Hunger can make you happy

Options

Replies

• AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Has no one read the Hunger Games? That ish will make you kill children.

You even saying or thinking that is disturbing! I know its a book but people just don't associate eating children with hunger or that is your first alternative to McDonalds.

They don't?

But they don't eat the kids. ... I don't think. I'm only one book in and it's a trilogy.

Yeah... no... no cannibalism. Just good old fashioned kid vs. kid violence.

Have you seen battle royale? Like the hunger games (and made before too), only with more gore.

Funnily enough- saw it at a halloween party. The gore was not to my satisfaction.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    maybe hunger can make me happy...

but eating when I'm hungry makes me ecstatic!

YAY FOOD!
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I went thru this early on in my weight loss. I found myself eating around 800 cals most days. Now I am eating a net of 1300-1700 :)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Hunger just makes me b!tchy.
  • kathrine90
    kathrine90 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The film battle royale is amazing !!!
    one of my favourites hehe
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are that nothing should be taken to extremes. In my opinion, it helped me to experience a little hunger because it helped me reconnect with my body in a healthy way. I was a mindless muncher throughout the day. In order for me to gain some control, I needed to re-learn the signals of my body and what it needed. I started with cutting out the snacks and chose to eat three squares a day. That approach helped me stabilize my blood sugar and control the insulin response in my body that was driving my endless eating. Grazing throughout the day did not help me, it hindered me. In the end, I ended up eating when I was hungry and I gained control over my sugar cravings. Again, I am not endorsing starving yourself.

If you look at any Intermittend Fasting Group, whether it's Lean Gains, 5:2 or Eat Stop Eat, a lot of people there have reported exactly what you describe... That "reset" function of appetite after a fast day, reconnecting with true hunger, stopping boredom grazing, getting over cravings etc. I do IF and usually have good mood and good energy levels on fast days.
  • TrickGirl95
    Options
    At any rate hunger makes me appreciate food more.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is true for some, but hunger has never made me anything other than grumpy (and a little bit mean).

Me too!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

You even saying or thinking that is disturbing! I know its a book but people just don't associate eating children with hunger or that is your first alternative to McDonalds.

They don't?

But they don't eat the kids. ... I don't think. I'm only one book in and it's a trilogy.

Have you seen battle royale? Like the hunger games (and made before too), only with more gore.

Funnily enough- saw it at a halloween party. The gore was not to my satisfaction.

I've seen it. We called the long haired kid 'A Flock of 'Seagulls' because we could never remember his name.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

I'm in for eating children, they have a high fat content and they really aren't that hard to catch!
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I haven't been getting hungry as much as when I first started. I think my body is used to this level of food now. It's going to be weird when I go into maintenance, and suddenly I'll have 300-400 more calories I can eat. I'll feel like I'm stuffing myself. :bigsmile:
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It makes me hangry.

I also get hangry lol :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

They don't?

Someone never read A Modest Proposal ...
  • SunBunzz
    SunBunzz Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This was too interesting. lol

Hunger can cause alertness, heighten the senses a little, but I wouldn't confuse that feeling with happiness. lol
  • NatashaZoee
    NatashaZoee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is true for some, but hunger has never made me anything other than grumpy (and a little bit mean).

Hahaa this is so true! I am forever a grump until I have been fed!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If you feel euphoria from hunger it means you are in the danger zone. Your body is trying to produce endorphins to give you energy and drive to get more food. It won't last long until you begin to suffer serious health consequences, if you haven't already. And while you may feel that euphoria, to everyone else you will appear to be mentally unwell. I've seen it before. It's a very isolated state to be in, you are retreating away from people into a fantasy world in your own mind. It doesn't last. It will all fall apart on you and reality will hit you very hard (possibly in the form of a stroke).
  • rml_16
    Options

They don't?

I don't think there's an original thought in The Hunger Games. Even the way the Capital people dress and do their hair comes from A Sonf of Ice and Fire.
  • rml_16
    Options
    If you feel euphoria from hunger it means you are in the danger zone. Your body is trying to produce endorphins to give you energy and drive to get more food.

And THIS is why people who "fast" feel so good!
  • Lucia_Armstrong1973
    Options
    I understand the feeling. It's about (in my opinion) being happy about being in control of one's eating, that food doesn't control you. And a little hunger by itself won't kill you. When I feel hungry, I first drink a glass of water, if I'm still hungry 15 minutes later, I go ahead and eat something healthy. That way I know how TRUE hunger feels, rather than hunger that comes from boredom or frustration or even thirst.
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Okay, I half agree- half don't.

I try my best to stick to my IF (which typically isn't alternate days, I just try and eat all my food in a window of a few hours--on busy days I just eat normally and then try to have a lower calorie next day). I will admit, on lower calories I do feel better. I like feeling empty before I work out or do yoga, mostly because in my little body- a little food will make me feel really heavy and nauseated during exercise. That being said, I eat...a lot...often. Just afterwards. I have my little exercise "high" and then I go and have a protein shake and some fruit...then some chicken breast and salad for dinner. And greek yogurt for dessert.

Just like any other drug man...you can't be high ALL the time without some problems.
This discussion has been closed.