all fresh fruits and vegetables. In the fall I love hot soups, so canned soups are great to have on hand. Also the fixings for homemade veggie soups (I add in the pasta or rice after the soup is made so I can measure it). Other good foods to consider are: smoothies made with ice/skim milk, and fruit; plain popcorn (no butter, but sprinkle with garlic salt or cinnamon; sugar free cocoa frothed up with cinnamon; pumpkin mixed with sugar free vanilla pudding; veggies with humas (home made is super easy). Diet root beer with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream--keep add more soda and keep drinking :) Fruit/veggies made into sugar free jello with a dab of fat free Cool Whip on top. Another treat is fudgecicles at Dairy Queen. Remember to plate your food beautifully and to savor it. We eat with our eyes too! Good luck on your eating plan. :drinker:

Thanks! I love soups :)
  • lets_fly_away
    Options

Ummmm.....

I-Got-Nothing.gif

This x100

Omfg XD I laughed so hard at that!!!
  • lets_fly_away
    Options
    What exactly do you mean by "safe foods"?

Foods that have barley any calories or are healthy to eat in large proportions
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Many great options here. Personally I do not eat plain popcorn but never thought to put cinnamon on it. I use butter buds usually.

I have issues with ice cream so I try not to buy it but do have the occasional treat. In its place I like the skinny cow line. There is a no sugar added sandwich if sugar is an issue. Most are under 160 calories

I love to keep fresh apples on hand which is perfect now as they are in season. Add a little peanut butter on them.
  • mkarrington77
    Options
    Well...since it's almost winter I eat a lot of soup especially for lunch! Organic tomato mostly. I eat that along with leafy greens and balsamic vinegar with a piece of toast! Pretty yummy if you're really wanting a meal.

But if your like me sugar is the real problem. I love sugar and dessert. Chocolate. Anyways...if you make a shake, (I'm sure you've seen the green ones) they make a pretty fab sub for dessert or a "bad" snack.

Here's what I've been putting in mine :)
    1/2 banana
    a few frozen strawberries or berries (or if you're wanting protein, a tbsp of organic/natural peanut butter)
    a few leaves of spinach
    a splash of milk...

Its so yummy...I have a lot of sweet cravings where I HAVE TO HAVE A SNACK :) but then I have this and I'm good :)

Also, if you go to a health food store, they usually have these dried fruit strips, they're like mini fruit roll ups, but they're just fruit.

Feel free to friend me! :)
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Use separate cutting boards for vegetables and raw meat.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I didnt realize food was dangerous :noway:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    "Safe" foods?

Umm, anything not laced with arsenic is safe.
  • gk03ub
    gk03ub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I feel you, I have certain foods that are serious "triggers" for me so I try to avoid them at all costs (I have this horrible mentality that once I eat chips, for example, I've already "screwed up" and therefore it often leads to a "oh well, might as well binge today" attitude). Stock up on healthy foods, which, even if you eat a large quantity of, will benefit your body with nutrients. Foods like fruits, vegetables, sweet potatoes, squash, brown rice, whole wheat bread, nuts, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, chicken, and fish make up the most of my intake because A) they make me feel good when I eat them, B) I don't deprive myself and I feel satiated enough NOT to reach for a "trigger" food, and C) I personally find all these foods totally yummy. Find foods that you genuinely like and which make you feel healthy, satiated, and energized :)
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Taco bell?

Pretty sure you get out, more than you put in.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Pizza.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Foods with barley any calories or that are healthy in large proportions

So you want to eat a large amount of something that will provide almost no actual nutrition? Why come?

And if you eat something that doesn't have calories, can we really call it food?
  • lets_fly_away
    Options
    I feel you, I have certain foods that are serious "triggers" for me so I try to avoid them at all costs (I have this horrible mentality that once I eat chips, for example, I've already "screwed up" and therefore it often leads to a "oh well, might as well binge today" attitude). Stock up on healthy foods, which, even if you eat a large quantity of, will benefit your body with nutrients. Foods like fruits, vegetables, sweet potatoes, squash, brown rice, whole wheat bread, nuts, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, chicken, and fish make up the most of my intake because A) they make me feel good when I eat them, B) I don't deprive myself and I feel satiated enough NOT to reach for a "trigger" food, and C) I personally find all these foods totally yummy. Find foods that you genuinely like and which make you feel healthy, satiated, and energized :)

Same! I can't eat a bag of chips without feeling bad:/ I was looking up foods though and I hear rice cakes are low cal and are crunchy like chips and even come in different flavours!
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I didnt realize food was dangerous :noway:

Cross contamination: The Silent Killer!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I have some calorie free candy in the trunk of my car

JsF90mX.gif